• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you love most about your main?

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
:4rob: - Gyro is my favourite part about R.O.B's move set. It's vey exciting to preform and watch all of his Gyro setups and combos.

:4greninja: - I love his overall ability to play a hit and run style of gameplay. His ability to combo and apply pressure with an assortment of mix ups is really fun!! What I LOVE most though is his Meteor spike is a great tool and fun move to do. Sure.. It's unsafe and very punishable if you miss. BUT it's such a safe option on shields, it is also an awesome combo starter, AND it's a great move for edge guarding!!

:4lucas: - Lucas`s combo strings is what I really love about this character!! Linking Neutral-A`s together gives me a great feeling when I preform them. Also, his flashy move set gives me ALL the hype feelings!! If I had to pick a specific move in Lucas`s bag of trick that I love the most is..... Rope Snake. It`s an awesome spacing tool, and the grapple option for recovery is such a great option for him!

Mr.989

Smash Rookie
The O.G. himself Mr. Game & Watch:4gaw:

As plain and simple as they come, yet so mysterious and complicated. Has probably the most mixed reviews out of all the Smash fighters. There never seems to be a clear consensus of his skill level, it's a never ending debate of how over or underrated he is due to how overpowered his weaknesses are. He is just as lethal as he is flawed and thats what makes him special to me. I love how he can cause a room full of people to go into complete chaos in mere seconds by someone chancing a quick Side-B and connecting with an oh so wonderfully painful "9". Instantly giving one player one of the most satisfying feelings of execution in the game and handing over a devastating shock of defeat to another. He really does fly like a butterfly and stings like a bee lol. I guess I could say what I love most about him is how destructively calm he is.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
:4jigglypuff: - Don't you just wanna hug her?? Also, I love dancing around in the air with her. I'll always play Jigglypuff as a main!

:4lucina: - She was one of the first new characters I tried. Despite her ups and downs, I sort of like her better than Marth due to the more comfortable spacing game she can play (IMO, anyway.)

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
:4darkpit:Feels very natural to me and am apparently a fan of his edginess. Picked him right up after trying to main Marth back in prepatch, and it was great. Has pretty much all the tools to hold his own against other characters and is just straight up fun to me. Side Bs are also very satisfying to land. Being a character that utilizes fundamentals fairly often, I really enjoy playing him for that reason as well.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
:4ness: - I do like that he has a similar sort of "feel" to his Brawl counterpart, which certainly helped me in the transition to Smash 4. However, the thing I like most about Ness is a bit more of a "when life gives you lemons" situation. I was a very impatient player back in Brawl, but after coming into Smash 4 I had resolved to fix that. Ness' relatively mediocre neutral game sounds like a flaw on the surface, but for my purposes it actually helps me recognize when I make a mistake in neutral and encourages me to analyze my opponents more. So in a sense Ness is perfect for a guy like me since I want to improve my general skills alongside sticking with a character I can have fun with.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
:4mewtwo:: Pokemon has easily been the series I've played the longest, and I absolutely love Mewtwo as both a Pokemon and a character is his movie. I absolutely love love love the thought of telekinesis, psychic powers, etc. etc. and Mewtwo is the perfect embodiment of that! Last but not least, he's easily without a doubt the character I have the most fun with.

:4bowser:: After being introduced into the world of RPGs from Pokemon, I saw Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story on the shelves of a Target. I fell in love with it from the moment I saw the box art, and after begging my parents for several minutes, they got it for me. I loved how much character they put into Bowser when all I thought of him before was some giant turtle who couldn't even speak... boy, how wrong I was! Bowser's Inside Story is one of, if not my favorite video game of all time. It's hard to believe I've had the game for 7 whole years now!
...And I still haven't managed to beat Bowser X.
BiS is such a awsome game i been meaning to play through it again such a awsome game.

Funny thing i main bowser in pretty much all mario games such as the sports ones and mainly mario kart i mained him in Melee and Brawl and now he is arguably the best he has ever been in any smash game i dont main him in Sm4sh...
He doesnt feel like he did the changes helped him but made him feel different.

I main Ganon & DDD in Sm4sh.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Ok, I'll give it a shot.

:rosalina:: I liked the character when she debuted in Galaxy, and fell in love with her because of her voice in Mario Kart Wii. The fact that I can attack from two different parts of the stage when I have Luma is awesome.

:4lucas:: I had no idea of who this kid was when he was revealed in Brawl, so I didn't pay much attention to him. I eventually picked him up and his playstyle happened to be my style (floaty, energy-based attacks).

:4mewtwo:: Because I love everything related to telekinesis and psychic powers, and Mewtwo is just perfect to represent that. I also love his personality in the game.

:4yoshi:: Ever since I was a kid I've always chosen Yoshi for Mario spin-offs: Kart, Tennis, Golf, etc. He was my main in 64 and after not liking him in Melee and Brawl, it felt great to be able to use him again. And let's face it, he's ****ing adorable.

:4charizard:: I love dragons. He was the reason why I had a hard time choosing between Charmander and Squirtle (because I love Blastoise too. LOL no use chooses Bulbasaur). He sucked in Brawl but he's great this time around. Gotta love that brute force.

:4palutena:: Her reveal trailer is, to me, the absolute best of all. Her voice is hypnotizing to me and I just love how sassy she is. Even though she's not great, I find her playstyle really fun. And that Side Taunt, yo.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
:4wario: Farting on people never gets old. Just like in real life, farts are always funny. Just so satisfying to land Wario's down B and kill people at low percents. Also I love how because of fart you are almost never out of a match. All you need to do is take one stock, and even if you're down 130% to 30% on the last stock you're still not really losing until your waft is gone.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
:4robinm:/:4zelda: Looking incredibly stylish as people fall into my setups.

:4ness: PK thunder mind games

:4marth: Getting the tip after a sweet combo

:4lucas:His really nice combo game. (As well as getting that sweet sweet bair spike)

Last edited:

Reitein

Smash Rookie
NNID
Reitein82
I main :4lucas:,:4ryu:, and :4bowserjr:. They're all fun to play, but each one has special attributes I really like.

Lucas has tons of combos and his throw game is extremely strong even for a tether grabber. His smash attacks are a bit laggy, but solid and his defensive playstyle is cool to me. Plus, getting reads with the up smash is the most satisfying feeling in the world.

Ryu is so technical, yet unpredictable. His combo game is strong, but he also packs some of the hardest hitting moves out there. He's got a decent projectile, a KO up-b, and very strong tilts/smashes. Also, focus attack is borderline OP.

Jr. is such a different character from the rest of the cast that playing him is a lot of fun. He's got mechakoopas, side b combos, very solid aerials, and smash attacks that are good for punishing since they stay out for so long. His recovery is whack, too, and his overall demeanor is cool to me.

D

Deleted member

:4marth:Despite his flaws, he's quite fun to use and I got used to his playstyle really quickly. I also have some sort of affinity to him as well - I really like him as a character.

:4link: I prefer to play swordfighting characters but also love the fact he has projectiles as well which makes him different from the other swordfighters in the game. Also I have a bit of affinity for him too like I do with Marth.

:4feroy:Like Marth but feels different - definitely not in a bad way. While Marth goes for the tip Roy goes for the hilt plus he's my boy~

:4cloud:Never really played much of Final Fantasy 7 but I find him interesting as a character and I love his playstyle. I got used to him easily and he wasn't that difficult picking up. Since I mostly main swordfighters he fit right in.

:4ness:The only one who doesn't use a sword! He's definitely an exception out of the characters I main. But I love his playstyle and I find it quite unique and he's pretty fun.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

I could probably write a seventy page essay on Meta Knight and why I adore him. (heheh... I adore myself... because, you know, I'm Meta Knight... Obviously...) Anywho, I mained him because he's my all time favorite character from anything. As I learned what he's capable of and grew from a noob maining Meta Knight for lulz to a player who is needless to say very proud of his Meta Knight, I came to appreciate Meta Knight as he is portrayed in Smash far more than I would have by playing him casually. I think Abadango pulling his first Uair juggle to Shuttle Loop is what inspired me to push my MK beyond my previous skill cap (or at least what I thought was my skill cap). I feel that Meta Knight requires a lot of skill to fully master. I love him because he gives me a challenge; a mountain to climb. I doubt I'll make it to the top, but I'll climb as far as I can.

Robin I like for similar reasons. When I saw his trailer, I wasn't just excited to see one of my favorite characters from Awakening, a magic user, and someone other than Chrom get in, I was excited because his playstyle looked gorgeously crafted; the number of tools he has was astonishing, but what attracted me to him even more is the apparent amount of skill required to utilize them properly. I loved the idea of such a strategy-based character. That, and MAJIC LAYZUR BEEMZ!

Roy I love because he's just so damn sexy I love him so much HHHHHHHNNNGGGG
HE'S SO HOT!!!!

So is Hector...

(Plus, I might be the only Fire Emblem fangirl of whom Roy is the favorite character. I acknowledge this is an extremely unpopular opinion. Get over it.)

Last edited:

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
I guess my favorite thing about the Koopalings is that they're spoiled children. My favorites are Lemmy and Roy.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529

I could probably write a seventy page essay on Meta Knight and why I adore him. (heheh... I adore myself... because, you know, I'm Meta Knight... Obviously...) Anywho, I mained him because he's my all time favorite character from anything. As I learned what he's capable of and grew from a noob maining Meta Knight for lulz to a player who is needless to say very proud of his Meta Knight, I came to appreciate Meta Knight as he is portrayed in Smash far more than I would have by playing him casually. I think Abadango pulling his first Uair juggle to Shuttle Loop is what inspired me to push my MK beyond my previous skill cap (or at least what I thought was my skill cap). I feel that Meta Knight requires a lot of skill to fully master. I love him because he gives me a challenge; a mountain to climb. I doubt I'll make it to the top, but I'll climb as far as I can.
I feel you one the Meta Knight stuff, he is also a favorite character of mine and man do I struggle with the uair strings. Its annoying especially cause I can do everything but his most important tool. I might learn it someday and come back but I wish you luck in your endeavors to master him.

Top Bottom