• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you love most about your main?

D

Deleted member

Self-explanatory question, but imma go on a bit of a tangent first. We are pretty passionate about who we main in Smash, maybe it's because you love their playstyle, the series they came from, or have a personal attachment to said character. So the question here is: what do you like most about your main? What do you find most satisfying about them?

As you can probably tell by my avatar, the fact I never shut up about him or that I have an anime girl version of him in my avatar, and have him twice in my postbit, I main King Dedede. :4dedede:

I just have so much fun with him than compared to any other character in the cast, despite my thoughts on his current position in the metagame. His animations are impeccable and I just love his cartoony, over-the-top nature in general. Being able to rep one of my favorite fictional characters and my favorite Nintendo series ever is also pretty awesome! Plus, hitting someone with his most powerful moves like Jet Hammer, forward smash or dash attack will always feel immensely satisfying. You feel the impact for whenever those moves hit, seriously. His taunts are all so great, and we can't forget how beautiful his crouch is. There's a reason Sakurai thinks he's already perfect. :^)

So yeah, post on! I'm pretty interested to see your guys' thoughts.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
:4cloud:has really great limit break options that are good to mix up. His U-Air is one of his best moves.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Kid Icarus: Uprising is my absolute favourite game and Pit is my favourite Nintendo character, just a stone's throw from being my favourite character in any media. I love his ironic sense of heroism, his unique design, his versatile moveset and the fact that he is a very well-balanced character. I have a lot of fun playing him. I wouldn't trade him for any other character.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I like playing as :4mario:, but I don't like him. You can say I like the Smash Character Mario, but not the actual person Mario. He's the first char I ever played as in this series, he's easy to learn and get results with, and I've been a Mario main since always. I'm so used to Mario I have a hard time using anybody else. All of my Smash achievements so far are credited to him, so maybe I should treat my main with more respect. I think Mario's versatility and simplicity is what attracts me to him so much.

Then there's my secondary main :4lucina:. What first attracted me to Lucie was just the potential of jokes I could make about her, "Oh, look, it's waifu Marth" and the sorts. As time went on, I actually started using her, and she was so much fun, I've had more fun using her than I ever did using Marth. There's that, and the fact that, in my opinion, she looks beautiful, so she soon became one of my favourite characters and my favourite newcomer. Hell, she's the entire reason why I bought Fire Emblem: Awakening, and I'm honestly not regretting it. So, I'd say what I love most about her is her looks and how fun of a character she is to play. I don't care that she's not good or anything, I'm having fun, and that's hoenstly the most important thing, to me.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
This is gonna be pretty short, but I have two characters that I play the most in tournies and online. :4falco::4shulk: Are my favorite characters in the entire video game universe followed by spyro the dragon.
I was so hyped when shulk got included in Smash and I loved his Monado arts. Even though he may be in the bottom half, that doesn't stop me.
I mained Falco in melee when I played it before The smash 4 days. His lasers are sadly useless compared to melee, but his game and character overall make me stick to him.

That wasn't short lol

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
:4lucina:Waifu:4corrinf: Emblem:4robinf: and the :4feroy:boiz:4shulk:.

-ahem-

To properly put it into perspective, ever since Melee my favorite characters to play have always been sword characters.
Ranging from :linkmelee::younglinkmelee::marthmelee: and my boi :roymelee:. Brawl was not much different with :toonlink:, aside from :pikachu2:(tail sword tho)

When :4lucina: was announced alongside Robin, my hype levels were over the limit. I had dropped hopes of Lucina making it, as there was no way they would have her replace Marth.
To this day I still find it funny how she was able to make it as a separate character. Despite being a clone, her inclusion was one the things that made me nearly cry and dance in joy. She was a character that I loved a lot when I played Fire Emblem: Awakening.

For :4robinm::4robinf:, funnily...I wasn't as excited about 'em as I was for Lucina during their announcement trailer. But when I got my hands on the 3DS version of the game, that was entirely different. They had a unique playstyle, and one that I love playing with to this day. (Though I suck.)

Next is mah boi :4roy:. I mean, :4feroy:.
Dis guy took my by surprise. Even when the leak happened I never thought they'd reintroduce him especially when we had :4lucina:filling the Marth-clone spot. Boy was I wrong.
He has been my favorite character to play in Melee, and his exclusion in Brawl made me sad. But having him come back better than ever warmed my childhood heart. The boi is now a man.

Then we have :4shulk:, the other boi. Honestly, I seriously do not know how to play him well. But ever since playing Xenoblade Chronicles X I've been more and more interested in keeping him in my roster, and playing his own game when I get the money. Here's to hoping I get better with him...

:4corrinf: made me hype so hard I almost pulled an Etika. IS IT FEBRUARY YET?

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
:4cloud: because he's nothing short of amazing to play as and in terms of strength, the only swordsman I feel like has the TRUE POWER (Ike is the closest but Cloud has things he lacks.)
:4drmario: He's a lot of fun and he got buffed numerous times in small, important ways anyways. A really good secondary and again, really fun.
:4mario: Was originally gonna play him when I played 3DS Demo, then Doc leaks and I was hype for Doc, but I still have a Mario that puts in work despite the fact that I barely practice him. It's a combination of some Doc knowledge but mostly fundamental carryover, Mario's kinda just....like that, I feel.

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
I picked :4myfriends: and :4metaknight: because I want to try using different characters that goes with the same series (:kirby64:, :marthmelee:, :metaknight:) as the characters that I use in the past Smash Bros games despite that they are not easy for me to use them unlike :4marth: :4feroy:. I also use :4olimar:, :4luigi:, :4kirby:, and :4miisword: for fun/casual.

Anyway I really love the Kirby, Pikmin, and the Fire Emblem (only played one game though) series.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:rosalina: Range, and her versatility in controlling space and limiting options with Luma positioning.

8BitPlayer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheRvzu25
3DS FC
2793-0677-8512
:4megaman: MegaMan, because he has attacks from previous games he's been in and my favorite video game character.

Aside from that, there's combos for MegaMan,There are some that are hard to explain but there's that up air when your about to land and then jump again with up air, I like to do that when there % is around 70%, then there's the beginning of the match with a dash attack followed with nuteral A and up tilt, it's more of a chain attack.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I honestly wouldn't have thought I would use Cloud as much as I have, but he is just so much fun. The power he wields, and also his limit mechanics makes him very fun to play with. He is just plain old fun.

I used to play Marth a bunch because I was rather familiar with him from previous Smash games, but Marth's Smash 4 incarnation just makes me sad sometimes. I'll still use Marth every now and then, but Cloud is definitely my go to swordsman.

And I want to also main Bayonetta when she releases too, because I have been a fan of DMC and Bayonetta for a good while now, as well as Platinum Games, so I definitely want to rep someone from one of my favorite game devs as well as genre.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
:rosalina:

I like how Rosalina can be very diverse with the Luma by her side. While Rosalina isn't exactly an easy fighter to master, she feels like one of the safer fighters to use; you can always have the Luma charge into a melee, while Rosalina stays clear of any onslaughts. I do wish that Rosalina's air mobility was better, but I guess that can easily be resolved by giving her the Glider equipment; one piece of Glider equipment on Rosalina gives her an air speed value of 1.25, rivaling Mewtwo's air speed.

Vex514

Smash Cadet
For as much flak as I get from the community,:4sonic:has always had a special place in my heart. I grew up with a Genesis and didn't own a Nintendo anything until the N64, so the blue blur was really the only game I ever knew as a kid. I used to collect the comics, watch the show, play all the games, and it was also the only game my mom ever played with me as a kid. Sure, the games have gone to **** and the current media out there is terribly cringe worthy, I just associate the character with practically my entire childhood and everything good about it. I don't care if he's terrible (and I'm so glad that he's top tier) or if other people give me flak for playing my character (though, I like to say I try to play aggressively, because I can't stand campy sonic play) I'll always stick to my boy blue.

Also :4pikachu:because I love Pokemon and come on just look at that face it's adorable.

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Well, Cloud just so happens to be my favorite video game character (if we aren't counting his emo versions from the compilation). He also gets a powerful and extremely fun arsenal in this game, so that's a plus.

As for Shulk, well, he's just so versatile and unique. And his Smash Monado Art is so great.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I can pretty much sum it up in the words "Laser-shooting rocket-boosting robot with a ****ing spinning top." Also, he's the only Smash character who actually exists in real life.
Though if I'm completely honest, the only reason I chose R.O.B. from the start was because I was watching early Sm4sh footage looking for a potential main. I felt like just sorta going with who I saw first, and I saw a R.O.B. match first. If it weren't R.O.B. I landed on, it could've been Duck Hunt or Pac-Man or Greninja or whoever (and honestly, if Mewtwo was part of the starting roster, I probably would've mained him without any second thoughts).
As for Mewtwo, well, I mained him in Melee, so I just had to pick him up again this time around. And, wouldn't you know it, he has some really fun combos in Sm4sh and Shadow Ball is just such a good projectile, so I made him my... "casual main," I guess.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Haven't seen anything for Fox yet.

As a dog lover, I like Fox because he's well.....a Fox (same reason would have applied for Wolf).

Also because Fox moves faster and has a better recovery (RIP Yoshi, it was nice knowing you).

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
:4megaman:

I'm a big fan of the entire Mega Man series. I also like that he has a very odd moveset, and that he's a character you don't see chosen too often. None of the people I play with regularly play Mega Man, so I took it upon myself to use him and see what the character could do.

DERPFISHsaysNO

Smash Cadet
As a Kirby main, I guess I'm your canonical enemy!
Regardless, the main reason I love Kirby is how his deadliness pairs with the general comical look of Kirby. I never get over the stunned look on someone's face as I jump most of the way to the blast zone on battlefield to poke them with a back air. The insane satisfaction of comboing inhale to inhale is great too. There's also the down air combos that are guarunteed against most characters as Kirby.
He's deadly for a marshmallow.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I love how he plays in Smash the most (Kirby), I woudn't main him if I hated him.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
In all the Smash games I've been a very heavy read, bait, and punish sort of player, so characters that can just smack the snot out of others have always been the most appealing to me. Ike's personality is also really appealing, and I've always liked unorthodox fighting styles. Been meaning to play through Path of Radiance to see just how close my head canon is to real canon though.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
:4pikachu: Extreme versatility. Good speed and combo potential. Overall great moveset with many options available for any situation. One of the best if not the best recovery in the game (Skull Bash and Quick Attack say **** your gimping attempts), and all in an adorable little package to boot. He basically has everything he needs to be a good character while rewarding you for playing skillfully, just really satisfying to use. I've never enjoyed anyone more than Pikachu.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
:4wiifit: is the the first character that got me excited for sm4sh. She had zero demand from smash fans (myself included) but she quickly became my favorite fighter. Everything about her moveset defies logic, but works beautifully in-game. She has (imo) the most creative fighting style in the cast, I love how all her moves are excercises and how she'll talk randomly mid-match. Though I have my gripes with her hitboxes, she is the character I enjoy playing most <3

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I never really cared about how :4kirby: played or felt. I honestly was quite neutral on him, he simply felt good to play but I played with him and every single character in Brawl (Random Main). When I got Triple Deluxe (sadly the only Kirby game I've played to this day ;-; I hope I'm able to buy older games and Rainbow Curse soon.) my sympathy with Kirby grew and he became literally my main.
His game is so fun to play, just like him in Smash; he's cute and deadly. He steals other people's abilites. He has a good, yet still fragile recovery. He has great setups this time around. He's quick but not that fast. I like how defensive and aggresive you can get with him, being able to switch playstyles. I also like how rewarding his light weight can get. Dying earlier is a problem, but you don't need to worry about being combo'd or gimped to death. (I also used him before because of Stone, but it's a secret to everybody :troll:). I just don't main him in other titles because I don't want to hurt my Smash 4 Kirby, but he will always be my favorite Smash character.
AAAAY 1000th POST

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
I used to play:4lucina:/:4marth:because I really wanted Lucina in the game and she played the same as Marth. But I realized over time that I disliked how they play.

I main :4feroy: now because I prefer playing rush down characters in fighting games and has the same focus on sweetspots like :4marth:

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
:4cloud: Final Fantasy VII introduced me to RPG's, so Cloud has a special place in my heart. Add to the fact that his inclusion was so left-field I almost didn't believe it. It also helps that his play style is INCREDIBLY fun.

:4ganondorf: Funny story, when I was younger, I absolutely hated Ganondorf, and was actually kind of mad that he was included in Melee simply because of my hate for him. (I was young and stupid then.) It wasn't until Smash Wii U that I actually picked up Ganondorf, and even then it was by complete accident. I went to the bathroom while playing online and forgot to pick Little Mac, and it randomly picked Ganondorf. Imagine my surprise when playing with that sheer power was so satisfying. Ever since, I've done my best to main the G-Dorf.

:4littlemac: A severely underrated character that should have been in Smash since the very first game. Boxing is one of my favorite martial arts and to have Little Mac in the game is a wish long overdue. Easiest character to KO in the hands of a noob, but an absolute nightmare in the hands of a professional.

:4robinm: Finally, some good ol' Fire Emblem magic represented in Smash. I like how Robin plays, with the mix of blade and magic. His spells can lead to some great combos, and to spike your opponent with Robin's recovery... So satisfying.

KaneshiroIke

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kaneshiro_ike
3DS FC
5430-0011-4556
The satisfaction of juggling and pushing a character into the KO zone c;

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
:4link: When I first got Smash 64, I used :mario64: and after a little while started using Link and really enjoyed the bladed combat. Not to mention I became a huge Zelda fan early in life and as such used him for most of the smash bros games.

:4zss: Tried to use her in Brawl, but I just didn't like some of her moves back then. Felt too awkward for me, however when I watched her return trailer with all the changes they made, I decided that I would use her without hesitation. Her agility and crazy combos make her one of my favorite characters to play as.

:4lucina: I've used :4marth: in both melee and brawl, and in Smash 4 he felt the best for me(even though he got nerfed to oblivion). However, huge fan of awakening and even though I can get tippers consistently Lucina is reminiscent to how Link felt in the past and I like her a lot more than Marth(who I still like).

:4robinm: One of my all time favorite game characters, dream come true in Smash and love the smash attack aerials. Throwing your garbage at people is always hilarious, best representative for FE, solid design, and just overall a really fun character to play.

_SoRa_

Smash Cadet
:4sheik:: I love the way its played at high level, she is a difficult character to play because of the inputs and techs. My 2nd favorite game is Ocarina of time and I really liked her and she appearance, I feel this character fits me perfectly and I cant ask for more she also super good, also I love her combos and strings, speed, gameplay, style, personality and of course SHE-IK
:4bayonetta:: I played Bayonetta 2 and its my 3 favorite game of all, and I didn't thought she could make it to Smash 4, I wanted her so bad, she in its a like a dream come true. I'm not exactly sure about she is going to be played but i don't care, I will main her because I love her personality, how she looked in the trailer, game and of course because she is Bayo
:4zss:: I love Metroid Prime series and Zero Mission/Fusion as well, so I played her in Brawl and I loved her, Sammy means a lot for me back when I played the games with my sister, I also like her move set, personality,combos and strings, speed, gameplay, style and she is my waifu lol
:4shulk:: I met Shulk in Smash 4 and I loved it, I buy the game for Wii and it was amazing, it is by far my favorite game of all, the game the characters and everything. Shulk in Smash 4 is absolutely beautiful, I love his super difficult techs and imo she is the hardest character to master because of timing, techs, spacing and reads, this excites me a lot. I love his move-set and everything

I could write an essay but lol here is resumed, all of them are super fun to play as, so I only play those characters and of course Captain Falcon lol

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
:4roy::4roy::4roy:
See signature. :V
:4roy::4roy::4roy:

All jokes(?) aside, I just really like Koopas. lol

As for Robin, who occasionally jumps back up to main status (Interchangeable with Bowser some days.), Robin's play style just really appeals to me. All of her moves are actually really good, and if she was faster, I think she'd easily be top tier. Personally, I don't mind the speed, and I think her moves more than make up for it.

Last edited:

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
:4zss: I like having a Samus who doesn't feel completely low tier. I also like Metroid a lot, so that helps.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
:4lucas:: I love Mother 3. It's my favorite game ever made and Lucas is such an amazing character, both in the actual game and in smash. I adore characters that have a great aerial game / air mobility and Lucas just fits the bill as my main.

:4gaw:: The character I'd actually consider to be my real secondary, Mr. G-dubs just has this amazing air game to him. His movements and attacks are also extremely G&W-y, which is something I loved ever since Melee. heck, I remember creating a folder about the G&W History back when I was small while also loving the G&W Gallery series (especially advance)

:4wario2:: My favorite Nintendo character, next to Lucas. Again, a fighter with great air mobility and a lot of depth to him. Bike edge guards, fart-set-ups, fair walls make me love the character. ... Oh and chomp...chomp chomp chomp

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

:4ryu:: Not really a main or secondary, but I love his uniqueness and the feeling when you finally got the true shoryuken down to a T.
my friends kinda want me to main him, because they feel I can do pretty well with him, but I kinda wanna limit myself to only a handful of characters. Still love him a lot, though

:4bayonetta:: I am really excited about what she brings to the table. I played the original way back then on the PS3 and recently picked up the 2nd game, both of witch (hehe) have so much style and flair. Well, I consider myself a very fabulous person, so the dancing, stylish witch may be someone who I may wanna play

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4wario:: Wario is such an endearing character to me and I adore him. Even though I haven't played any of the Wario Land games besides Shake-It and Wario World (if it counts), I friggin' love the WarioWare series and Wario in other Mario spin-off titles. In Smash what molds with me most is his great aerial mobility, punish game, hilarious moveset: C'mon, eating people alive, running over them with a bike, and KOing opponents with a nuclear fart? Wario has no bounds! He probably has some of my favorite animations in the game too, particularly nair. Gotta love how he puffs himself up like a balloon.

:4myfriends:: I unfortunately haven't played either Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, but Ike in Smash has always appealed to me in terms of playstyle. I loved him as a kid in Brawl and still play him there in that game along with Project M. I play him as a secondary to Dedede since his playstyle reminds me of his in a way mostly due to his sword having such huge disjoint like Dedede's hammer, but his great shorthop game and having such great reward on hit in general is what makes me stick with him. He just has such satisfying, raw power. I also love his taunts and victory animations so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeavenStar

Smash Rookie
:4dk:
Fast, strong, sturdy, and very deadly with combos, but none of that is what I love most about DK. That would actually be that using him is, for me, a lesson in patience, dedication, and strategy. He's a lot harder to use than he lets on, but in the hands of an expert, he's a deadly force to be reckoned with, even by some top tier mains.

:4myfriends:
Slower and lighter but stronger and with longer range, Ike offers more or less the same lessons in patience and strategy that DK does. He also teaches me the value of reading the opponent's moves as well as your own. I also love the epic sounds his sword makes when he hits people with it.

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
:4mewtwo:: Pokemon has easily been the series I've played the longest, and I absolutely love Mewtwo as both a Pokemon and a character is his movie. I absolutely love love love the thought of telekinesis, psychic powers, etc. etc. and Mewtwo is the perfect embodiment of that! Last but not least, he's easily without a doubt the character I have the most fun with.

:4bowser:: After being introduced into the world of RPGs from Pokemon, I saw Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story on the shelves of a Target. I fell in love with it from the moment I saw the box art, and after begging my parents for several minutes, they got it for me. I loved how much character they put into Bowser when all I thought of him before was some giant turtle who couldn't even speak... boy, how wrong I was! Bowser's Inside Story is one of, if not my favorite video game of all time. It's hard to believe I've had the game for 7 whole years now!
...And I still haven't managed to beat Bowser X.

SuFiRo

Smash Rookie
NNID
UmRine
:4littlemac:
Mac was already one of my favorite game characters, and I suppose it's just sheer luck that I happened to fall in love with his playstyle, haha.
I've been playing him since day one and I have no intention of dropping him, even to a secondary. He's truly an underdog in Smash in every sense of the word, much like in his home franchise.
I believe in the right hands, Mac is capable of getting through anything, no matter the matchup or conditions.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
:4palutena: - Despite Palutena's supposed unviability, I absolutely fell in love with this character because of her play style. Believe it or not, Palutena has become one of my best and most favorite characters due to how fun she is to use in battle (even with customs off). Contrary to what the majority of people believe, Palutena isn't such a bad character; she isn't top tier or anything of course, but I independently taught myself how to use her and be successful in matchups I could handle. I was a big fan of Pit in Brawl, and when I heard she would make it into Smash 4 I was really excited. Palutena is appealing to me both aesthetically and gameplay-wise, and I couldn't think of maining anyone else.

:4sheik: - When I first got Smash 4, I had never played competitively at all. I had no idea what tier lists were, that people played in tournaments, or anything like that. My first main I picked up was Sheik, but I had no idea she was considered top tier. I trained relentlessly with her, and got to what I guess you could call decent. I was dismayed, however, to find she was top tier, mostly because it made me look like a user desperate for a win when I used her. It still makes me feel that way sometimes. I still use Sheik as a main, but I have become more drawn toward low tier characters over time.

(The following are other characters I use a lot)...

:4mario: - I started playing Super Mario Sunshine again a few weeks ago for some reason and once again fell in love with the game. It inspired me to start using Mario again and getting a bit better with him (just picked him up, so I have a lot of work to do). I've been playing Mario games for a long time now, and one of my favorite games of all time are the first two entries of the Paper Mario series.

:4duckhunt: - Chose him purely because I love dogs (who doesn't?), and his gimmicky moveset was interesting to me. I have trained and gotten quite good with him without using many unnecessary projectiles and not being campy. His projectiles really come in handy in a lot of different situations! I have never heard of him before he was announced, though...

:4yoshi: - Loved this guy my whole life, ever since I was a little little kid. I always played him in Melee and in other games like Mario Party, and watched a bunch of Super Mario World cartoons just to see Yoshi in them. When I was a child I was absolutely obsessed with this guy, and I guess I still like him a lot.

:4lucario: - I've always liked Lucario from Pokémon games, and his Smash play style is really cool to me. Although he does feel a bit "cheap" at times, like when I KO an opponent while they are at around 75%, he's super fun to use. I still haven't quite mastered him but I am looking forward to it.

:4jigglypuff: - I use her mostly because of her appearance in the anime. The way she'd put people to sleep and draw on their faces was just hilarious. Jigglypuff is hard to be successful with, but connecting various aerials and landing a Rest is oh-so satisfying. Jiggs is just so cute too; it's fun to beat people with such an innocent looking character.

:4peach: - Peach is really unique and is often underrated. Her turnips are super fun to use in battle, and pulling out an unexpected bomb or Mr. Saturn mid-game is the icing on the cake. She has been one of my favorites for a while in the way Yoshi has. Some of her combos are just plain crazy, too.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
:4feroy: is such a fun character to use and fight with. My favorite thing about him or at least my play is because I've studied For Glory habits so much and Roy's playstyle is based off of close range play it gives me the edge over most For Glory players. Getting low percentage kills with sweetspot FSmash at the ledge is so satisfying, and especially when I do the anti-For Glory tactic of walking forwards and FSmashing in the opposite direction to catch the easily read roll, it just gives me this feeling of satisfaction. I also have won a couple small and one large online tournament with him so that's something great.

:4megaman: is so easy to approach with for people who forget about the X / Y / Tap Jump button. I've had matches where I just Jab - FTilt the entire match until ultimately moving in for a kill move. The fact that the common quote "Walk towards them to approach" becomes easy for Mega Man because you can not only walk towards them with FTilt and shoot a projectile. Z-Dropped Metal
Blade over someone is a fun mixup as well as Glide-tossed / Jump-cancelled throw for anti-airs is satisfying. Mega Man is just fun to play, and while I haven't taken him into any tournaments, he still is a fun character.

Top Bottom