• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hope the Online Feature entails?

Zarcos

Smash Rookie
I really hope they add some sort of MMR system into the online competitive side. Making it easier to face players of similar skill. I really disliked how they handled it in Mario Tennis Aces with it being based off of total number of wins instead of gaining points toward your rating for beating better players. However, I am curious how all of this will affect overall competitive scene. Being that their are so many ways the competitive scene could go with regarding rules and stocks and time and etc. If the competitive section online doesn't reflect how actual tournaments are played, will that service even be that widely used?

Would also like to see players able to make online custom tournaments for obvious reasons, but I imagine that won't affect your overall rating or w/l ratio depending on what route Nintendo goes for comparing skill. Making it possibly harder to actually face good players online.

Last edited:

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Make For Glory better, perhaps just allow full stage list or part stage list with hazards off instead of Omega only.

Bring back and make World View from Spectator better. It's already awesome, just tweak it some more please.

Make Squad Strike both online solo and online team viable! Like, as a subset of For Glory, make For Glory Squad Strike 3v3. Then, take the 5v5 and make it available for "friends" perhaps so to make online crew battles much easier.

Online Tournaments please make a comeback

(They talked about it but it has yet to be assured) Please make Mii Fighters available for online play like in For Glory! I would like to take my Swordfighter online for some practice!

Perhaps also implement some things like Final Smash Meter, and Stage Morphing into online play, hopefully with both Friends and Anybody.

And yeah, better ranking system/match making system.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
- A complete Rank System for competitive gameplay.
- Possibility to create and play custom games/tournaments.
- Rotatory modes that can change every week or month to keep the game fresh and with new content.
- Tournaments.
- All modes that have couch coop/versus gameplay should also be possible to play online (including the possible campaign mode).

Just.... give options and do not limit the players.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
- Servers that aren't ****.
- Quick matchmaking for stock matches.
- A lobby system for when you want to play 1v1 with a group of more than two people. Literally every other fighter has it by now.

That's really it.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by this? I am curious.
Just some special mode like "everyone Mario", or "Double speed", or "dont jump". That changes every week. I think it fits. But of course that this is the less important.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Just some special mode like "everyone Mario", or "Double speed", or "dont jump". That changes every week. I think it fits. But of course that this is the less important.
That sort of stuff keeps the community active in Overwatch, and I love the rotating towers in Mortal Kombat X.

At that point it becomes a question of how long will Nintendo support and update it. Judging by Splatoon, I think it'd have a healthy lifespan.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
That sort of stuff keeps the community active in Overwatch, and I love the rotating towers in Mortal Kombat X.

At that point it becomes a question of how long will Nintendo support and update it. Judging by Splatoon, I think it'd have a healthy lifespan.
That and the Switch was a massive success unlike the Wii U.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I think online for smash is pretty straight forward. One thing I hope online includes for the switch though is the ability to fully link to other devices with screens and use them as 2nd screens to make games from nintendoland possible

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Imo, the better question is will Nintendo/Sakurai actually modernize the online functionality. We know how much they embrace local play, but they should keep up with the times and learn from other popular online titles. As mentioned, online-loving players do not want limitations. As far as I can tell, the Switch is more online-ready than the Wii U so its potential exists. Let's just hope it is enjoyable by everyone.

Last edited:

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
Make For Glory better, perhaps just allow full stage list or part stage list with hazards off instead of Omega only.

Bring back and make World View from Spectator better. It's already awesome, just tweak it some more please.

Make Squad Strike both online solo and online team viable! Like, as a subset of For Glory, make For Glory Squad Strike 3v3. Then, take the 5v5 and make it available for "friends" perhaps so to make online crew battles much easier.

Online Tournaments please make a comeback

(They talked about it but it has yet to be assured) Please make Mii Fighters available for online play like in For Glory! I would like to take my Swordfighter online for some practice!

Perhaps also implement some things like Final Smash Meter, and Stage Morphing into online play, hopefully with both Friends and Anybody.

And yeah, better ranking system/match making system.
Knowing Nintendo we'll get Battlefield and Omega versions only as For Glory and that's it.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but man, they should really look at the viable Smash 4 and Melee maps. I'd LOVE to play Pokemon Stadium 1, FoD and Smashville in Ultimate's online modes.

Also make sure one report doesn't make you suddenly be in "for glory hell" despite not doing anything wrong. I've only read about it, but saying "Didn't happen to me so I don't care" would be incredibly egoistic and it could also happen to me, so...Get rid of that, thanks a bunch.

Ghouls

Smash Rookie
Along with MMR or ELO stuff to make whatever For Glory equivalent we get more competitive I'd love to see some kind of equivalent to the online party mode that Arms had for a more casual online experience. For Fun is obviously garbage but if we got what Arms has, a small group of players put in a pool and shuffled into different combinations with varying rule sets (1v1s, 4 player, teams/free for all, items on/off etc.) I think that could make for a really fun online experience. As long as they didn't give it way too high probability of dumb minigames like Arms did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom