• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys think of this?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/threads/i-got-one-shotted-by-my-gordo.373326/#post-17781016 - Fellow says his Gordo was knocked back at him by a Ness opponent -- says that he was at 0% and the backlash killed him after he saw the iconic red lightning usually associated with a killing move before he died. Although Gordos can indeed be sent back to Dedede through proper timing, I theorise that this may have been partially influenced (KO at 0%) by Ness' unique bat mechanic as well.

What are your thoughts on this? Can anyone test this out to see if this can be replicated? Have there been any changes to Ness' F-Smash reflect mechanics in this instalment? Might be a glitch?

Last edited:

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
I believe @ Wiisnake Wiisnake is working on Bat mechanics right now. Perhaps he can shed some light.
I am going to be working on them, would love it if you would help me out though. I could use Somebody to give me projectiles to reflect.

mmkzer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0534-6178
It would be interesting to know if other Characters could do the same thing :0

Tikao

Smash Ace
every hitbox in this game reflects the gordo
and Ness' fsmash reflects them additionally, because it is a projectile

projectiles that got reflected by Ness' fsmash are 2.0 times as fast and deal 2.0 times the damage in this game
if it deals double the damage, then it also knocks them back twice as much due to how knockback gets calculated

now, the hitbox of Ness' fsmash (the one that deals damage and reflects the gordo) does NOT reflect projectiles, there is an additional reflection hitbox tied to that move, that comes out at the exact same time as the damage hitbox, but is still a seperate hitbox, that only reflects

Case 1 : so if you hit the gordo with an fsmash, it gets hit by both the damage and the reflection hitbox and this might stack if it kills that early

Case 2 : i also feel like the damage and knockback, or just the knockback alone, depend on how fast the gordo hits ddd
so if you hit it with a jab, then it does less damage+knockback or knockback then with a bowser fsmash

if that is the case, then Ness' reflection actually multiplies the original knockback by 4.0 ( 2.0 damage part, 2.0 speed part)

Both Cases could be true, but even if only one of them applies to this, then it should instantly kill ddd
since the gordo dealt 85% to ddd, it is safe to assume that atleast one of both Cases is correct

Tikao out

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Most attacks reflect the gordo actually.
Yeah, but what I meant was more like what Tikao discussed, where there's additional knock-back due to Ness' bat mechanics. I believe this is the case because a reflected Gordo doesn't seem to hurt near as much when other attacks reflect it, it really seems to be an extreme when Ness' F-Smash reflects it.

Vukasa

Smash Rookie
My friend and I were able to replicate it. You just need to sweet spot the Gordo on the tip of the bat. add the h ttp://makeagif.com/i/qm4nZv It doe 85% and then hits with some amount of multiplicative knockback. Due to Dedede's weight+fall speed, I believe he is also the hardest to kill of the top, thx to someone on this boards experiments with rest.

Last edited:

Meccs

@Meccs_
Reflecting Gordos with Fair is fun mostly because the DeDeDes dont expect it.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but what I meant was more like what Tikao discussed, where there's additional knock-back due to Ness' bat mechanics. I believe this is the case because a reflected Gordo doesn't seem to hurt near as much when other attacks reflect it, it really seems to be an extreme when Ness' F-Smash reflects it.
Well he mentioned D3 might have also hit the Gordo with an Fsmash as well. So the reflect had to have doubled that damage.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Lesson learned: don't ever have gordo try to **** ness' day up.

Also, this sounds ****ing terrifying for teams.

Last edited:

Tikao

Smash Ace
Well he mentioned D3 might have also hit the Gordo with an Fsmash as well. So the reflect had to have doubled that damage.
nope i was only talking about Ness' fsmash
ddd has nothing to do with this, apart from actually thrwoing the gordo

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
nope i was only talking about Ness' fsmash
ddd has nothing to do with this, apart from actually thrwoing the gordo
Okay then. this might be useful, however it sounds situational.

Top Bottom