• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys think of my Meta Knight?

Master Raven

Smash Master
http://www.vimeo.com/1026231
http://vimeo.com/1027707

I am very, very sorry for the terrible quality in the first video :(. My mom's using the TV right now so I had to record this on my crappy small TV, as you can see. I'll post future videos on the living room TV. I almost forgot to mention that I also don't have a video card, which is why I have to use a digicam. At one point you'll noticed the camera gets a bit wobbly a couple times in the video: that's because I had to readjust my arm at one point since it was hurting, and the next time it happened was when I went to close the door in my room because I didn't want anyone outside clouding the room with noise.

I know the Ike player wasn't anything special, but I just want a critique on my general style. Any comments like "U SUK ***GOT" will be completely ignored. ;)

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
hokay... this is a really tough one

the match seemed pretty slow and all over the place,
First off, the ike was TERRIBLE
Now for you

You seemed to throw a little of everything in there, and your edgehogging was prety decent
it seemed to me like you know what your doing, i think you whould really work on your aerial game, and to not use your neutral a so much, other than that i dont' really know, i couldn't see what was happeinging most of the time, maybe its just me

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'll post videos of better players next time. I guess posting that Ike one wasn't a good idea.

Gargleman

Smash Rookie
Raven, I have some footage of our matches last night. I know I'm pretty terrible but send me a pm if you want it.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Hello Gargle. I hope I didn't offend you from saying your Ike wasn't really good :| I don't even think you main him anyway, right?

I'll post more videos today in non-****ty quality later today.

Gargleman

Smash Rookie
That wasn't me playing as Ike lol. I was the meta-knight who played you like 5 bajillion times last night, remember?

Master Raven

Smash Master
Oh XD I thought you were the Ike player since you posted in here and I must've been thinking of the wrong guy then. My bad. I'd gladly like for you to post me your videos, and for the record, you may not be the best MK player, but I think you have potential. ;)

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
This isnt a chat room Master Raven, don't double post and you don't have to say things like "I'll be back in a couple hours."

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
You need to stay a little more defencive, and you aren't making use of mk's fair/bair...and all areals
smashes are ONLY for knockback! not that you have a problem...
all of mk's attacks (and throws) do 9-12 damage!!! That is REALLY weird...
lol...that it...try whatching gimpy's...

Master Raven

Smash Master
Oh trust me, I use all his air attacks at the right oppurtunities. I used to Meta's smashes (particularly Dsmash) for mostly clearing space but only recently have I begun to save 'em for KOs. It's only his Usmash which I use freely, mainly for combos.

Defense is DEFINITELY something I need to work on though, which is probably one of the reasons why I'm horrible against Snake players.

Well, I'm going to record some more videos to post once I'm done with some Brawls. I promise no ****ty Ike players this time. :chuckle:

Master Raven

Smash Master
Alright, new vid!

http://vimeo.com/1027707

There are a couple things I feel I need to work on: 1) My general sense of control. Often time I feel rather sloppy when handling Meta Knight in certain situations, and usually will end up perfoming a move I didn't want to use. Sometimes the online lag makes it horribly worse. 2) My defense. I tend to play a pretty aggressive style, and I often forget the importance of this little thing called spacing. :|

Also, pardon the Devil May Cry music. I'm in a big mood for that series recently so I couldn't help myself, and I've always liked mixing songs and soundtracks with other games.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
sloppy is a good description, but right now it doesn't seem to hurt you, when you play against people who are as good or better than you, you are really gonna have to tighten up your game, other than that its really hard to tell you what to do, there are different things you could have done here and there, but what you did worked on that sub par fox,

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yeah, 'spoe I really ought to post videos of some of the much better players I've fought. I'll post more videos later today once I decide which ones I feel are good enough to watch (and yes, I'll post ones of me losing if they're exciting :p).

... Or better yet, how about I fight some of you guys? I think that'd be the best way for a personal critique as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom