• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you call it when...

Mythol

Smash Cadet
you spike an opponent holding on to the edge using pits dtilt? It only works when people spend too much time on the edge but oh well. I think I've seen posts about it on here but I can't seem to find the thread. It only works on certain characters (big headed ones are the only ones I've noticed so far :p) Uhh thanks for the help.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
I call it mowing the lawn but I do not know what other people cal it. This can also be done with Link, Ike, and Toon Link. For some reason it also works with Marth's up smash. Go figure.

kupo15

Smash Hero
it is just called a spike. But this should have been asked in "Ask a simple question, get a simple answer" thread below. ^_^

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I did that yesterday when I fought Sir Lucario while doing dittos. Man, I'd always get him down to one stock, but he'd win!

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I think mowing the lawn is a great name for it any1 against it?..... Thats what it should be called. But ya kupo is right just so you know for the future post little questions like this in the "ask a simple get a simple" thread.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea it should be easier to see the thread since I requested a sticky

And Links move is called grass cutter. I like that a bit more but w/e ^_^

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
lets call it throat slitter lol. Not sure if the request will help I asked mods to close that "Why" thread because Rhy asked for it before spam happened and that didn't work. And even Undr who has more pull then either of us asked a few before his got stickied.

kupo15

Smash Hero
well i asked how to get something stickied and explained the situation. I asked a mod to close the "arrows can charge" thread and it worked. we will see

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Then also ask for the Pit video thread to die as it is 4 months old and if we want a vid thread will can make 1 with a real pit player in charge.

BTW who did you ask that did it?

kupo15

Smash Hero
very true, those vids are crap compared to the pits these days. No At's back then.

I asked samuripanda

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya he wasn't on when I asked so i went to some1 else I forget who but what ever.

Its not a stage spike if Pit hits you with his d tilt and you are touching his feet with your head or somthing it will send you strait down. It's a very hard spike to do but its a very hard spike even at low %.

Top Bottom