• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do we name the White Guy?

White Shy Guy name?

• George

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guy

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Phil

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Roger

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Richard

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Gus

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
Naming the Smaahville balloon is dumb.

Let's name something alive.

An argument could be made that naming is pointless because, if I'm not wrong, he just tells when Randy is coming, but I think we should name him.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Naming the Smaahville balloon is dumb.

Let's name something alive.

An argument could be made that naming is pointless because, if I'm not wrong, he just tells when Randy is coming, but I think we should name him.
Yes, naming the Smashville balloon is dumb as it is not alive.

No, the thing on Yoshi's Island that pops up to save you is NOT named Randy (Though I have heard people call him Stanley before). That is the cloud on Yoshi's Story.

You may now carry on as before.

EDIT: The thing on Yoshi's Island does not have a definite name. Some call it Randy, I call in Stanley, and others call it by other names.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
If I see a thread like this one more time, I'm reporting it.

I hate sounding like a party pooper, but no one gives a ****. Stop trying to force the next "Randall" and name it whatever you want.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I have an idea. Let a name come to him naturally so we don't force something that people will end up disliking.

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
Yes, naming the Smashville balloon is dumb as it is not alive.

No, the thing on Yoshi's Island that pops up to save you is NOT named Randy (Though I have heard people call him Stanley before). That is the cloud on Yoshi's Story.

You may now carry on as before.
Yoshi's story cloud is Randall

Yoshi's Island cloud is Randy

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
let's name him jesus. because he's white and saves

:troll:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Yoshi's story cloud is Randall

Yoshi's Island cloud is Randy
Excuse me as I go face palm repeatedly until my hand bleeds. It's been a long, college class filled week. Forgive my inability to read and comprehend.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
If I see a thread like this one more time, I'm reporting it.

I hate sounding like a party pooper, but no one gives a ****. Stop trying to force the next "Randall" and name it whatever you want.
It's not really disrupting anything, and it's not like the board is flooded with these topics. I don't see the problem in having some fun with it.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Randall's name is non-canon and was coined by a Smash player. I don't see what's wrong with coming up with our own names, so long as they're not completely random (not sure how we came to agree on Randall's, but I'm sure there had to be some sort of a sensible back-story lol)

In the game Yoshi's Story, Shy Guys often vocalized their Japanese name Heihō (not sure how that's pronounce lol). In Japanese, 'White Shy Guy' is Shiro Heihō, with Shiro presumably meaning white. "Whitey" and the like seem like they could lead to some weird racial tensions down the line, and might draw some misunderstood criticism from outside of the community. Why not go with Shiro, or some play on Shiro Heihō? Shiro even sounds like Shy. Maybe Shiro-Guy? Shiro-hō? (at the end of the day, it's all about how fun it is to say - "SHIROHO...PLEEASE SHIROH- WAIT- SHIROHO NOO" lolol) If we are gonna make actual threads for nameless characters like this, why not be smarter/more creative about the names we pick from instead of picking from random plain-sounding English names or basing it off of Randall again?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i thought this was stupid when i clicked it but now i actually really like the idea of calling him roger. seen too many war movies i guess lol

Top Bottom