• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do i follow with off the edge and up?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i don't know what attacks i should be chasing with off the sides of the stage or when i hit them upwards.

please help

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
hrmmm if they are too high for you to hit with a fair, then maybe you should turn into zelda and follow up with dins
so i should avoid uair then?

i know basically nothing about sheik since melee... in fact, back when i PLAYED sheik in melee (before switching to zelda), i was terrible at smash...

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well the uair does a good amount of knock back and damage and even though it does lacks in priority it makes up with the range it has.

Personally, I never hesitate to chase my opponent with a uair unless they are extremely high up then I usually start charge my needles or do fake out tactics like jumping toward then a bit to make them air dodge and then follow with a attack or even to ^B toward them.

You can also change to Zelda like imdavid recommend but that’s only a good idea if they have around 100 or more damage.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Transform into Meta Sheik and uair them a couple more times with your five jumps.

Or just stay under them and try hard to not let them land on the ground again, like punishing airdodges with an upsmash or something.

Squidster

Smash Ace
No point in not using Uair. sheik is awesome because you don't need to save any moves for the kill since thats what down b is for if they aren't dead by 110%.

Sometimes you can turn to zelda at like 90% or so and fire off a dins fire to put them into kill %.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
No point in not using Uair. sheik is awesome because you don't need to save any moves for the kill since thats what down b is for if they aren't dead by 110%.

Sometimes you can turn to zelda at like 90% or so and fire off a dins fire to put them into kill %.
lol...

well, all my sheik kills are with usmash or sideb ledgehogging.

Squidster

Smash Ace
All my sheik kills are with Usmash or edgeguarding.

However most of my kills are zelda kills.... Sometimes i switch to zelda for a whole stock, good to have both.

demodemo

Smash Ace
most of my kills are with fair...

usmash is really good, and i know how to sweet spot with it, but i find fair off the stage is so much more reliable, and much more fun to do.

sheik is all about the edge game. sakurai tweaked the chain and her needles for her edge game, but i believe her character build as a whole is an excellent edge demon.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Agreed... but any decent player can prevent an edgeguard. Sheik will still get lots of kills at the edge, but basing your game around landing that Fair is only going to lead to you finding your opponent sitting at 140% bouncing from corner to corner.

Zelda is fantastic in those situations.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Agreed... but any decent player can prevent an edgeguard. Sheik will still get lots of kills at the edge, but basing your game around landing that Fair is only going to lead to you finding your opponent sitting at 140% bouncing from corner to corner.

Zelda is fantastic in those situations.
zelda's utilt FTW (i'm a zelda main more than sheik)

demodemo

Smash Ace
but basing your game around landing that Fair is only going to lead to you finding your opponent sitting at 140% bouncing from corner to corner.
Hmm, but if you manage to land more than 2 fairs in the same direction, your opponent will most likely be at the edge trying to recover. Bouncing from corner to corner is only possible if you hit them in those directions @_@

Even a fully worn down fair will ALWAYS have knockback, (at that percentage, 120+) but more importantly, in the same direction. It is real easy to use, sort of like marth's fair without the epic knockback and range.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Off the top: You can attempt to chase with an Uair, but your opponent will usually airdodge. However, Sheik falls a lot faster than most characters, so if they airdodge, you can get below them, maybe even to the ground, and punish with an uptilt or upsmash. Alternately, if you usually chase with Uair, try jumping up at them and Nairing. The different timing might throw them off, and it can catch them out of an airdodge.

Off the side: My favorite strategy is to Fair, Double-jump, and Nair. If you can catch them with the strong-hit nair off the edge, it's usually a kill. Back Airs also work nicely, as they have a huge range and always knock horizontally away.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
I'm no pro, but I suggest a U-Air. Even if they Air Dodge, you can follow with two styles of play. If you two are levelled, you can just F/B-Air them, OR... you can just Fast-Fall torward the ground and U/D-Smash them.

Top Bottom