• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do all these terms mean?

massgravity

Smash Rookie
1) U-Smash
2) F-Smash*
3) D-Smash*
4) D-air**
5) N-air**
6) D-tilt*
7) F-tilt*

I was reading through t0mmy's guide and kept coming across terms such as these that have all these U's, F's, D's, air's, tilts, etc. I read about the usefulness of each of them, but have never learned what they mean exactly and how to do them.

Any help here? Thanks.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
You should go to the melee board and read the stickied guide to all terms.

U= Up
F= Forward
D= Down
B=Back
N=Neutral

Combine these with "smash" to get the three smash attack (usmash, dsmash, fsmash), and with "air" (which stands for air attack, so your a moves in the air) to get the five aerials uair, fair, dair, bair, and nair.

Tilts are when you lightly move the stick to the side, down, or up and press A. These will do a stronger attack than just A on the ground, but not as strong as a smash attack. As with smashes, there are three tilts: ftilt (forward tilt), dtilt (down tilt), and utilt (up tilt).

If you press A on the ground without moving the stick, it is called a jab, because most characters do just that: they quickly jab at their opponent.

Top Bottom