• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What DLC Customs would you give Mario?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Sakurai once stated that he considered putting in a fourth set of custom moves for characters. This translates to me as "Could be DLC... ;)"

So with that in mind, which customs would you give Mario? Please try not to give him anything OP. :p

Here's my list:

B Custom 4: Superballs (Real name in Super Mario Land)

Anyone that's played Super Mario Land recognizes this powerup that was the fire ball of that game.
In Smash, it would probably have the same damage properties as the standard fireball, but like in SML, the balls would bounce at the same angle they were thrown, bouncing off any solid, non-enemy surface. I think this move would give more knockback than the standard fireballs due to being larger and harder to aim, since they bounce at very sharp angles.

<B> Custom 4: Glide Cape

When I heard that Brawl had gliding, I was almost certain that Mario would be able to glide with his cape since that was how it worked originally. This was not the case. And in Smash 4, gliding was removed completely. But no where does it say that gliding cannot be made into a Special Move. This move would sacrifice the standard cape's high utility for great horizontal recovery. Here's how it might work. On the ground, it would just be a weak forward lunge, do minimal damage (2-3%), but tripping the opponent. In the air, however, Mario's cape would stop all momentum as always, but then goes into a smooth glide. The glide itself will do no damage, but when you press the analogue stick down, Mario will do a nosedive just like in Super Mario World. The nosedive will be a powerful attack due to being hard to land, easy to dodge, and have plenty of landing lag to punish. The nosedive would do about 20% if landed on an opponent. It would also create a medium sized shockwave (just like in SMW), causing 1% damage to the opponent, tripping, and set knockback.

B^ Custom 4: Raccoon Mario

This move would have the same vertical and horizontal lift of the standard B^, but instead of having a hitbox at the fist, this move would create a strong windbox behind Mario, and if Mario's tail hits an opponent, it sends them straight down. This move would best be used to recover after edgeguarding, as it would make it even harder for the opponent to recover.

Bv Custom 4: Mario Tornado

Same as Melee. :p Just because it would please people and still be a good move.

Last edited:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
All of these seem great. I'd LOVE to have cape gliding to give mario a less predictable recovery. Nice list.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Thank you, Seal. :)
I also just came up with another Custom Bv as a variation to the F.L.U.D.D.:
Slip F.L.U.D.D.
Mario's F.L.U.D.D. would shoot onto the ground, creating a small puddle that trips opponents. The puddle disappears after a while. This can be compared to Diddy's Banana. The pros are that it would last longer and can't be picked up by enemies (though it can be reflected and used against you). And the con is that it can't be used as a throwing weapon.

Top Bottom