• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What did I do wrong? New samus video.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian how do you do against your austin comrades like jesusfreak, xelic, etc.

Xelic almost always beats me, JF and I go even sometimes, and sometimes I beat him almost every match, but only recently...uhh...STQ and I have awesomely fun matchs to watch because we are both running around everywhere XD.

Why do you ask?

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
You don't know anything about me, you don't know me, so leave me alone. I just have fun on the internet and I'm not usually serious. You have never met me in person. Stop stalking me.

Also: I am not pro level, so of course I will lose to pros. I AM getting there however, and have been improving rapidly recently so I don't see anything wrong about the fact that I am excited that I am getting better and doing well against really good players pretty consistently. I never down-talked austin or said that I was better then him, I definitely think he is a better player then me, and much more constant. I was just surprised he did so well against my samus in the crew match, because he usually doesn't. He just played much better then me though and I lost because he understands how I play samus very well. And he is better in general then me.
he is a different person in real life thats true, even if he shows other thing here, maybe thats his way of being on the forums, idk:chuckle: but he is cool in real life....
...also r u improving rapidly with fox or with samus? i dont have any good samus to play here in the valley...except for keith(you are too good keith ^.^) ill want to play you soon again.

mmm about the match, ugh ^.^' you did bad, very bad,
usually when i play against marth i try to stay all time on the ground, i try to be always on the defensive, waiting for him to jump so there i can up-air, i crouch cancel alot and wait for him to miss a spacing so i can down-a and from there combo, and i get always on the offensive when he is outside of the stage...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
he is a different person in real life thats true, even if he shows other thing here, maybe thats his way of being on the forums, idk:chuckle: but he is cool in real life....
...also r u improving rapidly with fox or with samus? i dont have any good samus to play here in the valley...except for keith(you are too good keith ^.^) ill want to play you soon again.

mmm about the match, ugh ^.^' you did bad, very bad,
usually when i play against marth i try to stay all time on the ground, i try to be always on the defensive, waiting for him to jump so there i can up-air, i crouch cancel alot and wait for him to miss a spacing so i can down-a and from there combo, and i get always on the offensive when he is outside of the stage...
Haha <3 majoras :).

SaveTheQueen

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd say. I love everyone, stop the hate please! No dissing or insulting other people. I love all my smash friends to much to let them fight even one's I dont know anyone in the smash community I treat them equally till I meat them in person. With that said I love everyone good night, Hylian Just fyi sometimes when you post things on the boards seems arrogant and outrageous and insulting, I suggest getting a dictionary I should follow my own advice though my spelling sucks lol, so if you say something about me to them they could take it the wrong way or whatever. *wasnt an insult just wanna keep the hate off*. I'm gonna try and stay out of all the hate... lol leave me out of it. LMFAO I spelt meet wrong, anyway talk to yall later have a good night!

STQ-

orintemple

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd say. I love everyone, stop the hate please! No dissing or insulting other people. I love all my smash friends to much to let them fight even one's I dont know anyone in the smash community I treat them equally till I meat them in person. With that said I love everyone good night, Hylian Just fyi sometimes when you post things on the boards seems arrogant and outrageous and insulting, I suggest getting a dictionary I should follow my own advice though my spelling sucks lol, so if you say something about me to them they could take it the wrong way or whatever. *wasnt an insult just wanna keep the hate off*. I'm gonna try and stay out of all the hate... lol leave me out of it. LMFAO I spelt meet wrong, anyway talk to yall later have a good night!

STQ-
Lol he spelled stuff wrong but instead of editing the post he tells us XD Anyway I agree with him, sometimes people on this and all forums need to calm the **** down.

In regards to the match, I agree with everyone that you had

1. poor spacing, which I think that was caused partially by the nerves.
2.tried to be too fancy with tricks(not that bad though)
3.went on platforms, just stay away from them completely(in important matches) until you become godly enough to use Samus' platform game well.

Basically Hugs posted in this soooo... Just listen to him, he is right.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Aight I thought I\'d throw 2 cents into this thread so here we go:
Shield more? I guess you cant really change your style though, so this is kind of irrelavent. Just that I noticed that a lot of the time you tried to be the aggressor and it ended up with a Fsmash in the head or something. Marth is fu.ckin rigged as hell so I usually just wavedash out of shield a lot; better to get grabbed than tipped after all. Throw the boot out there more often, it\'s tooooo good, but you know that :_). After you dodge you usually immediately do a Smashmove or tilt, if you waited or wavedashed or UpB\'d or something that would probably help out more, Im sure people expect an attack after most people\'s dodges, so mix it up maybe? Take advantage of him spamming his Fsmash with wavedash out of shield + your own smash. When you got the advantage dont give it up; sometimes you hit the Marth then run away to spam more missles when you could probably just Nair him right off the level or something. I dont like that air dodging back onto the level thing you do, it\'s predictable if your opponent is patient and plus you did it pretty often makin it really predictable. You should grab once in a while. When that Marth is all up in your grill, you should UpB instead of dodge + smash.
All this **** is out of order because I watched the match about 3 times. I aint as good as you so I guess you dont gotta take this to heart or w/e lol. Hope I helped a little bit though o.O. Peace.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, I really could of shielded more....Thanks :).

I will try and get a set up with a marth or maybe STQ again :). See if I do any better.

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Aight I thought I\'d throw 2 cents into this thread so here we go:
Shield more? I guess you cant really change your style though, so this is kind of irrelavent.
No, you totally can change your style.

It's called getting better.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I have troubles facing marths also. The best way to defeat them is try to guess what they're going to do next. I played marth to learn all of his tricks and playstyles. I learned what marths have trouble fighting against. Then when I face marth users, I try to anticipate what they're trying to do by playing defensively. Never play offensively on the first stock. That's what marth users want you to do. They will chase after you and try to land their hits. This should be enough to learn how they approach. Counter accordingly. If you can be the first one to take their stock, that's already enough mental stress to throw your opponent off. Good luck!

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Well, getting better and changing your style are different things.. You can change your style and become worse for all you know.. I know what your gettin at though, so I wont argue..
Yeah, and I know what you mean, and I knew the way I worded it would be weird, so there's not much else to say lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think I will get a set online with STQ on sunday. Well...it will be recorded then at least...Should be online within a week :).

Corigames

Smash Hero
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

And, by then maybe, we will have critics!

*snicker* Ones who will slowly dominate the world *laugh*

AIDS

Smash Lord
wow man your samus is actually pretty solid for spacing and stuff, lol ur like me with the platforms though lol waveland missle, or waveland shuffl Uair Dsmash, but yeah your issue was totally spacing, nice job by falco though lol, very nice

i find good marths dont side step dodge a lot cause mostly they will get punished so i like to lay down sheild presure and get grabs, and do throw combo's, lol it feels bad to be grabed by samus!

Top Bottom