• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Dedede needs in the next balance patch. Discussion

_AutoPilot_

Smash Rookie
Actual Cannibal Shia LeBeouf's Sex Dungeon
It is safe to say that King Dedede's Waddle Toss is just fine the way it is. Performing side-B is not something one should necessarily use to wall out opponents.
With that being said, the only change I would find interesting would be if the Waddle-Dees performed their little kicks and face-plants more intelligently. What I mean is that the Waddle-Dees would attack when there is an opponent within their range. I find it not only incredibly hilarious but also useful when a Waddle-Dee surprises the enemy by attacking. It almost always catches opponents off-guard because they never expect it. Although having the Waddle-Dees attack more predictably would eliminate some of the surprise, it would provide Dedede with that small upper hand I think we are all looking for from him.

-To be a little more specific,
1: The Waddle-Doo's were explicitly left out of the aforementioned mechanic as I find that their beam would yield too great an advantage if it could intelligently catch opponents. Waddle-Doo beam's often give Dedede a free grab if the player is close enough.
2: Waddle-Dees should maintain their current way of the Samurai, (whose only direction is Forward.) If they could about-face, it would be too much. (They should either be able to turn at ledges or dive attack off all the time.)
3: They would attack intelligently, but wouldn't commence the attack in rapid succession. Their current "cooldown" after performing an attack would carry over, but they would not "whiff" an attack. Meaning they would attack, and before they could commence another, they must move along and wait for the cooldown to expire, then, IF an opponent presents itself, they would attack.
(Forgive me if some Smashboard's etiquette has been breached, as this is my first post ever on the site.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom