• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What counter's metaknight?

Snover

Smash Rookie
Seriously what counters Meta Knight? And I don't mean who, I mean what. His aerial game is lock down, his recovery is very good, his specials are pretty high damaging, his air's are VERY good, and he's REALLY, REALLY FAST! What has Meta Knight begging for mercy, what is the kryptonite of this batman. What is it?

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
Projectiles, crouch canceling, chain grabs, fast faller so can be comboed easier

There's probably more but I can't be bothered to remember them right now

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
He is killed at extremely low percents in all directions. He also has a fairly large amount of hitstun, so can be comboed very easily. try to get more grabs on him, most characters have kill setups from grabs in pm.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
The only way I feel NAir is beatable is to out range it.

Then again, I haven't played in such a long time, so I could be wrong.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
So how do you deal with his Nair? I can't find anything on that...
You want to out range it or punish it when he lands, kinda like in the Fox vs Marth Matchup you want Fox to approach you and you just dash dance grab or pivot grab his nair,dair, etc.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Range really hurts MK and CCers
Totally disagree. Range is possibly one of Metaknight's best assets, as he does have the second largest sword/slashes compared to other swordsman characters (First being Ike) And second, It's almost impossible to CC Metaknight. Almost all of his moves will pop you up. The only moves in which you can try to CC is a late Nair or a Fair at lower percents. And possibly an F-tilt that has been purposely delayed, or his jab at very low percents. Beyond that, I really wouldn't recommend to ever CC Metaknight, especially considering his CC game is insane as well.

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Totally disagree. Range is possibly one of Metaknight's best assets, as he does have the second largest sword/slashes compared to other swordsman characters (First being Ike) And second, It's almost impossible to CC Metaknight. Almost all of his moves will pop you up. The only moves in which you can try to CC is a late Nair or a Fair at lower percents. And possibly an F-tilt that has been purposely delayed, or his jab at very low percents. Beyond that, I really wouldn't recommend to ever CC Metaknight, especially considering his CC game is insane as well.
...What? You can easily CC MK.
They mean range as in out of your range and they still hit you, i.e. Samus and Link.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
You have never played against anyone good, sorry but Metaknights Dair is highly crouch cancel-able all you have to do to beat that move's purpose is CC and shield Wave dash OoS and reset to neutral. Fair is CC-able till 50% ish, Bowers can CC MK's Nair at 62% ish. MK is not a character that is safe against Crouch Cancel thinking can choose to do unsafe approaches just because is terribly idiotic please don't say such bold things about Metaknight ever again. I'm so tried of people stating such far fetched ideas about characters when they use uneducated reasoning/matchup knowledge.

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
dont forget that its not hard for meta knight to just start grabbing once you CC too much. his speed and grab range give him a pretty damn good JC slide. He is more susceptible to it than projectile/multi hit approach option type characters, but i wouldnt call it a gaping weakness.

the biggest counter to MK is a good noggin.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
dont forget that its not hard for meta knight to just start grabbing once you CC too much. his speed and grab range give him a pretty damn good JC slide. He is more susceptible to it than projectile/multi hit approach option type characters, but i wouldnt call it a gaping weakness.

Metaknight can only fight projectiles with his dash attack, all of his hitboxes except dash attack clank with projectiles. Power shielding is the most useful way to fight projectiles

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Any character who can punish his landing well without having to commit too hard. Once he gets in the air, dash dancing right outside the range of his FF Fair forces him into a bad option, and a fast character like Fox or Marth can usually react to where he lands and punish him with a grab (Marth has a ridiculous grab game on MK) as long as you don't let a random Dair catch you by surprise. Characters with at least semi-reliable kill setups tend to do well vs. him as well, since a lot of playing against MK is trying to get the kill as he can easily recover from almost any situation bar a spike.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Totally disagree. Range is possibly one of Metaknight's best assets, as he does have the second largest sword/slashes compared to other swordsman characters (First being Ike) And second, It's almost impossible to CC Metaknight..
Besides people pointing out your CC point, second largest sword slashes? What?
I thought Dash grab is superior to his JC grab, he barely slides anywhere where as he does with dash grab.

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
Metaknight can only fight projectiles with his dash attack, all of his hitboxes except dash attack clank with projectiles. Power shielding is the most useful way to fight projectiles
i didnt say anything about fighting projectiles in my post.. it was entirely about CCing. i was saying that characters with projectiles have an easier time generally weeding out CCs, whereas MK has none.

Besides people pointing out your CC point, second largest sword slashes? What?

I thought Dash grab is superior to his JC grab, he barely slides anywhere where as he does with dash grab.
it might give him a tad more range, but it gives much more endlag. i mean regardless of what kind of grab you do, its going to beat a CC. you could argue the ins and outs of which grab is less risky or more rewarding but that wasnt really what I was trying to do.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
i didnt say anything about fighting projectiles in my post.. it was entirely about CCing. i was saying that characters with projectiles have an easier time generally weeding out CCs, whereas MK has none.

it might give him a tad more range, but it gives much more endlag. i mean regardless of what kind of grab you do, its going to beat a CC. you could argue the ins and outs of which grab is less risky or more rewarding but that wasnt really what I was trying to do.
dont think i meant to quote u

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Projectile's, grabs, and out-ranging him in the air.

:zerosuitsamus:woop!:zerosuitsamus:

Top Bottom