• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What could the bottom screen be?

Slep

Smash Rookie
The top screen will obviously show the battle in its traditional camera view, but what about the bottom screen?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
All of the above! I expect something similar to KIU.

thebaum64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebaum64
That is boring. Probably true though. Maybe the stocks and damage counters would be on the same screen to make it not such a waste of space.
I would bet this is the case. Saves room on top screen for action, Wii leave the damage and stock counts at bottom :)

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Pppphttttt :p. I don't know about you guys but I'm going to use my bottom screen for controls eh!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd imagine the bottom screen during gameplay would show the stage's whole Layout (Like the Fixed Camera mode in previous installments) as well as showing all the character icons and their damage percentage, stocks and everything. Oh and as well as the timer if it's on.

At least that's what I'd personally like to see... :/

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I can easily see the character select screen being touch responsive and the upper screen show the characters in their full 3D model.

It'll definitely be handy for the stage builder too.

thebaum64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebaum64
I can easily see the character select screen being touch responsive and the upper screen show the characters in their full 3D model.

It'll definitely be handy for tge and stock coune stage builder too.
ya, then during battle it would show the damage and stock count. :)

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
could possibly use it as an extra "button" of sorts? I mean, you can't exactly get precision when you're gonna likely just be jamming your thumb on it while still trying to hold it with both hands, so it could just be a general "hit anywhere on the screen to do an extra thing"

Morbi

Scavenger

It'll definitely be handy for the stage builder too.
Assuming it returns, I can imagine that it will be used for things like the Stage Builder and perhaps Music customization. Maybe even something in regards to examining trophies.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
the same could go for the gamepad screen. even if not in use it could do something.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Assuming it returns, I can imagine that it will be used for things like the Stage Builder and perhaps Music customization. Maybe even something in regards to examining trophies.
This. Viewing trophies (called Idols) on the bottom screen was done in Kid Icarus so it's already possible. I think it's safe to say that anything done in the menu will be done on the bottom screen.

I'd imagine the bottom screen during gameplay would show the stage's whole Layout (Like the Fixed Camera mode in previous installments) as well as showing all the character icons and their damage percentage, stocks and everything. Oh and as well as the timer if it's on.

At least that's what I'd personally like to see... :/
Sounds like a neat idea, but in execution it might just ruin the game's performance since I think that would require upscaling the resolution.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
you could always use the game-pad as your screen though.
im sure there will be off tv play, but when you have 4 people using wii u pro controllers, is the gamepad off? will there be 5 players? will the gamepad be on a stand displaying stats? will it be used for special modes?

gosh i want this game to come out soon.

thebaum64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebaum64
im sure there will be off tv play, but when you have 4 people using wii u pro controllers, is the gamepad off? will there be 5 players? will the gamepad be on a stand displaying stats? will it be used for special modes?

gosh i want this game to come out soon.
5 players would be sick :D

Less

Smash Cadet
Definitely, as everyone said, the stocks and damage. I would like to specify though that since the game is built around the idea of everyone playing time matches, the timer will likely be rather large in the bottom portion of the screen I would assume so that you always are aware of how much time you have left.

Top Bottom