• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What costume of Ganondorf do you use.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Simple thread to get some activity going here.

Me;
Melee - Purple.
Brawl - Oldmandorf.
Doubles - Red, please.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Green.

But I *would like* to have a Sir Crocodile-skin for mah Ganon.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
^ That can be arranged. :]

I use blue and red 'Dorfs.
With texture, I use either Purple Melee-like costume or the Dawn Knight costume.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I switch.
Offline at tournaments I tend to use the old man, the normal one or the brown one.
With mah textures I just switch, they're all awesome.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Oh come on, where's our mod.

This thread is spam. This discussion fits perfectly in Social. If you have the last post, just edit your new topic into yours.

I use Ganon's natural costume (i.e. the TP one).
btw that's my vote on what term for a character's principal, starting, default costume could be taken. Natural Ganon.

TP

Smash Master
Simple thread to get some activity going here.
Activity? We don't need activity if our metagame hasn't changed in like a year. When a new discovery is made, we'll be there for it.

On topic, I LOVE burritos. No beans, though.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
In Brawl I use mostly Meleedorf and sometimes Ganongreen. Meleedorf's cape is awesome and I like green in general. In Melee I use Purpledorf.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Nachos.

Also, I know this discussion would fit in the social boards, buuuut they seem to be dead also.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Plain Ganondorf. I used to use Red because he's stained with the blood of his enemies but then I realized that a true Ganondorf keeps his armor clean!

Also I like Enchiladas. Mmmmmm.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Soon as we finish orchestrating a rehaul of the boards, they won't be dead. :U Need new rankings 'n' ****e. MAKE IT INTERESTING. 90% of the active Ganons here aren't on the board tier list and most of the list comprises of dead Ganons.

Ganon tier-listing needs to be a group effort.

Also, hi everybody. I'm listening to Gwar.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Soon as we finish orchestrating a rehaul of the boards, they won't be dead. :U Need new rankings 'n' ****e. MAKE IT INTERESTING. 90% of the active Ganons here aren't on the board tier list and most of the list comprises of dead Ganons.

Ganon tier-listing needs to be a group effort.

Also, hi everybody. I'm listening to Gwar.
It's great to have a ganon ranking system but it's difficult to compare the skills between other ganons. It's an excellent idea as it brings out the competitiveness of people and will ultimately improve our ganons.

There's obviously 4 methods of evidence to take into account when ranking someone... You could

1. Rank people by how they play in videos which i don't believe accurately portrays the skill level of the player. Judging players by their videos gets too complicated as you have to address the issue of consistency. They may have a favourable match-up that they submit for assessing but get ***** by most other characters.

For example, submitting a video of you playing against your brother. You would be familiar with his playstyle and annihilate him but it wouldn't be indicative of your skill level. Get what i'm saying? Probably spark a few arguments here but that's my opinion and i've based it on reasoning.

2. Wi-fi matches... playing online definitely isn't nintendo's strength. Playing too much wi-fi will make you accustomed to it's lag and I don't think it's fair to rate someone that way. I've seen vids of ally get ***** on wi-fi when he clearly beats them offline. I don't think wi-fi matches should be considered AT ALL.

3. Offline matches aka tournaments/money matches. This is obviously the fairest option but geographically, we are 1,000's of kms apart so this method isn't that viable. However, you could have a chain of ranking systems across the boards ranking each player in their respective country as they will most likely come across each other at a major tournament. This leads to the 4th method.

4. Quality of the competition. This has to be taken into consideration as some countries are better at brawl than others. For an example, I average 5th out of 17 entrants at my state tourneys but Australia sucks at brawl so that would probably make me the equivalent of 13 out of 17 (very rough guess, don't take it seriously) if i entered a tournament in Europe. One of our top 3 players came 65th at genesis in the U.S.A so it speaks for itself. So is this method really applicable? Do we just rate ourselves by who we defeat under tournament conditions?

Maybe we could incorporate methods 3 & 4. We could have a rankings system in each country and then assess the quality of the competition and who we defeat and have an unbiased panel to judge the quality of competition, compare the skill levels of our defeated opponents and subsequently compile a rankings.

Also, please don't flame me for this. I'm just trying to contribute and offer my opinion. You may disagree with me and have a discussion with me about it but don't put me down. Thanks

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yeah, quality of the region really matters.
Like, Blubbas region is really bad, so he 3 stocked this MK in the Grand Finals of a 79 person tourney, but his region just sucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrf9Y4tGTtg
So I think videos can also help with showing how good someone actually is, cause if somebody like Blubba came around 3 stocking an MK in the grand finals of a 79 man tourney, and then his region sucks, its still hard to tell where he then actually has to be.
So imo vids should count too. But meh those lists are for fun anyway, they don't have to be too accurate.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, vids that show you defeating a respectable opponent is acceptable. I probably should've mentioned that. I'm just talking about judging someone's playing ability against an unknown, inexperienced player.

And yeh, the rankings are just for fun. My post just sounds serious. I was just offering input to help make it fairer.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Tacos is the best mexican food ever, mostly because I can pick whatever I want in it.

And I prefer to use Old Manondorf.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I think a well balanced amount of 1,3 and 4 is the perfect ranking method we can use.
It also would be fun if we put some fun mentions like, the Spike Finisher, Ganon Felps(most water frags (my favourites! <3)), Warlock Puncher, Manliest Ganon, Ganon the 7th Sage (most helpful Ganon mainer)...

So, can I count on Verm for this?
Also, it would be good to merge, in the same thread, a new Ganon Finder, with location, contact and placings on tourneys.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
There's not a whole lot of tournaments in Denmark, so it would be pretty hard to place me. Same counts for the number of smashers, so I doubt I'll be able to upload a video. But meh..
Only option would be Wi-Fi, and we all know how much lag rocks.

Top Bottom