• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What controller type will be most effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Just a thought for feedback...what controller do you think everyone will use? Gamecube, Wii-mote or classic? Which will be more prevelant in tournaments and allow the most potential out of each character?

I know there will be no ''official'' way to know this until the game is released, but it's fun to speculate.

MR333

Smash Cadet
gamcube controller FTW. thats what people are used to, so it will be the easiest to play w/

Kruton

Smash Ace
I'm sure GC will be most used, but I am going to try really hard to adapt to the Classic controller, because I know I would like it after a while.

I will never ever once play wii-mote style. Maybe with a nunchuck since it has a motion sensor c-stick (unless you can't do ariels with Shake Smash, then **** it).

To actually ANSWER the question asked though, I think the most effective will be Gamecube. The Classic could very well be just as effective. It really does depend on the individual.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I swear...there is literally a new thread every day...not exaggerating at all. Like I bet I could find at least 2 dozen threads on this exact same topic if I actually SEARCHED FOR THEM.

OMG USE SEARCH :confused:

SamDvds

Smash Ace
i did search for it and no thread came up for this topic so i made it. anyway...personally im gonna stick with GC controller, but on the E for Everyone demos i saw ppl using the classic and wii mote, so i hope to get some feedback from ppl who actually played the demo as well, to see how comfortable or Uncomfortable it was vs. the GC controller.

Tachita

Smash Cadet
the people who have played smash before would likely use the gc controller if not the classic
people who have never played smash would use the nunchuk combo
and nobody will use the wiimote alone well at least not me I will use the gc controller

Kruton

Smash Ace
i did search for it and no thread came up for this topic so i made it. anyway...personally im gonna stick with GC controller, but on the E for Everyone demos i saw ppl using the classic and wii mote, so i hope to get some feedback from ppl who actually played the demo as well, to see how comfortable or Uncomfortable it was vs. the GC controller.
E for All...

And the single wii-remote just sucks man. No analog, up to jump...ghey.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
These threads always end up with someone yelling "WAIT FOR BRAWL TO COME OUT HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW WHICH CONTROLLER TYPE YOU WILL LIKE WITHOUT PLAYING THE GAME FIRST"

Everyone is going to say GCN/Classic Controller.

And I think you already knew that :):):).

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
While the cube controller has good access to its buttons, it has the worst shoulder buttons ever manufactured.

I have a few ideas, I'm going to try and set rolling to the shake smash, for example, for intuition.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Maybe all controllers can be used in tournaments. the gc and the classic controller will be the most used. and for people want to be more technical they will use wiimote

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try them in this order:
Classic Controller
Wiimote + Nunchuk
GameCube Controller
Horizontal Wiimote

Kruton

Smash Ace
There is no 'technicality' with the single wii-remote. If anything it limits technique. The single wii-remote set up is strictly for young beginners.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
The GCN controller is like it was made for playing Smash Bros. I will turn off the tap up to jump thing, and if possible, I will put my Final Smash Using in "Y", I never ever pressed "Y" in Melee, (I jump with X) and what if I want to use my neutral special move while I have a Smash Ball? Am I screwed up?

If possible I will keep the GCN controller for the next Smash Bros. and the Smash Bros. after that, and the next...
Nothing is as good for Smash Bros. as the GCN controller...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Technically, the Wiimote + Nunchuk for a Snake player if you can point at the screen for his Final Smash
Wiimote + Nunchuk to GameCube
C = Z
Z = R
A = A
B = B
D-Pad = X/Y

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
I'll try em' all and decide when it comes out. I'll prolly stick with the Game Cube controller, but I'm gonna try to get used to the Wiimote on it's side, though.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I swear...there is literally a new thread every day...not exaggerating at all. Like I bet I could find at least 2 dozen threads on this exact same topic if I actually SEARCHED FOR THEM.

OMG USE SEARCH :confused:

I concur with these sentiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom