• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What controller do you use?

the iron peach

Smash Apprentice
I use an orange microcon, because they're cheap and pretty much the same as the original, just smaller and from a different company. I had an original, but the analog stopped working after a year...so i'm not going to spend a lot of $ on a controller to have it break again. The microcon feels a lot like a normal controller( its just a little smaller ), so i'm just getting them from now on...unless someone knows something i don't about it...?

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
I just imported a emerald/blue gamecube controller from japan, god if it isn't the best lookin **** ever.

edit- Only the 2nd person in this massive thread to pimp the imported emerald greeness, excellent.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I use a standard controller, but i really would like and wavebird.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Kalypso said:
I just imported a emerald/blue gamecube controller from japan, god if it isn't the best lookin **** ever.

edit- Only the 2nd person in this massive thread to pimp the imported emerald greeness, excellent.
I'm gonna be the 3rd in a few days. Got one on the way... and I can't f'ing wait! My buddy just got the Nintendo Club Wario edition the other day, and that is just beautiful.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
Wavebird all the way! You can't beat the wireless-ness. Sure no rumble, but for the games that need it, A simple visual assistant is there for you.

quak

Smash Champion
i use a wave bird, the batteries actually make it more balanced and heavier for comfort. Plus i like my controller to be super stiff, i tech better with it :)

Bashe

Smash Rookie
I use a standard controller, only because the X button on my Wavebird is...squishy...because I spilled a bit of root beer on my controller and it got under that button.

rem

Smash Rookie
Guys, please help me out here.
Where can I get an Emerald? I've been looking everywhere (as in the interwebs)

okiyama

Smash Ace
With third party you're lucky if it's fully functional out of the box. Seriously I got one for a friend and the B button stuck on the first try >.>

I use standard Sivler because that was the only color they had. I'll sometimes mix things up with my original purple standard controller but it's mostly just the silver.

okiyama

Smash Ace
With third party you're lucky if it's fully functional out of the box. Seriously I got one for a friend and the B button stuck on the first try >.>

I use standard Sivler because that was the only color they had. I'll sometimes mix things up with my original purple standard controller but it's mostly just the silver.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
I really don't trust third party controllers. For me, it's Nintendo Official Controllers all the way :D.
At present i'm using a semi customised Purple controller. (Customised as in covered in tip-ex smilies ^^)

I do have an untoutched black one though, but it's waiting for the realease of Brawl in the UK.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I use standard black CG controller that came with my cube. It has worked very well, but that isn´t only reason: I haven´t found any other options! It took me about half year to even find a shop where I could buy another controller from in Finland!

Weed

Smash Lord
I use a wavebird, but I'm looking for regular ones currently, EBgames only sells fkn 3rd party..weak

OnettSphere

Smash Cadet
I use a Platinum Nintendo Controller
And I have a weird thing that no one may touch my controller or
I HAVE to get a new one.

Its weird

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
I dunno what it's called, but it's a Gamestop-brand mini controller. I like it better than the regular Nintendo ones because, since it's smaller, it means less hand movements which makes it easier to play in general.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
Standard Black controller, I've had it since the GC came out and the control stick is starting to loosen.

I had another controller just like that one but my brother killed the control stick playing RE4 (curse you "rotate the stick or you'll die" sequences".

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
I have two standard Gamecube controllers well one is borrowed from a friend. I call mine Frankenstein because it has no thumb rubber and at one point it was held together by red tuct tape but at least I finnally got the D-pad and start button to work:p

I also used to have two white ipac ?? 3rd party controllers but threw them in the garbage couldn't Dashdance or WD it was the poots.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Um i Use a Gamestop Controller lol..its so big and ive been messing up on wavedashes..-.- is it the controller:(?

O and Hi guys im new lol

Tennet

Smash Champion
i used to use my plat wavebird but i play smash usually too long so i switched to my (guess what plat) standard controller... (yes my gc and other wired is plat but my other wavebird is standard color :/)

derpinsmash

Smash Cadet
i got 4 wavebirds. 2 of which are new and 2 that are only a few years old. I love using them to control more then 1 character at once lol. sometimes me and a friend will have match ups of 1 higher tier character vs 3 lower tier characters. Once in Brawl i used this trick online. I completely ***** this dude with my 3 ice climber team. best victory screen ever too!

Top Bottom