• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What controller do you use?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I use a regular black controller with a fan mounted on the back (but the wires broke :sad:). There are also two extra rumbles put inside of the handles, with wires coming out that can be hooked up to a power supply and turned on. Like 1/8th of it is electrical tape i think.

I was thinking about buying a wavebird a while ago, but i think they are too light for me and the thought of either constantly buying/recharging batteries isn't very appealing.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Vir_Iratus said:
(A) The GC doesn't come in Orange, so they want something thats a different color than it.
It does, although it may just be a japanese version....

EDIT: And Wavebird for me.

Liku

Smash Journeyman
A standard Purple GameCube controller, since it came with the system. The R, Z and Directional Pad care kinda sticky/messed up, but I've grown used to it.

Yagi

Smash Ace
Cap'n Crunch said:
I was thinking about buying a wavebird a while ago, but i think they are too light for me and the thought of either constantly buying/recharging batteries isn't very appealing.
lmao! as opposed to the 8 or so batteries your contoller currently uses.

MrJiggles

Smash Rookie
Vir_Iratus said:
All Mad Catz products suck... My friends Memory card messed up after like a month... How can they screw that thing up? There aren't any moving parts for cryin' out loud! He didn't hardly move it either... it just sat their like every other memory card does, but then one day, it just decided to erase all of his data.
You make me scared now, because I have a MadCatz memory card D:

SuperBroz

Smash Rookie
The delay on a wavebird is negligible, and I find it perfectly fine for casual play. However, I find in my experiences with this controller that there will be times (not often) where the controller will refuse to work. Whether this is due to signal interference or battery issues, I will always use a wired gcn 1st party controller in tournaments.

.:FOXMASTER:.

Smash Rookie
I use one of my 3 standard controllers, I also have a MadCats controller but it doesnt really work because the A button always gets stuck.

Guildenstern

Smash Apprentice
I have four Wavebirds and I've put pieces of electrical tape on them to color-code them so there is no confusion over which one belongs to which controller slot. I used Smash player colors, of course: red, blue, yellow, green. Mine is the red one. :p

If I were to go to a tourney I'd probably bring a standard wired controller, though, just to be sure I wouldn't have interference or battery problems.

Shadro

Smash Rookie
I use a mad cats; but I use to have a orange oringal one; but it went missing. I do like the mad cats though I find it works just fine it just takes a while to get use to it.

I use standard controllers, When I use wavebirds I end up wearing off the grip. I especially hate bootleg controllers like mad cats or intec brands.

Mad Catz :bigrocket

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gotta use the standard GCN controllers, mostly because I like the rumble, but also because worrying about batteries is quite annoying.

Chaos_Link

Smash Cadet
I used to use the pelcin turbo or the G3 turbo but every time i load a game they always mess up by going up by themselves so i don't use turbo controllers any more now i use a Mad Catz macro controller with rubber grips and i have 2 of them 1 blue outside and white buttons the other black outside yellow buttons they both work perfect my blue one came with almost completed file of Soul Calibur 2 but i already had a completed file of Soul Calibur 2 on my memory card that has a little over 2000 blocks of memory even with NFSU2, Enter the Matrix, 007 nightfire, SSBM, Army Men: Sarges's War, Legend of Zelda collector's edition (all four games), Tales of Symphonia (3 files for that one), Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door, Soul Calibur 2, Mario Kart Double Dash (plus 3 time trial saves), Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, Dragon Ball Z sagas, & Legend of Zelda Four Swords.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
I use a wavebird it feels more balanced than the light original conteoler can we use it at mlg? And does anyone like my team banner yea i know alliance is spellled wron gill fix that today lol

TriforceCL

Smash Apprentice
yo thats pretty kool i use a stardard orange controller. I lyk the banner alot im starting a group with my friends too. some how there is three of us and 5 ppl.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I'm using the oldschool controller since they are the sweetest and have the omfg leet rumble.

I've heard also that a lot of pro would rather use normal gcb controller because they can feel the lag that the wavebird's make... you gotta be pretty hardcore to notice that i guess :psycho:

Claym4n

Smash Cadet
I would never use a third party controller, they make me sick! Especially Hip Gear, good lord :urg:

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I use a standard GCN usually, but I have no problem using a WB. I looked up this AirFlo thing though, looks pretty intense. XD

God Sribe

Smash Cadet
I use a regular GCN controller. I used a Wavebird controller for a while, and I liked it. But for some reason, when I played my friends, when I used the Wavebird controller, I played horribly against them. But when I switched the the normal GCN controller, I played much better. I still don't know why haha

TGD

Smash Cadet
I use the standard controllers mostly, but I've used weirder models when I didn't have a controller with me.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
Vir_Iratus said:
All Mad Catz products suck... My friends Memory card messed up after like a month... How can they screw that thing up? There aren't any moving parts for cryin' out loud! He didn't hardly move it either... it just sat their like every other memory card does, but then one day, it just decided to erase all of his data. I find that third party controllers tend to SUCK when it comes to Smash on account of them not being able to "tap" or dash and do smash attacks with the control stick. They're usually slow and awkward shaped too. Totally not worth it.

I use an original Orange GC Controller

actually the microcon i better dash dancing and such. and i never use the c-stick for "normal standing" smash attacks. the microcon is as fast as the normal NGC controller. all i wanted to say

raxus

Smash Cadet
I use the regular controllers all the time, and I've never had one of those break...

...I also have a "nYko Star Pad" controller (looking at the name, you know it's a peice of ****)...and the R trigger broke about 2 months in...used it about 10 hours, put it away for a long time....tried to play with other people and they kept sucking at SSBM because they couldn't dodge or block...yet I still have it with me for some reason as if I were going to try and fix it myself or something :ohwell:

Fastest

Smash Ace
I use a Spongebob-shaped controller. No-joke.
Why? It's manufactured with stronger springs- it's like a controller mod but it's legal. Basically, the buttons come back up faster, which means faster button presses and a longer lasting controller.

Fastest

Smash Ace
I almost forgot:

I also use a Standard Black Gamecube controller which I stole from a tournament last year. Incidentally, my crew calls it the "cursed controller". However, I have yet to receive bad luck from it, which leads me to believe that I am evil.

Top Bottom