• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller do you use?

What controller do you use?

• Wiimote

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Wiimote+Nunchuck

Votes: 62 12.6%
  • Gamecube Controller

Votes: 357 72.4%
  • Classic Controller

Votes: 65 13.2%

• Total voters

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I felt slow using the gamecube controller, so I switched to the classic and now I feel like I'm able to move faster. Was a little bummed though that I couldn't use the D-pad for movement, but I don't mind the joystick.
Funny you say that cause I felt the same way. I love the CC.

tense

Smash Cadet
At a tournament I was at, we were required to use the Wiimote and nunchuck and when I got the game, I was so happy to be able to play with my GC controller.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I use Classic because it is similar to GC, but it's wireless. I bought the Classic over the Wavebird because I can use the Classic on all VC games.

Rufeo

Smash Cadet
I use the GC controller because that's what I'm used to playing with and I don't really want to try the other ons.

ReK99

Smash Rookie
Used GC for subspace, then my thumbs started to bleed and I switched to classic.

Much nicer on my thumbs at least.

Vinntage

Smash Rookie
gamecube controller, but im sure if anyone were to get owned by someone using a wiimote+Nchuck that would be embarassing

StarScarJenova

Smash Rookie
Classic controller all the way. Map the button layout to GC layout and put throw at Y, ZR is just to much of a chore to press, you'll wonder how you ever played without it. Haha!

SSJ

Chro

Smash Apprentice
Mote+Chuck. I don't own a Classic or GC, and just Mote is TERRRRRIBLE. I like it, the only tricky thing is grabbing (I sometimes use A+B, so when I'm playing Gdorf and I mess up it kinda sucks)

ablizno

Smash Rookie
I use CC but i swap the controls. Therefore, A and X jump, B is the new A, and Y is the new B. I can not stand the Nunchuck configuration, but standard Wiimote is ok. I would use gamecube but all the rubber is removed from every one of my controllers.

HolyBeastSelket

Smash Rookie
I'm one of the two (lol) who use the Wiimote. I really don't think it's that bad. However, I wouldn't know how good it is compared to GC or CC, as I don't have one. I set grabbing to 1+2 and/or A, which is a little awkward, but it's alright.

I tried the Nunchuck, but overall it just felt awkward. I mapped it pretty differently than the default. I used the D-Pad for smashes (which is nice, now I know how c-stickers feel). I also had Shake-Smash on, which is also pretty good. The way I configured I just could find a way that worked really well, especially for using the jump button. I really don't want to use tap jump, and I can't find a good button for jumping. If anyone knows a good map for it, please let me know. Thanks.

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
Everyone now has been sticking to the GC controller, as have I, but I think that as time progresses, people will lean more towards the Classic Controller or the Wiimote + Nunchuck. Right now, it doesn't look like any one controller has an obvious edge over the others, except that the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo lacks C sticking, which is pretty fundamental.

Jegred2

Smash Rookie
after trying out the CC and mapping the controls out myself, I like it better than the GC controller.

If you have a CC then you should definitely try it out.

GaleForce

Smash Rookie
I'm using CG right now, but I have a CC so I may try it out and even switch to it. I've been hearning good things about it.

paderdash

Smash Rookie
wiimote and nunchuck!!! mostly cuz when i play with my friends i only have 2 wii controllers and 2 cube controllers so its just easier if i use that >.< but its not so bad after you get used to the controls

GreenEggs&Ham

Smash Cadet
I like using the GC because of melee, and i am very comfortable with the GC controller lay out, it's so smooth :p I also tried the CC control with a few modifications to the buttons and i liked it as well.

perezo

Smash Cadet
I like Gc but when im bored and want fun i go to the wii with the nunchuk

Flake

Smash Cadet
^
|
that's me
i've heard the classic controller works better though

Fruttti

Smash Rookie
I use Wiimote + Nunchuck because it's to long space between my sofa and Wii. I think I would use a GC controller if I had an wireless one.

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
I just bought a Classic Controller the other day (mostly for VC games) and tried it out with brawl...I kinda like it in certain situations, but it felt awkward from GC controller with the buttons in different spots...but otherwise quite similar imo. Still, I think I'll stick with GC

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
The Wii Mote with Nunchuck works great for me.

I'm considering turning the D-Pad to all taunts and leaving the A+B for grabbing and the Z for Shielding. But right now, my custom settings are D-Pad for Grabbing (though I'm teaching myself to do A+B for grabbing more often)

Top Bottom