• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what color do you use?

what color do you use?

• Total voters

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Hey that reminds me, you guys know how neon does two Bair spikes in a row at 33:20? How do you do that? So we runs off stage. Then re turns torward the stage and somehow does a back air away from it. Been trying that and I can't do it! I just want to know how to do one, much less two in a row.

Last edited:

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Hey that reminds me, you guys know how neon does two Bair spikes in a row at 33:20? How do you do that? So he runs off stage. Then turns toward the stage and somehow does a back air away from it. Been trying that and I can't do it! I just want to know how to do one, much less two in a row.
Are you saying in the M2K match at 33:40? If so, this is impossible now due to increased end lag. In 3.02 all you had to do was know the precise timing when Bair ended / the IASA frames. I had it down to knowingly approximately up to 5 frames before I could act. And running off stage to the right then hit left + jump will make you face towards center stage. It's a RAR without using an aerial immediately. This is new to PM as it was part of Brawl.

D e l t a

@ D e l t a D e l t a I watched that MM and I have to ask. Why did you pk thunder in the middle of that one match?
lmfao in hindsight that MM is embarrassing and not a good representation of my skill now. The whole MM I was basically doing a crap ton of DJC anything, and I was most likely trying to DJC Fair/Uair him, but I got mixed up and did a DJC PKT1. I should have recognized his aerial approach and done a Utilt / WD back or literally anything else really.

I'll hopefully be getting a rematch with him at Shots Fired this weekend and I'll try to get it on stream :)

D e l t a

everything can be DJC'd if you have a character with such properties. The usefulness and practicability of the moves you are DJCing vary. In my case, messing up a mag -> DJC aerial or whatever I happened to be thinking at the time, led to a DJC PKT which due to massive end lag and not having a solid hit like Ness' led to an unfortunate punish X_X

D e l t a

Hey Z, just realized you spelled "Christmas" wrong in the original poll. Any way to fix this?

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Are you saying in the M2K match at 33:40? If so, this is impossible now due to increased end lag. In 3.02 all you had to do was know the precise timing when Bair ended / the IASA frames. I had it down to knowingly approximately up to 5 frames before I could act. And running off stage to the right then hit left + jump will make you face towards center stage. It's a RAR without using an aerial immediately. This is new to PM as it was part of Brawl.
So just to make sure, because of Pm 3.5 two Bairs can't be preformed in a row just one? That's still fine, I just wanted to know how to do one. So you can't cancel the jump into a Bair right away you have to jump?

D e l t a

Another thing: what does RAR stand for and what are IASA frames?
To answer your first question, you theoretically can do 2+ Bairs in a row if you're up at a high elevation, or if you do a rising full hop Bair then rising double jump Bair, etc. The only stipulation being that Neon's double Bair combo cannot be performed in 3.5 as seen in the video

RAR stands for reverse aerial rush, which is running forward then tapping back and jumping. This will make you face backwards with forward momentum. Generally RAR means running forward, tapping back & jumping, then performing an aerial right after. In the example with Neon, he did not use an aerial until he was in range to hit M2K's Mew2, then performed another Bair immediately after without fast falling either of the 2 Bairs.

IASA means "instantly as soon as," or in layman's terms, the point at which you can cancel the animation of a move with any other action. For some moves this is very useful, such as Marth's Dtilt being able to use another Dtilt faster, or canceling the ending frames of the animation by dashing, shielding, jumping, etc.

To put this into context, I was stating that I was able to identify the first few frames when I could act out of Bair and immediately perform another action. In 3.5, the end lag is still funky and I'm still getting used to it >_>

D e l t a

Just out of curiosity, do you guys still think Lucas is still top tier? I mean with all his throw and smash nerfs he got in 3.5
Personally, I never felt Lucas was "amazing" in a sense, even in 3.02. His recovery was broken, more in the sense that he had strong mixups & his tether range was dumb when I wanted to cancel onto platforms and instead I'm going towards the ledge.

Despite the nerfs, Lucas still bodies a number of combo heavy chars and can pressure the cast to a slightly lesser, but still at a very dominate extent. The only thing that truly sucks is his Fair being even tinier and Magnet/Bair having extended end lag overall.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
He got lag on almost all of his smash moves. I didn't play when 3.2 was around, but I can't seem to KO with upthrow as easy as neon :/

D e l t a

He got lag on almost all of his smash moves. I didn't play when 3.2 was around, but I can't seem to KO with upthrow as easy as neon :/
His smash moves were virtually untouched. His aerials were slightly changed. Bair / Dair have increase end lag, Uair technically got a buff now that it can kill floaties & mid weights around 140%+

Upthrow is just a throw, there's not any "skill" associated with the move other than securing a grab. The KBG (knockback growth) aka kill power was decreased, which makes it kill about 20% later on average than in 3.02. Once I get a free day I'll make up a chart or thread about his KO %s

Badge

Smash Apprentice

D e l t a

He was at very best the lowest, maybe middle of the high tiers. Mostly around upper-mid tier overall. I'd say with the across the board nerfs, Lucas remained at a similar spot on the tier list since nothing extraordinary changed about him other than the ridiculous amount of kill power he had. Should probably take to the general discussion with this lol. Totally slipped my mind.

There also is a General Discussion thread for random Lucas chitchat. Kinda fell out of favor in 3.5 with like none of the 3.02 Lucas mains posting actively anymore.

To be precise: "interruptible as soon as"

You'll safe yourself quite some work by taking a look at this.
Thanks for the clarification & info dump. Last I remembered I thought it was "instantly." Man, school term has really cut into my smash time

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
The biggest surprize for me today, is that the reuploaded Neon vs M2K has passed 100 views today and the Awestin vs Neon is stuck at 5. LoL

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Yeah he is one of the best players in Smash in general, especially in melee a couple years ago. I personally have players I like better like neon and chillin, but if you don't know anyone, he's kind of your general professional smasher. He plays basically anyone top level.

Last edited:

20PK

Smash Apprentice
OKAY REAL TALK THOUGH

Someone needs to make a Black/Blue striped and White/Gold striped alt. skin for Lucas.

If you don't know the significance of this you're living under a rock.

Mao Gakuji

Smash Rookie
I usually would run either Masked Man or Claus for my colors, but since I put Travis from Mother 4 over a color I don't use, I've been using that instead.

carnerd3000

Smash Rookie
Always red, as it's my favorite color. I'm hoping in the future they'll release a red Commander Lucas outfit.

D e l t a

They need a not ugly green costume. I'm really disappointed there isn't a good green costume that isn't DLC.

Last edited:

trusty

Smash Apprentice
I'm 1000% for the Claus costume in PM and in Brawl. Mainly because I have red hair and Lucas in Brawl is my ride-or-die. Also because Claus is such a damn good character in the Mother games.

ilysm

sleepy
I used to go pink/purple, but switched to blue/white. I have a blue and white t-shirt just like it. Agreed that Lucas needs a green alt that isn't atrocious. It looks like an ugly christmas sweater.

trancex

Smash Cadet
Right? I'm fine with my pink/purple, but a good green color combo would be amazing.

Anyone have any good ideas about a new green custom alt? Same shirt but new colors.

Top Bottom