• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what color do you use?

what color do you use?

• Total voters

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
Originally favored the Blue, but now I use the Alt skin. At least in dittos if my costume gets taken, I still have the blue skin.

They're all pretty decent except for Claus (which is meh) and that one brownish alt color. :p

20PK

Smash Apprentice
I used to go masked man exclusively, but now I mix it up between that and blue/white after watching too many videos of Neon/PinkFresh who usually used that colour, hoping the skill would rub off on me.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
1. Blue / White
2. Masked Man
3. Original/Default
4. Red
5. Pink
6. Ugly green / Claus

Blue color is pretty cool. Found some alts made by Theytah that I use time to time on my pack. Masked Man is most popular. Red/default are nice for simplicity. I find red to be the Plasma color / the next best color to use in teams.

Last edited:

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
I just think Masked Man just makes Lucas look a little weird in my opinion, but maybe I'm just not used to that costume yet. (It's probably the gloves XD

D e l t a

^ that's exactly how I feel. I tried Masked Man. Just doesn't feel right

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
I mostly use Claus since he is my favorit video game character, and since he is a red head, like me. Some times, I will dress in my Cluas outfitt. That I tricked my mom into making. Lol

Last edited:

SubLemonal

Smash Rookie
I used the "Christmas" color until I saw Neon at LTC2. Then I just kinda switched to it over time.

D e l t a

Neon used blue / while stripes.

AZProjectMelee has more content of HF Neon than VGBC. The only thing VGBC happened to have over AZPM was Neon at LTC2.

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
If you look, you will find that Lucas's default costum has no votes. At this time.

D e l t a

I have a copy of Neon vs M2K and Sethlon at LTC2. If you would like me post on youtube, I will.
VGBC said they would have a separate account posting PM archived vids... idk where or when ;-;

But I've prob watched that set 100x and learned something new every time lol

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
VGBC said they would have a separate account posting PM archived vids... idk where or when ;-;

But I've prob watched that set 100x and learned something new every time lol
Im thinking about posting the footage intill VGBC reuploads their own.

Last edited:

D e l t a

Ugh Pink Fresh's stale metagame bothers me. He never advanced past using the same combos & flowchart that only worked on kids who didn't know the MU. Neon was so much fun to watch and learn from

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
I remember Pink Fresh saying in a interveiw, that he stoped trainning himself. That really bothered me, but his Lucas is way better than mine. Im going to check out more footage of Neon. I did not know about AZPM.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
If you post the neon vs mew2king video that would be great! Only watched it like 20 times, 9,980 more to go! But seriously, if you could can you please post the link?

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
If you post the neon vs mew2king video that would be great! Only watched it like 20 times, 9,980 more to go! But seriously, if you could can you please post the link?
Ok, I will do it( Intill VGBC reuploads theirs). I think I will post a link early tomorow morning in this thead. Or should it place the link somewhere else?

D e l t a

I remember Pink Fresh saying in a interview, that he stopped training himself. That really bothered me, but his Lucas is way better than mine. I'm going to check out more footage of Neon. I did not know about AZPM.
I haven't watched too many interviews overall and I've only watched the one after PF won UFGT-X PM Singles. I MM'd his Lucas at TBH4 and the only thing he had over me was better control of situations, mostly coming off an academic term at college with little to no practice, inb4 johns lol. Other than that, I can DACUS consistently for combo finishers and out of Dthrow when the enemy DI's full behind. In addition to having better tech skill than him LOL.

AZPM guys are great. The commentary is sub-par at best, but they're all super chill. I was actually crashing in their stream last night and all of them agreed I was a homie :D

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
@ D e l t a D e l t a one day I want to beat M2K in a 1000 money match, but I know better than to throw away money that I do not have and trust me, I would be lucky to take a single stock off him.

So I am guesing you lost that money match? Lol :p

I have watched( and downloaded) all the interveiws I could. It was greatly dissapointing to find nothing that I could use In game.

D e l t a

@ D e l t a D e l t a one day I want to beat M2K in a 1000 money match, but I know better than to throw away money that I do not have and trust me, I would be lucky to take a single stock off him.

So I am guesing you lost that money match? Lol :p

I have watched( and downloaded) all the interveiws I could. It was greatly dissapointing to find nothing that I could use In game.
Beating M2K in a MM is definitely an impressive feat. $1000 MM would most likely be first to 5 or some sort of longer played out set... which he's really good at considering he adapts over the first 2-3 games and has a full download by game 4-5 most times.

Lmao yeah I kinda lost that MM at TBH4. It's on TourneyLocator's website last I remember, they just spaced out my old tag as "Deep Voice Guy" -___- One of the many reasons I changed my tag to Delta. I did what I wanted to with the most rusty playing Lucas ever. Half the time I was full hopping bc I was attempting to get out DJC Fairs which I had been doing very well the few months prior.

The only useful thing I recall from an interview of PinkFresh was outdated 3.02 tech where Nair -> regrab works on aerial opponents at most percents, and on grounded opponents they can CC it, which you can follow up with magnet pressure. Other than that, he never really had much in the advice category. Not many top players seem to have good advice, they're just good at the game haha

D e l t a

Not entirely - he recently said on Reddit he wants to co-main Lucas and Wolf.
On an AZPM stream, the commentators said he's actually bringing back Lucas...FOR THE COMMUNITY!!! #superhyped

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Beating M2K in a MM is definitely an impressive feat. $1000 MM would most likely be first to 5 or some sort of longer played out set... which he's really good at considering he adapts over the first 2-3 games and has a full download by game 4-5 most times.
What if you had two mains and two secondaries that you were awesome at? M2K cant really download anything if you keep switching. It might not be such a bad way to win!:joyful:

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
What if you had two mains and two secondaries that you were awesome at? M2K cant really download anything if you keep switching. It might not be such a bad way to win!:joyful:
I have thought, if I ever meet M2K in tourament I would go on random character, prob would never work, but hay

Last edited:
Top Bottom