• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters will feel the most buffed with a controller?

WabbitSeason

Smash Cadet
I think the difference between controls is greatly exaggerated.

The game will be more comfortable to play, yes, but don't expect to find some sort of hidden potential in any specific character, or even in the whole roster as a whole. Maybe a couple techniques requiring a C-Stick will pop up, but other than that, there's no way there'll be a major difference. After all, it's all the exact same mechanics, only with a slightly different way to execute them. The C-Stick will likely be the only real "gamechanger," and that's just for the usual stuff that the stick has been used for in the past.
GC analog stick is by far better than the 3DS stick. More grip and more fluidity. 3DS analog stick is more prone to having your thumb slip off since it's so slick and small. Also, the 3DS analog stick's functionality is much different than the GC's. It doesn't tilt on the sphere rather than getting pushed a lot farther. And the button layout is much nicer. Trigger buttons fit my hands great and it's much easier to do attacks with GC B and A buttons while jumping around.

With every character I've played it's felt difficult to get used to because the buttons are so small, the shoulder buttons don't conform well to my hands, and the analog stick isn't as direct as the GC one.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I feel Palutena can be a contender too. I always wanted to space much better with the F-airs and perform SH B-airs better, but the circle pad can be a bit evil against the command.
But definitely the fast and/or precise characters (and Peach) also need it more.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It will be interesting to see how WFT will benefit as well. I can manage her pretty well on 3DS but I feel like it might be easier to do certain things with her using a GC controller. Sometimes I Ftilt by accident instead of FSmash. Even though both attacks arer absurdly short ranged I still want the consistency haha

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
Sheik's killin power is going to be significantly improved with DACUS. I'll also be able to forward smash again cause my 3DS nub is worn out...
Ganondorf, he has a REALLY good DACUS that's arguably faster than his running speed.
Which characters have Dacus so far?

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Everyone really, as the circle pad is a little too small for my liking and has turned an up-b into a recovery-wasting side-b too many times.
But especially :4megaman:, as an instant projectile (side-smash) should really help him out.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
ALL OF THEM!!

But there some that I think Wii U will boost them. First Shulk, I try to secondary him but the 3ds control I can't use them well, I hope the Wii U can really feeling it for him.
Most of fast character like Greninja and Sheik, there kinda hard to use on the 3DS. The Wii U could be the true version to use Greninja when Im boot them on!
Pikachu quick attack is way to hard to control in this version... I never had this huge problem in every smash game.except this one.
Peach hover jump is so freaking hard to do it...
But no one knows that the poor contender of all....

Olimar and its Pikmin A.I.!!!!

I been complain about the Pikmin A.I. In this game because sometime the pikmin fall of the edge even I with them around with Olimar. Sometime the pikmin will jump out the battlefield and commit suicide...

But the worst thing is, the pikmin the start jumping like crazy or even moonwalking to the other side of the stage like a slipper ice...
I want they improved Pikmin A.I. in the Wii U version.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I might finally be able to play Robin well with a c stick. Reliably performing aerial smashes versus tilts is very difficult while also trying to position yourself.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
That C-stick would be great for throwing sexy b-airs from the Monado. ;)

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
It's hilarious to see that pretty much the only characters people mention are their mains.

In all honesty, I think its just harder with the 3ds all around.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think my gameplay with Robin would be massively improved if I had a GameCube controller in my hands. The aerial smashes would be much easier to control all around, not to mention maintaining the durability of the Levin Sword.

Other than him/her, I can't really think of anyone else at the top of my head.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
I imagine Captain Falcon's forward aerial will be a lot more useful on the console version.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Anyone who would rather use their up-special then their side-special when they are are off the stage. :p

But seriously, Jigglypuff is an obvious one. I played her on the 3ds, while I like her playstyle, it doesn't work that well on the 3ds circle pad and without a c-stick.

As for my two mains...not sure. Rosalina might like it a bit more with her down aerial being a semi spike, but Bowser Jr is probably fine even without it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm gonna long for GCN-controller when it comes to Marth now. U-Airs seem good approach tool on top of N-Air ATM...

But everybody would be the best answer.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zelda. Sweetspots for days and no more accidental aerial Dins. Don't give a fuq if biased.

Pretty much every character except Little Mac.

Last edited:

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
Peach will be a character that will receive a major buff with the gamecube controller. Due to how technical she is and Marth/Lucina/J-Puff as well.

In other words. The majority of the cast will get a major buff with the Wii U version.

Pebbicle

Smash Cadet
I agree that it will be overall easier to control the characters, due to the buttons being slightly further away from each other... Also direction of attacks. Way too often have I SD'd because I accidentally performed Dancing Blade instead of a reverse Dolphin Slash ._.

Of course, Dancing Blade itself will probably be easier to pull off, too.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Once I have a GC controller, i'll be able to test out Rosalina more accurately, because the 3DS controls kill me. D:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yoshi. Ability to use his specials without worrying about the circle pad killing you will completely change the way he plays.
I also feel that the C-stick will buff Kirby quite nicely as he should be able to Fsmash and Dsmash out of crouch again. Something that will be quite strong with his massively buffed crouching stance.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Marth marth marth!!! ;D

King of spacing v.v

Top Bottom