• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters make good combinations?

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
What characters make good combinations for doubles tournaments? I was thinking a Donkey Kong/Meta-Knight combo would balance each other out nicely.

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
From experience ...I don't know how balanced our team was but for a friendly online (slightly competitive -- no items and fair stages) I had chosen Wolf and my friend had chosen Luigi... and MY or MY did we EVER bring the house down...

I find it was a very happy combonation of arial game (Luigi) and ground game (wolf)

Not quite sure on the technical aspect but it definatly worked.

Zetsuei

Smash Cadet
I have been trying to find out a character that would work well with Marth, and it seems that Ike actually works very well. Marth evens out his slowness, so as Marth gets in a few fast hits it gives Ike the opportunity to charge up a more powerful attack, which really racks up the damage.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think that DK is a great team partner with any faster character. His smash attacks are powerful, good range, and he is the fastest "power" character. That's my two cents though.

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
Look for someone who has a lot of toys (Snake) and balance them with someone who can easily dodge the toys and help knock the enemy into the toys (Kirby).

Otherwise, yea I've noticed Ike and Marth compliment each other well, as do the spacies.

lilvietkoi

Smash Cadet
i have an urge to say ness and lucas. they have a good projectile game. one controls the air while the other defends the ground. They compliment eachother with their attacks and can change roles in an instant. And if friendly fire is on? oh my, free healing all the way.

Zetsuei

Smash Cadet
lilvietkoi is absolutely right. wonder why i never thought of that...

gotta try that sometime

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
MK and Dedede. MK racks damage/stuns, D3 kills. The two work as a team for edgeguarding, D3 staying on the edge and MK jumping out. D3 throws a Waddle Dee long enough for MK to get a hit in, which leads to two, three, four, etc. hits. MK covers the air while D3 dominates the ground.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G&W's bucket + Any character with a decent projectile the bucket can absorb. Now if friendly fire is off then I think G&W (controls a lot of area above and below him) and Wario (great left and right aerial movement) would be a good team.

Griffard

Smash Ace
ness and lucas sounds remarkable...
lucas and G&W are tremendous though, one PKT fills up the bucket and does massive Damage and Knockback.
MK and Ganon cover each other's weaknesses well

sathenzar

Smash Rookie
My friend and I are practicing playing as a team and I play meta knight and he either plays snake or Ike. I find those to be good combos, especially Ike. He knocks them off the edge and I keep them off :)

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Trust me, Zelda is amazing with anyone because of Dins fire but she works so well with Ness and Game and Watch since she can heal/fill up bucket.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are good. Diddy gives DK a grabbable projectile to glide-toss with. Diddy builds up damage easily and DK has fast KO moves perfect for the brief stun that Diddy's bananas give the opponent. Diddy has a decent and easily controllable range game with his nanners and peanuts to avoid hitting DK, he also simply just has a range game, which is something DK doesn't have. Diddy can easily mess up infinites if they ever become a problem. Diddy's air moves can help DK recover if he needs it and Diddy has an awesome recovery. Diddy and DK can also get grabs easily to KO people that are being grabbed. Diddy's side b can also get back on the stage quicker than alot of other recoveries so DK doesn't get teamed-up on.

Both of them are very good in team battles just by themselves. Plus it's Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on a team. How cool is that?

Crow!

Smash Lord
We really need an official, stickied version for the discussion of 2v2 matches in general. Threads about which character combinations are best alone pop up like 3 times a week.

So much so that thread necromancy goes by completely unnoticed. This was started in April.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
MK and Snake
I'd say Samus and DK. I don't really have a reason, but they seem like a good balance to me.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
bucket and healing dont make a game. the chance you have to do theese are slim and situational. besides in 2v2 Spacing and seperation are key. as much as id like to theory craft about Omg broken healing. its nice to have but dont expect to do it in a match.

Top Bottom