• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters have you completed 9.0 Classic with?

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
I've only been able to beat 9.0 on the 3DS, and with custom Toon Link and Jigglypuff. I can't do it on the Wii U because I'm horrible at fortress (can barely clear 8.0), but I'm working on it.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I did it with custom :4drmario: and never touched Classic, again. I might do it again some more with other characters.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Bowser and Yoshi. It's actually not that bad at first. Master Core is definitely the hardest part for me. He can knock off one of your stocks in an instant if you're not careful.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
On 3DS, I've done it as default :4dk:.

On Wii U, I've only done it two players (and with equipment at that).

Both cases involve the removal of Master Fortress from the equation.

D

Deleted member

I've used King Dedede (with custom moves and equipment) to complete the mode on this difficulty in both versions. I don't plan on going back to it anytime soon.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Only did it with custom Ness and that was the challenge were you had to beat Classic on 9.0 without losing a life.

Fortunately for me, spamming PK Thunder to avoid having to fight the Master Fortress enemies helped me tremendously though I was around 5-10 seconds away from the time running out.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm currently in the process of recording myself doing 9.0 with all characters without customs or equipment but also with it not being a no death run. I've currently covered Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Yoshi. Yeah, my pathway is pretty obvious and to give you an idea of how things have gone so far. Bowser is the only character where I needed more than 1 try. My first death was an input failure which killed me, my second was a ragequit against a Yoshi and my third was an amusing death via stage spike from PK Freeze. Finally got it on the fourth try.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I cleared 9.0 with the entire cast back in March. The DLC characters were later done within 24 hours of purchasing them. Sometime I'll make another video when I improve all my scores.

As posted in various other threads, the trick that made it easy for me was equipping every single fighter with the following:

1 Auto Heal (preferably Brawn Badge, though occasionally Protection Badge) and
2 strongest character-specific generic defensive equipment

With this setup, I always have triple-digit defense, non-negative offense, and a negative speed, which generally isn't an issue for Classic mode. My recommendation in general is to start with heavy characters since they last longer in the final battles, then gradually work your way through the lighter characters. Unfortunately there is no milestone or reward of any kind for clearing 9.0 with everyone, other than the nice equipment and gold you get each time, and the satisfaction of doing so.
That equipment setup really works well, thanks for the tip. I don't think I'd have been able to do some of the more obnoxious 9.0 classic challenges without it.

I've only cleared 9.0 classic with a few characters and only after failing many, many times, haha. Unless I end up really liking one of the DLC characters, I don't really plan on playing 9.0 classic again.
3DS
:4villagerf:: no customs
:4olimar:: no customs

Wii U
:4villagerf:: no customs; customs no stock lost
:4olimar:: no customs
:4ness:: customs
:rosalina:: customs
:4marth:: customs (just because of that one challenge that requires you to beat it with him)

For some reason, I'm better at Master Core with Villager than with anybody else. I think it has something to do with her being able to float away to avoid most of its attacks and generally being a bit sturdier than some of my other favorite characters. Lloid is also a pretty safe projectile that I like to use when I'm against Master Beast. I'm definitely not a pro at classic 9.0 though.

Last edited:

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
Done Classic 9.0 with :4marth:! In under 12 minutes as well. Any tips for who to use for 9.0 without customs? I'm thinking :4tlink:, :4jigglypuff: (because I main them), :4shulk: (because monados) or maybe :4falcon: (because knee).

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Done Classic 9.0 with :4marth:! In under 12 minutes as well. Any tips for who to use for 9.0 without customs? I'm thinking :4tlink:, :4jigglypuff: (because I main them), :4shulk: (because monados) or maybe :4falcon: (because knee).
Good job on clearing 9.0 classic with Marth. That can be pretty tricky, especially if you don't main him.

I think it probably makes sense to use a character you main for the 9.0 no customs challenge since you'll be familiar with them. I'd personally lean towards using Toon Link, but that's probably just because he has some projectiles and is a bit heavier than Jigglypuff is. That's just me though. It wouldn't hurt to try it with both of them and see how things go.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I was gonna post something but it turned into a huge wall of text. Short answer I'll give is either go for Toon or Falcon.

I might edit and repost the huge wall of text I was gonna post since it had useful information for anyone who wants to do Classic 9.0. Could always do a video too/instead.

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
I've only done it with my Mii Brawler :4miibrawl: (Who is a balanced character). It was the toughest thing I've encountered in any video game, but I did it and haven't touched 9.0 since.

But one day.. I'll try to finish 9.0 with my five mains. :4mario::4fox::4lucina::4sheik::4ryu:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Done it with every character on 3DS and every character without customs except Mii Brawler on Wii U. Why have I not done it with Brawler on Wii U? Because I'm trying to get Mewtwo to show up in the gold thing on the difficulty screen. Right now, it's Cloud that's showing up even though Mewtwo has the high score. I won't do it with Mii Brawler until I get Mewtwo to appear on that difficulty screen...or after the last of the DLC characters arrive and I finish with them.

Top Bottom