• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters Do You Wish Were Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TealOpal

Smash Rookie
NNID
TealOpal
3DS FC
4468-1543-2301
Are there any characters that you personally like in writing, but just don't get the job done in Smash? Say, a character who you love in their own series, but are sub-par or worse when it comes to Smashing? You want to play as them simply because you like their characters, but they're just not as good as the alternatives.

For me, it'd have to be Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer. These two were my mains at the time that Smash 3DS came out. Palutena, because I love how she's written (as a snarky, playful, yet serious-when-necessary figure), and Wii Fit Trainer, because I simply wanted the title of someone who mained Wii Fit Trainer. After a while, though, I steadily began realizing that these characters didn't much fit the bill, so I swapped to my current and staying main, Luigi. Have any of you ever experienced this?

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Most I have are just a few nitpicks I guess

-I wish Mario had gone back to his Melee self and so on...
-I REALLY wish there was more variety with custom moves... Give Pac-Man his Butt Bounce, Give Wario his Shoulder Bash, Give Sonic a boost. Just some moves from respective games or just something other than variants of existing moves would be nice.

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
Samus hands down. I always found many of her attacks to be to weak and I also find her aerial attacks to not be so useful or extremely difficult to pull of successfully.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4drmario:

He's alright but I wish he was more like his Melee self.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I don't get why Samus is so bad. I don't know about Smash 64, but she was at her "prime" in Melee. They generally shoulda stuck to that.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I just wish my boy :4olimar: was buffed to where all of his aerials had very little to no landing lag, that would be incredible.

but other than that, yeah, I wish he was just buffed in general.

I main him because hes my Favorite Nintendo character, as stated above.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Wii Fit Trainer. The recent buffs help, but I'm still not as dominant as I'd like to be in For Fun. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
:4mewtwo:because he should be a lot stronger based on the PKMN games.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Palutena. Love her but I can't work with her moveset.
Doc compared to melee doc.
Mewtwo could use some weight....say around Peach, Marth, and Lucina

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Charizard by a long shot.

He just feels gimped. I can understand why remove the Glide from Metaknight since he was in need of a nerf and he has multijump anyway, but why did they remove it from Charizard? 3 jumps when theyre barely a hop doesnt cut it.
Also almost all of his attacks just feel...weak...for how big he is. Low priority, moderate damage, and often leave him wide open if you didnt knock your opponent back far enough. A tip that shows during loading screens mentions his wings take no damage so its a good way to attack, but his only wing attacks are either insanely hard to lane, pathetically weak, or just get overpowered and you get hit anyway because they went right through it.
Ive seen a few people play him well but in the end he just feels so damn weak. Even when i just get absolutely crushed by one, it feels like hes working 8x as hard as anyone else to get me.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
:4palutena:
I love Palutena's humor, but I wish she didn't have so much lag on a lot of her moves, and her moveset had more offensive options considering that Palutena's default moveset is made for defensive players.
I also wish that :4megaman: didn't have so much lag on his Smash attacks, but he's great, so Mega Man can stay as he wants. :p

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Palutena... just Palutena. She just doesn't feel right. It's not like Mewtwo either where I can get over it eventually.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think this warrants a thread by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom