• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character would you like more of in tourneys

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I was just wondering what character would people like to see more of in tournaments. I don't mean just being used but actually consistently placing well

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
people would love to see a whole lot of the cast placing well as more variety is always a good thing, and so long as it was anything other then the damn masked bat all the time.

unfortunately, some characters are just too disadvantaged to really stand much a chance, and to make matters worse, for any that could actually stand a chance, MK shuts em down by himself alone. Some characters are literally held back from having any decent results in tournaments from MK and mk alone. And the few MK banned tournaments popping up lately have actually shown this.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
i´d love to see captain falcon being used in tourneys but just like MR. K said most players goes for the best characters in the tier list because when it comes into competitive playing they are the best choice, since tourneys are all about skills and serious playing, the characters with better movements and what-not are the mostly picked up ones.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Peach and Jigglypuff.

Peach because.... She's sort of one of the few "balanced" characters in this game...

Jigglypuff, because I love her. (Even if she sucks.)

Besides them, I would like to see more Yoshis. I hate fighting him, but he takes a lot of skill to master.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Bowser. I have never seen a video of a bowser in a tournament.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
Bowser. I have never seen a video of a bowser in a tournament.
gee...i wonder why.....

in all seriousness though like i said, I'd love nothing more than to see a huge amount more characters in tournaments, but the fact remains that most characters in this game just don't stand much a chance, so there really isn't even any reason to bother picking em. Sure you will see em a lot in friendly matches, but in tournaments there is just no logical reason to pick someone like bowser, ganondorf, link, zelda, samus, c.falcon etc, as most of em are shut down by a lot of the high tiers, and definitely metaknight, so even if someone does decide to pick these characters, to try and break the monotony, the chances of these players really placing very well is extremely low.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
More characters would be possible if you were to use Balanced Brawl for tournaments.

But, y'know, legal issues, balance debates and the sort....

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
jiggly still sucks grim.

:awesome:

you always try to make it sound like she's some terrifying deadly force in brawl.

sooo....why has no one done well with her...like ever? :troll:

either the jiggly players seriously suck to much :troll: to place well and "use" all this hidden potential, or maybe...just maybe the reality is that this "hidden" potential doesn't exist at all.

Regardless, at the end of the day it doesn't matter, people aren't placing well with her, using her enough, w/e, to make her be a threatening character, and she's gonna stay low on the tier list until things change, so if you and the rest of the jiggly players don't like it, than go out and *prove* she's a threat.

over 4 years in the games life and no ones done this yet with her.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
then why is it a lot of the posts i've seen you make were trying to say she's waaay underrepped?

unless that was someone else here....

someone here has constantly gone on and on and on about how jiggly is not even close to where she's currently at on the tier lits. and is pitifully underrepped and has all this "hidden potential" and that they're juts waiting for a jiggly to step it up and show everyone that she actually is a good character. Which they've been saying since like...the games release.

i could of sworn it was you.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I do say a lot of *similar* things about Puff, it's possible you read too far into my fanboying :p

1. I believe she is slightly underrated on the tier list - I think she is better than Falcon and Bowser, personally (but when you're that low it doesn't really matter anyway).

2. I think a lot of her MUs are overrated in the favour of the other character (a lot of her -2s should be -1s, and some -3s should be -2s), but nothing significant enough to make a big impact.

3. A lot of people don't understand why she is bad, because she seems like a very linear character, and people tried (and failed) to play her linearly early on which created a lot of misconceptions about her - most notably the idea that characters like G&W can just throw hitboxes out and counter her entirely.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ah well than forgive me.

just seems like i really remember someone making a huge deal about puff that she was high tier material a long time ago...and got into a huge debate on one of the tier list threads for like 2-3 pages long.

but that was a long tiem ago.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I overrated her heaps a few years ago, but I don't think I would've rode her meat as hard as I do now because this was back when I mained MK... So I can't remember fussing about her being high tier

I wouldn't put it past me though, you probably remember correctly

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'd like to see more Falcon, to be honest. The thing is, the only way we'd see more characters not in high tier or higher is by having tournaments that are mid/low tier only.

Top Bottom