• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character was considered "OP" in your group of friends?

Stom

Smash Rookie
In our group, long before we got "serious", Link/Young Link were considered almost the best because their down airs were just "too good." But the most OP was always considered Kirby. His recovery, Down-B, and Hammer were just "too good" when we played. Of course now that we're somewhat decent overall at the game and play in a sort of competitive way with each other, as well as follow the comp. scene we've all realized that Link and Young Link aren't very good at all and Kirby is just awful.

Kirby will always be the ban to my existence. Actually, just RRR's crouch.

As far as the topic... I never played anyone other than like two or three people growing up. I do however recall thinking that Fox was a pain in the butt as a CPU. They kept jabbing you and as soon as you got around to hitting them they recovered more quickly than you only to attack you again. Turns out fox is good :p

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
That would imply I have friends, so I'll dig deep in my memory and think back to when I did. But I'm pretty sure that Kirby, Roy, Link and maybe Fox or Pikachu were considered OP. But even as a kid I knew that Roy was a piece of ****.

I have seen a number of these threads in the past and I am sort of surprised how often its the main cast that seem to dominate. Hardly ever have I seen someone say something like Doc or Luigi was really stupid.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
Falco was always considered the best before we knew about the competitive scene, and Captain Falcon was the runner up. The easy to perform Side-Special + Up-Special which could become Side-Special + Knee was glorious.
Keep in mind that because of my YouTube searches we were aware of wavedashing, L-cancelling, ledgeguarding/hogging, all that jazz. We just didn't know there were actual tourneys and stuff. Also, we were like 14-15 yrs old.

Twitchy

Smash Cadet
lol in my freshman year of highschool there was a group of kids that played Brawl and they banned Meta Knight from their group because of his SS tier placing.

They also banned Ike because "A fully charged up smash that can KO at 40% is just unfair".

Top Bottom