• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character(s) do you struggle beating the most?

Shen_Jehuty

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-3102-6095
Of course in the right hands, what character is Sm4sh gives you the most trouble in 1v1?

Personally, I have a very hard time with skilled :4link::4mario::4sheik::4tlink: players. I feel like everyone else I have moderate to tons of success beating, even in the hands of a skilled player, but these four I struggle to beat quite often.

LudwigKoopa

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moostache15
I got peed on by a good Duck Hunt 2 or 3 times, then I randomly whipped out Pac-man and dominated. Either a good matchup or that person had trouble w/ Pac man. A few Greninjas gave me trouble as well.
Most characters have solid counterpicks, so nothing totally ruined me.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
A Sheik was totally whipping me just a few hours ago, I felt like putting my 3DS away in a box for a few hours.

But from general experiences, I have so much trouble fighting Zero Suit Samus, Pac-Man and Duck Hunt. Especially ZSS, I just can't do anything against her. :(

Akhenderson

Smash Apprentice
I always seem to have issues with ganondorf, as I forget his wizard punch has armor now, and his moves are much quicker
This is pretty much what I have difficulty as well. If I don't respect Ganondorf's newfound speed within his tilt moves and his rather large range in his attacks, I get bopped pretty hard and I die earlier than usual. I usually have to resort to a little projectile game to zone him out until he stops getting crazy with his attacks and learns to be a little more conservative.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:4lucario: and :4zss:

They never die and I find so hard to land hits on them. Lucario in special is annoying with its Aura bullcrap :c

Spirst

:4sonic: :4peach: and :4lucario: are generally the characters that give me a bit of a hard time. Sonic outspeeds Greninja and forces me to be more defensive while Peach is tricky to maneuver around. Lucario is just annoying as hell with that aura buff and recovery.

StormBuster

Smash Rookie
So far Rosalina and Zero Suit Samus have proven to be the biggest obstacles for me. Zero Suit seems to have an answer for anything I throw at her and I just don't understand how to play Rosalina at all yet.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
In general: :4yoshi::4lucario:
As Lucina: :4tlink::4zss::rosalina::4greninja::4bowserjr:(Good/Decent BJ players, anyway. The ones that just spam dash attack are laughably easy to beat.)

rawcomrade91

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3411-1935-6585
I mostly run into Little Macs and they're the ones that usually give me trouble. I lost 3 straight matches against Little Mac with 3 different characters, then I brought out Mega Man and won.

Maybe I just need to keep distance and that's why Mega Man worked. Most of his moves are projectile-based.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Browser >:-(

It would LOVE to battle a Bowser that does not use Bowsercide lol I try my best to stay in the center or the stage yet eventually Bowser will catch me after a recovery, and down we go !

Do any of you consider this as a "cheap" or "broken" move? Or is it "fair game" ..... opinions please

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

It would LOVE to battle a Bowser that does not use Bowsercide lol

Do any of you consider this as a "cheap" or "broken" move? Or is it "fair game" ..... opinions please
Only when I am desparate.

ChooChoo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4399-0342-2350
:4pacman:
His side special seems to out prioritize everything I throw at him, and that goddamn key he gets with his B neutral is just ridiculous. And if we get to the air, we can add the fire hydrant to the mix. I'm considering disconnecting when I see one and just go to All-Star mode until the ten minutes pass, that's how frustrating it is.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Rosalina and Luma tries to say no to projectiles (Gravitational Pull), free movement (Luma and Rosalina spaced apart), and combos (Luma being beside Rosalina). She's incredibly light fortunately so once I figure out which moves are best to combat my annoyances with her it should become a whole lot easier to take her down, but right now she is easily the most troublesome.

Jasir

Smash Rookie
Definitely zero suit samus. She is really hard to deal with. People love spamming her dash attack and down b. Sheik also gives me a very difficult time, with her almost guaranteed fair after down throw or up throw. I absolutely love fighting characters that have no projectiles and I show my respect by not using any projectiles if I have chosen a character with that benefit

warionumbah2

Smash Master
-Link

-Sonic(especially mirror so tedious)

-Sheik(top tier character abused a lot)

-Smart Mac(Rare species and most dangerous)

Greninja and ZSS would also fit in but they are in my 'good character so they'll be used a lot' book any other character i don't generally struggle with.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Why do soo many people HATE Mac? They talk about scrubby spammy nooby and unskilled Mac players who all lack strategy or even the merest forethought LOL but then they say "I always best them, or they are no trouble after I x his y then I z... then I win"

On that note, he DOES give me trouble, provided he does not jump+sideb over the edge of the stage and generally sticks to center stage and does not try to edge guard. I still like him though, I still get a kick out of characters who are at the wrong end of a perfectly placed hit from Mac that results in their exit from the screen at mach 3 .... even when it is me who is getting KO'ed LOL

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

It would LOVE to battle a Bowser that does not use Bowsercide lol I try my best to stay in the center or the stage yet eventually Bowser will catch me after a recovery, and down we go !

I go for Bowsercide if the opportunity presents itself. I usually go for it once or twice when I'm a stock up, but if I don't land it they usually get wise to it and punish me. Way I see it, if I land a Bowsercide more than once it's their fault for letting me do it.

Edit: On the main topic, :rosalina:'s a big pain in the tookus on the rare occasion I fight one.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I got #rekt by a skilled japanese :4zelda:. My mains:4falcon:, :4wario2:, :4luigi:, :4marth: couldn't even touch her!

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I used to have trouble with ZSS. Then I just used Yoshi. YOSHI SO GUD THO

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Whenever I play :4larry: I keep getting whipped by:4zss: :4lucina::4marth::4robinf:...
My:4bowser:keeps losing to :4duckhunt::4zss:...
My :4rob: keeps dieing to :4lucina::4marth::4robinf:...

What was that about Marth being nerfed?

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
I go for Bowsercide if the opportunity presents itself. I usually go for it once or twice when I'm a stock up, but if I don't land it they usually get wise to it and punish me. Way I see it, if I land a Bowsercide more than once it's their fault for letting me do it.

Edit: On the main topic, :rosalina:'s a big pain in the tookus on the rare occasion I fight one.

Exactly how.can you avoid/break the grab?

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Pac-man is annoying if I'm not using Falco, to many zoning tools I struggle to deal with. Greninja because that wind box on his up B is weird.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Exactly how.can you avoid/break the grab?
Play near center. Stay out of his range, use projectiles if you got em. The initial grab's got pretty poor range. Immediately punish it if he whiffs. If a Bowser is actively going for Side B and missing he can get bopped for it easily. Also, Bowsercide only works if you're at a higher % than him, otherwise the grabbed player has control of the trajectory.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
I try to stay center stage and also make use of Links projectiles.... I just need to practice more. I hold them off for a time but always seem to make a mistake and am always punished with that damn grab lol. That is one move I do not utilize often because I hate having both fingers constantly on the bumpers. I need a 3DS xl grip or a gcc adapter (I can dream.... right?)

Reetrider

Smash Rookie
I haven't played too many matches <150 but Lucina and Bowser are the two that come to mind. I have yet to see the full roster though.

EclipseSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHeroOfHylia
3DS FC
5043-3010-8901
Im so bad versus Marth and Lucina. This is my first Smash game ive played "competitively" so i have no ****ing idea how to deal with Marth.

Top Bottom