• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What can Sonic do against Lucario's aerials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

'V'

Smash Lord
I just started to pick up Sonic not too long ago and I was playing a friendly with a friend who seconds Lucario.

I noticed that Lucario's F-air and D-air both limit Sonic's follow-up game due to the range, priority, and speed that they have over Sonic's moves. Any strategies you guys might wanna share to help out?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Try shielding them.

Quickly attack OoS or hold it longer.

If they're improperly spaced, you you can FTilt.

Everything said above is easier said then done.

P.S., if you need further assistance, we have a place like the FAQ or the MU thread, which could use some revival.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Nothing.

/thread

no but srsly, this is a haaard matchup. Stay away from Lucario in the air, unless you're coming in with a well-spaced Bair or Uair. OR they messed up and you're punishing lag, but for this you must have been already en-route to the Lucario, since our aerial acceleration is so bad... so it means they messed up.

On the ground........ spring out of shield to get away from juggles, and hope you can land safely after. This might be one of our only options if they're repeatedly Dairing you on a weak shield.... if this even has a guaranteed window of success (I think it does). But also remember to angle your shield up.

Lucario has some obvious follow-ups in his ground game, so learn what they are and where/when he'll expect you to shield (and so be coming in with a grab), etc. Escape if your punisher might not work. Lucarios love to bait punishment during their combos, when they know you don't have time to punish things (like their stupid Fsmash lolol).

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Learn to DI out of Dair if you can, as it's often really easy to see coming. Just stay away from Lucario in the air. Instead, it's better to grab him as he lands. You usually have time for that due to his floatiness and Sonic's speed. Also, start your Fair early if you're 100% sure it'll hit offstage. This makes it much harder to DI back into the stage.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Rather you try not fighting him in the air and more on the ground.
When he is ready to land you go in for the grab or a spin dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom