• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What buffs would you want for Roy?

godogod

Smash Ace
Further reducing landing lag/end lag on aerials would be great at this point. Down aerial having less lag in general needs to happen imo. Too risky to use when out of the stage unless an enemy is literally grabbing on the ledge.

I agree, he needs combos at mid percent for sure.

D

Deleted member

Patch 1.1.6

:4feroy: is replaced by:roypm:.

kappa

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Buff Flare Blade to deal more damage, do less damage to roy by using it when fully charged, and it doesn't take as long to charge.

godogod

Smash Ace
I'm assuming you want more power for uncharged flare blades?Power wise, I think he's fine. You can charge up to 48% without taking recoil damage. What about making it useful for edge guarding? Increasing his hitbox on flareblade to be similar to Ike's would be great for uses near the edge.

I think it would be nice to have his double-edge dance actually slow his fall speed momentum down (the first hit) like melee. /:

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I'm joking, but sure. One thing I also dislike is how both Roy and Ike have Neutral Bs that take about the same time to charge, do 10% to the user, but eruption does less damage. Kinda perturbs me.
But yeah, Eruption is a great edgeguarding move, @Munomario777 has made a suggestion for Eruption to meteor smash. I think if Flare Blade had just as large a hitbox as Eruption and also meteor smash the two would be amazing edgeguarding tools.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
While I do want to see a few buffs on Roy, mostly Endlag buffs (throws, Jab, though particular Utilt and Dsmash, since Marth got that) But what I really want the most is his recovery fixed up. While increased Vertical and horizontal would be nice, I want them to fix up when his facing away from the ledge. Cause he never grabs the ledge at the apex of the move if he is facing away, even if he is in line with the ledge. It's really annoying and has resulted in many self deaths for me.

Really, the only other thing could be maybe some damage buffs and fair start up reduce, but really, Roy is great how he is.

:135:

Last edited:

Serew

Smash Apprentice
I personally am happy with Roy as he is, but something i'd love to see: Disjointed hands / arms. it would help alot with aerials especially :p

Top Bottom