• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What buff needs jigglypuff?

Principe Momopato

Smash Rookie
:4jigglypuff: I love jigg because is funny her game and is really cute ( i think is the cutiest character in ssb)
I see her so interesting but she is no like melee (the brawl nerf hurt her so much)
I want sakurai buff her in next patches.
But what buffs she need?
I miss the back air combos and up smash usable but what do you think ? what buff needs jiggz?

Last edited:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Im...

Im sorry...

Could you, at the very least, just make sure your grammar is in some way acceptable before posting something like this?

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
No, the title's right. Some buffs need Jigglypuff to make them noticeable, like the Fair and Dair buffs. Oh, and I've noticed the Utilt buff needing some lovin' from Jiggs

BlackCore8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BLCore
:4jigglypuff: I love jigg because is funny her game and is really cute ( i think is the cutiest character in ssb)
I see her so interesting but she is no like melee (the brawl nerf hurt her so much)
I want sakurai buff her in next patches.
But what buffs she need?
I miss the back air combos and up smash usable but what do you think ? what buff needs jiggz?
I think jigglypuff needs less end lag on all her smash attacks, and a bigger hit box on rest and sing I suppose. Her air game is alright with me.

Furret24

Smash Master
Buff doesn't need Jigglypuff. If anything, it's the other way around! :troll:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Im...

Im sorry...

Could you, at the very least, just make sure your grammar is in some way acceptable before posting something like this?
It may be this user is not quite fluent in English.

I think Jiggs need a bigger hitbox on Sing and Rest, and throws that lead into attacks.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
It may be this user is not quite fluent in English.

I think Jiggs need a bigger hitbox on Sing and Rest, and throws that lead into attacks.
The rest hitbox is perfect, it's the biggest it's ever been. I would enjoy a dthrow change, we'd prob get one like charizard so we couldnt dthrow rest at kill percents.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
For :174:s, what I really want to see is a new "shield stagnation" mechanic on Pound(:GCR::GCB:), for example if Pound hits the opponent while their shielding, it should only do the exact same amount of damage to the shield that it currently does but with a new side effect. The side effect is that the shield can't regenerate for 15 seconds, which means shield is no longer safe on Jigglypuff, which would mean Puff would now have another way around one of her most detrimental weaknesses this game.

Furret24

Smash Master
For :174:s, what I really want to see is a new "shield stagnation" mechanic on Pound(:GCR::GCB:), for example if Pound hits the opponent while their shielding, it should only do the exact same amount of damage to the shield that it currently does but with a new side effect. The side effect is that the shield can't regenerate for 15 seconds, which means shield is no longer safe on Jigglypuff, which would mean Puff would now have another way around one of her most detrimental weaknesses this game.
That sounds like a great idea for Brawl- Jigglypuff.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
That sounds like a great idea for Brawl- Jigglypuff.
Ouch. If you don't mind me asking, is it the amount of time it lasts or is it the effect itself that you think is broken/Brawl Minus like?

Furret24

Smash Master
Ouch. If you don't mind me asking, is it the amount of time it lasts or is it the effect itself that you think is broken/Brawl Minus like?
Kinda both, since Jigglypuff could essentially make shields useless against her, much like Game and Watch in Melee.

Plus, what's stopping people from spamming it?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
The rest hitbox is perfect, it's the biggest it's ever been. I would enjoy a dthrow change, we'd prob get one like charizard so we couldnt dthrow rest at kill percents.
I haven't really played as Jigglupuff in any other Smash game, so to me, the hitbox seems super small. The reason I say this is because sometimes I am standing next to the opponent, touching them, and Rest does not hit them. Again, I haven't put a whole lot of time into Jiggs, so I'm not sure what exactly the properties of her moves are.

I think throw changes would be super beneficial, though. Any throw that allows Jiggly to hit the opponent easier with aerials would really help. From what I have seen, opponents can easily escape an oncoming attack after being thrown by Jigglypuff.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Kinda both, since Jigglypuff could essentially make shields useless against her, much like Game and Watch in Melee.

Plus, what's stopping people from spamming it?
The way I see it is that Pound's a punish move, but as it stands right now, I don't feel like it incurs enough of a penalty for the opposition, and since Jigglypuff's weakness is shield, I think shield should be heavily weakened as a option after successfully landing a move mean't to punish shield. Shields are such a strong option this time around against Puff that if you were to land a pound I'm completely fine with stripping most of the power that option has to offer for the opponent. Basically, since Jigglypuff's aerials are countered by shield, I feel that she should have a option that would make people less likely and less willing to shield.

Unfortunately though I can't answer what exactly would stop it from being spammed, since to be honest I can't really see or understand why someone would spam such a easy move to dodge in the first place and actually expect to hit someone's shield that way, and I don't think it would ever be viable to just simply spam Pound.

Furret24

Smash Master
The way I see it is that Pound's a punish move, but as it stands right now, I don't feel like it incurs enough of a penalty for the opposition, and since Jigglypuff's weakness is shield, I think shield should be heavily weakened as a option after successfully landing a move mean't to punish shield. Shields are such a strong option this time around against Puff that if you were to land a pound I'm completely fine with stripping most of the power that option has to offer for the opponent. Basically, since Jigglypuff's aerials are countered by shield, I feel that she should have a option that would make people less likely and less willing to shield.

Unfortunately though I can't answer what exactly would stop it from being spammed, since to be honest I can't really see or understand why someone would spam such a easy move to dodge in the first place and actually expect to hit someone's shield that way, and I don't think it would ever be viable to just simply spam Pound.
It would be if you could either nullify their shields for 15 seconds, then do it again after a period of time, making it very difficult to protect yourself from Jigglytuff reliably.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I just think Jiggs could use a lot less end lag in moves like fair and bair to avoid getting shut down by shields and retreat after a well spaced aerial. It'd also help her combo game a lot, so there's that

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If you mean buff as in one, singular buff, then I would say make her up throw a KO move. That alone would do wonders for Her Jigglyness. If you mean buffs as in plural, then making her down throw a combo throw and making her smash attacks good would be a step in the right direction.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Pound is fine if used right. just have to wait until you've already poked the shield once or twice. and yes, my opponent was predictable on those rolls, I just don't have a better replay for a puff shield break anymore.

Honestly, if anything, I think puff's aerials need to apply slightly more shield stun. Not enough that they can get hit with a pound right after an aerial, just enough she can shield or dodge after a shielded aerial. She doesn't have a whole lot of landing lag on many of her aerials, but even then she doesn't even get to touch the ground before the opponent can react if they shield. Throws you can follow up would be nice too. Just something so that the answer to puff isn't "Shield and laugh"

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Make it the same as Melee's Jigglypuff

And watch as Hungrybox take ZeRo's throne and becomes the new #1 character. and Sheik becomes an underrated low-mid tier to the point where most people consider her bottom 3.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Make it the same as Melee's Jigglypuff

And watch as Hungrybox take ZeRo's throne and becomes the new #1 character. and Sheik becomes an underrated low-mid tier to the point where most people consider her bottom 3.
But I like my back air that KOs from the other side of the stage. Although, useable smash attacks would be nice...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Increased hitbox duration on D-smash so that Jigglypuff can more reliably kill ledge snaps with it. That above anything else is the single best buff she could receive imo.

Furret24

Smash Master
And then Jigglypuff's up smash is frame 16 and is equally as pathetic.
Actually, it kills at 136%, which is considerably better than killing at 209%, even when they're both compared to their respective types.

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I think it should be faster. It's the fifth weakest in the game yet it starts frame 14.
it might be weak, but due to the angle it fires opponents at, it can kill anyone without good horizontal recovery. For example, Mac eating puff's downsmash above 20% is just dead(based on stage position and % of course)

And even if it doesn't kill, if it shoots them off stage, puff has the advantage against most characters because again, they're offstage horizontal and slightly below, that doesn't leave many options for several characters to fend off puff and still make it back to the stage.

Downsmash's startup and ending are the only really bad parts to it. If it hits? congraulations, you probably can cement a kill off it. If it misses(which it probably will), you're probably getting punished hard.

::Edit:: Yes, I'm agreeing it should be faster. just saying the actual damage and knockback it does aren't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
it might be weak, but due to the angle it fires opponents at, it can kill anyone without good horizontal recovery. For example, Mac eating puff's downsmash above 20% is just dead(based on stage position and % of course)

And even if it doesn't kill, if it shoots them off stage, puff has the advantage against most characters because again, they're offstage horizontal and slightly below, that doesn't leave many options for several characters to fend off puff and still make it back to the stage.

Downsmash's startup and ending are the only really bad parts to it. If it hits? congraulations, you probably can cement a kill off it. If it misses(which it probably will), you're probably getting punished hard.

::Edit:: Yes, I'm agreeing it should be faster. just saying the actual damage and knockback it does aren't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.
Oh, but they are. 10% with piss poor range and doesn't kill until well past 200%. And if a character as fast as Mac gets hit by such a slow move, he deserves the inevitable doom he's going to face.

Furret24

Smash Master

The problem is that almost every character in this game can recover, even from the bottom corners of the stage. It has very little use due to it's slow speed, making it fairly easy to block.

Like MarioMeteor said, Mac is so fast on the ground, he really shouldn't be getting hit by the move at all.

Edit: Partially :4greninja:'d. Hmm, Nerfinja is starting to look a bit too strong. Better nerf him.

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Again, yes, I know it's slow. not saying it isn't. But lets look at it this way.

Mac and Duck Hunt, if they get hit by it, are just dead. Mac doesn't have the recovery, and in the position it puts you, duck hunt is helpless to avoid puff's chase and is essentially dead. Ike is probably dead as well depending on his % and the location on stage you hit him, and it's not hard to downsmash him to punish a dodged smash. No, you probably aren't going to hit a decent mac with it, and you sure as hell won't hit a good mac with it(you shouldn't really be playing a good mac with puff anyways.)

Rosalina, Pit, and Dark Pit are just going to get hit away/bounced off the lip as they try and recover, as they're going to have to use their :GCU::GCB:. It's not as guaranteed as as stopping DH, but they're still put in a bad position for the MU.

Ness you can just hop out there and eat the PK thunder before he hits himself with it. Ryu all you have to do is hit him after he uses his double jump and he probably won't make it back, just need to stop him from using an upward >b after the downsmash.

In fact, aside from ZSS, Zelda, palutena, mewtwo, pikachu, Lucas, and ROB, most of the characters will have a hard time recovering if you know how to approach their recovery with puff.

If you get the read and hit them with a downsmash, you can then followup and get kills as low as 30%. downsmash isn't a move to use for directly killing, it's used to set up gimps and WoP. So again, the problem lies with the speed of the move, which I agree, is way too slow for a move that doesn't directly kill.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Again, yes, I know it's slow. not saying it isn't. But lets look at it this way.

Mac and Duck Hunt, if they get hit by it, are just dead. Mac doesn't have the recovery, and in the position it puts you, duck hunt is helpless to avoid puff's chase and is essentially dead. Ike is probably dead as well depending on his % and the location on stage you hit him, and it's not hard to downsmash him to punish a dodged smash. No, you probably aren't going to hit a decent mac with it, and you sure as hell won't hit a good mac with it(you shouldn't really be playing a good mac with puff anyways.)

Rosalina, Pit, and Dark Pit are just going to get hit away/bounced off the lip as they try and recover, as they're going to have to use their :GCU::GCB:. It's not as guaranteed as as stopping DH, but they're still put in a bad position for the MU.

Ness you can just hop out there and eat the PK thunder before he hits himself with it. Ryu all you have to do is hit him after he uses his double jump and he probably won't make it back, just need to stop him from using an upward >b after the downsmash.

In fact, aside from ZSS, Zelda, palutena, mewtwo, pikachu, Lucas, and ROB, most of the characters will have a hard time recovering if you know how to approach their recovery with puff.

If you get the read and hit them with a downsmash, you can then followup and get kills as low as 30%. downsmash isn't a move to use for directly killing, it's used to set up gimps and WoP. So again, the problem lies with the speed of the move, which I agree, is way too slow for a move that doesn't directly kill.
Like said before, it is just too slow to land for the most part. Even if you do land it, it's so weak, your opponents will hardly go anywhere, even at 100%. A lot of characters have stupidly good recoveries, making them nearly impossible to gimp, which is one reason why Jigglypuff is so bad in this game.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Like said before, it is just too slow to land for the most part. Even if you do land it, it's so weak, your opponents will hardly go anywhere, even at 100%. A lot of characters have stupidly good recoveries, making them nearly impossible to gimp, which is one reason why Jigglypuff is so bad in this game.
No, jigglypuff's problem is how good shielding is in this game and how unsafe EVERYTHING she has is on shield.

Also if you would bother to read what I type, I have said multiple times that yes, THE MOVE IS SLOW, I AM NOT SAYING IT IS NOT. can you read it now?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

The big word here is "if." IF you hit somebody with it, they could die at 39%, but that's never going to happen. That's why we want it buffed. It's a good idea on paper, much like a lot of Jigglypuff's moves, but the execution of it is so poor that the chances of you doing anything with the damn move are nonexistent. The only Mac you'll be hitting down smash on is a For Glory Mac. In a serious match, you're going to get shielded, and most likely punished, every time.
All these hypothetical situations are dandy and all, but I'm afraid that they're not going to come to fruition as long as this pathetic excuse for a move stays the way it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom