• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What aspects of Brawl are you disappointed with?

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
I myself don't like the following:

-Too many glitches (they delay it for 3 months and they haven't fixed the bugs)

-They took out decent charcaters. They could have reworked Roy and Mewtwo was fine as-is.

-unnecessary characters where real characters should've been in. (C'mon ROB? Wolf? We need F-zero/Metroid reps or Isaac, who's only an assist trophy, but better than nothing.)

How 'bout you?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I think we'll work out how to avoid glitches eventually. The only thing that disappoints me at this point is too many copied Final Smashes. Every character should have had their own. Come on, Toon Triforce Slash? That's a huge cop out. I can think of a dozen more appropriate Final Smashes for Toon Link. And don't get me started on Landmasters (well, at least they're pretty decent).

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link had SOOO much potential too. Well at least Shadow's an AT, I hope at least Mewtwo can be as well.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
-Not enough bosses in Subspace Emissary

Meh.

-Only five Target Test stages

WTF Seriously?!?! I thought everyone ahd their own!

-Cloned Final Smashes

Lame boo Sakurai.

-No Ridley

In as a boss. Twice.

Phalanx

Smash Rookie
-Lack of target test
-The addition of final smashes
-removed missile cancelling

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
-Loading Time
-Some unnecessary characters like Snake
-Not many Melee stages
-Have to unlock characters for more events
-Sonic's final smash
-Copy characters
-Copy Final Smashes

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
-Lack of target test
-The addition of final smashes
-removed missile cancelling
QFT on #2, the fact that they copied final smashes makes them a lot less special. That makes me not want them in the game at all + they are means of unbalancing the game, both with items on, or items off.

-the overhype made me very angry (sakuria's fault)
-SSE gameplay is god awful, and repeatitive
-Roster seems to be thrown together, and filler character clones still exsist. (I. E. toon link).

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
-Loading Time
-Some unnecessary characters like ROB
-Not many Melee stages
-Have to unlock characters for more events
-Sonic's final smash
-Copy characters
-Copy Final Smashes
Corrected;)

I'd also add "Lack of Mewtwo, Ridley and Plusle&Minum".

C'mon, Sakurai, Plusle&Minum would have been an infinitely better "WTF?" character than ROB.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Characters: Wolf, Toon Link. (Just don't like the former, the latter is redundant since we already have Link.)
Exclusion of Mewtwo.
Return of true clones (especially Ganondorf).
Luigified clones having cloned Final Smashes.
Lack of individualized target test.

Thats it. The good far outweighs the bad. And yes, R.O.B. is among the good in my opinion.

Zevox

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
-There should be at circa 45 characters.
-Some stages seems onesided.
-The subspace emisarry dont puts enough focus on the story.

But besides that, the game is perfect.

hXd

Smash Cadet
The only thing that really bugs me about Brawl is the online mode: No voice chat + crappy friend system + no rankings= useless online mode.

There are also some characters that could have been excluded, like Wolf, Toon Link and ROB. Instead I would have put in Simon Belmont, Arthur (Ghosts & Goblins), and a Black Mage (Final Fantasy) to add some originality to the roster. Oh and there's still clones, that bothers me too.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I didn't say it was bad i'm just disappointed with sonic's final smash, it's waaaaaay too fast.
:crazy:

Please, someone tell me I'm not the only one who finds this a ridiculous thing to be disappointed in.

Zevox

Deep2

Smash Apprentice

Please, someone tell me I'm not the only one who finds this a ridiculous thing to be disappointed in.

Zevox
Seriously, check out youtube, sonic's final smash, it's so hard to control him, and it's hard to kill people from zero percent with it, maybe at 80% u can kill them but not at 40% less.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Seriously, check out youtube, sonic's final smash, it's so hard to control him, and it's hard to kill people from zero percent with it, maybe at 80% u can kill them but not at 40% less.
I've seen it, and if you ask me its precisely what it should be, but thats not the point. I'm talking about the paradox of being disappointed in the insane speed of a character who is based on exactly that. What else did you expect, really?

Zevox

SGX

Smash Journeyman
- Slow falling
- Aerial landing lag on certain characters (If they removed L-canceling, they should have reduced the lag on a lot of aerials) *cough*Ganon*cough*
- Many things about the "with anyone" wifi matches

Otherwise I'm pretty happy. It's still a great game, and I know I'll be playing it for years.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
I've seen it, and if you ask me its precisely what it should be, but thats not the point. I'm talking about the paradox of being disappointed in the insane speed of a character who is based on exactly that. What else did you expect, really?

Zevox
In my opinion they should have added more moves than just flying around. :mario:

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Krystal, she had everything going for her yet got overlooked. I don't mind Wolfs inclusion but Falco?! What made him more special than Roy, Pichu or Dr.Mario?

Mario - Bowser - Peach

Link - Ganandorf - Zelda

Fox - Wolf - Krys...Oh wait my mistake, it's that pointless smart mouthed bird.

No Ridley, K.Rool or Bowser.Jr.

Lack of stage design options, there should have been theme options (Mario, LoZ, Pokemon etc...)

Ganandorf still having the same moveset, the biggest example of lazy game design.

Brawl has alot of things going for it, ALOT of things. But it also wasted so many oppurtunities. I would have given up 20 music tracks for ganandorf to have some different B moves.

RedLink555

Smash Cadet
Pros:
-no stupid characters(extra pokemon, tom nook, geno)
-everything else

Cons:
-copy final smashes
-no voice chat

Pyrate_Yoster

Smash Rookie
Target Tests
Yoshi's final smash ( seriously how are you expected to kill someone with that?)
No Roy.

This game will still be as epic as ever, but nothings perfect.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
I'm not that satisfied with the roster, or the cloned Final Smashes. And I was expecting they'd have at least the same amount of stages from a franchise as characters, but I can always make the stages.

But the main problem is that the roster is underwhelming to me, considering the Melee roster more than doubled the SSB64 roster. And then the subsequent kick in the nuts is that Ness, Young Link, Falco and Wolf don't have their own Final Smashes, when they all had pretty good potential for unique ones.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
- Toon Link
- Cloned FS
- The quite monotonous way SSE plays out
- Tripping
- Cloned characters
- No Mewtwo

Other that, it's the best game ever.

User33

Smash Journeyman
The aspect of Brawl I hate most is the message boards dedicated to game, with people *****ing about it 24/7 when they haven't played it.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Some people are never going to stop *****ing about the roster, it would seem...
Oh, also, I'm very pissed that Toon Link is a clone, that was definitely the worst thing about the roster. Not to ***** about the roster or anything. ;0

Machete

Smash Ace
-Only 35 characters. I expected more, although 35 isn't that bad.
-The exclusion of an original and deserving Melee character: Mewtwo.
-Underrepresented sagas (like Metroid or F-Zero).
-Lack of some returning stages (Dreamland 64, Sector Z, Peach's castle, Saffron City...)
-Ganondorf's and Toon Link's cloned movesets. Especially Ganondorf's.:(
-Wolf's, Falco's and Toon Link's Final Smashes.
-Lack of Poltergust in Luigi's moveset.
-Lack of some items.
-No alternate costumes beyond Overalls Wario. The "clone" characters of Melee (Pichu, Dr. Mario and Roy) deserved that.
-Few bosses.

That's all. If Brawl had that, it'd be the perfect game IMO. However, I can't complain. Brawl looks freaking awesome.

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
I like the clones, especially Ness, TL, and Ganondorf.

"With Anyone" is limited, but i don't blame Sakurai, that's more of Nintendo's fault.

I just don't like 3 landmasters/ 2 triforce slashes.

Having same target test don't bother me, as it'll be cool seeing people coming up with crazy ways to beat them with certain characters. In fact, I like SAME TARGET TESTS MORE.

Put's on flame sheild.

Top Bottom