• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what are your worst smash habits

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I have a few
1.I will press l/r and a at the same time making me grab
2.if I play a lot of smash4 I will run off the stage and do a nair attack making me kill my self
3.I will think about other things (mainly techs like wavedashing)then I'm not focusing on the battle making me worse

Foo

Smash Lord
My worst habit is trying to play faster in intense games. When I'm wavedashing in my dashdance in an intense game, I may try to wavedash faster and end up fullhopping. I miss l-cancels and aerials because I try to shffl and fastfall before I actually can and etc. I've gotten a lot better about it though.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
My worst smash habit is playing Smash 4. Since whenever I play it, then go back to Project M. It gives me like ten bad habits I need to correct. Hahaha.

Seriously though, my worst habit is probably being predictable and abusing grabs/throws way too much. I do main Ike, but still. Need to focus more on the spacing.

Celestis

Smash Ace
I'm to aggressive. Gets me in trouble when someone knows how to play well cause I am not good at being defensive!

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Doing fast falls before the peak of my jumps
Doing a down smash then trying to do a running jump after but instead do a jump at walking speed.
Sometimes I forgot I used all my jumps and end up dieing trying to jump when I'm off the ledge.
I also have a really wierd habit of trying to do a full hop but I move my control stick so slow that my jump doesn't register. This happens when I'm off the ledge
I also try to attack someone when they are on the ground even when I know they are going to get up attack
Sometimes i forget I can shield
I try to shield grab by pressing z out of my shield
After landing an aireal I press my next input so fast it doesn't register because my end lag hasn't ended.
Pretty much I play too fast for my character, I should main fox.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I use horizontal Final Cutter way too much. Which really causes problems for me in 3.5 since it eats jumps even if I get hit out of it.

toro194

Smash Rookie
air dodging off stage trying to wavedash onto the ledge. BibleThump

GabPR

Smash Lord
Up b dair ocasionally when under too much pressure. That and staying on shield a bit too long vs really agresive characters.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
"If I dont kill him now, it'll never end"

*reaches alll the way off stage for suicide kills*

i lose 2-3 stocks per match because i love to chase people with lucario's down and up B's with cancels

TreK

Is "that guy"
It has to be underestimating people after I pull off a big win.

Last tourney we were only 10 so we had a 10 men pool which I won, followed by an 8 men bracket, in which I placed second to last.

It also happened several times in the past where I would just sleep on someone I 3-0'd last tourney and they'd clutch it out against me the next time.

That's what I need to work on the most right now imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom