• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your top 10 best video games?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I can only list 10? No way, you're getting 20 and liking it!

1) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2) Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
3) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4) Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
6) Paper Mario
7) Dark Souls
8) Final Fantasy X
9) Tales of Vesperia
10) Soul Calibur
11) Super Mario Bros. 3
12) The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
13) Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
14) Mortal Kombat (2011)
15) Resident Evil 4
16) Kid Icarus: Uprising
17) Super Smash Bros. Melee
18) Super Mario 3D World
19) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (HD)
20) Sonic the Hedgehog

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
You know making a top 10 list is really tough. I based most of mine on time played and nastolgic value

I would have loved to list battletoads, final fantasy 7, final fantasy tactics, metroid prime, contra series, bionic commando, mega man 3-6, chrono trigger, star tropics. With so many games I have played listing a top 10 is hard. I'm also neglecting world of warcraft, counter strike, battlefield it goes on and on and on

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I need to change my list. Mass Effect has taken over my life and I regret not playing it earlier out of anger for Bioware refusing to continue the KotOR series.

Biggest mistake ever.

D

Deleted member

1. starcraft 1
2. Melee
3. Counterstrike 1.6
4. Alundra 1 (ps1) - Zelda ripoff that's in my opinion, better than the 2d zeldas
5. Majora's Mask
6. Sonic 3 and Knuckles
7. Xenogears/ Final Fantasy Tactics (ps1) / Chrono Trigger
8. Link's Awakening
9. Paper Mario (n64)
10. Duke Nukem 3D

honorable mentions: metal gear solid (ps1), Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country 2, Megaman Series, Crash Bandicoot 3, level 60 WoW, Jet Force Gemini, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat

asianaussie

Smash Hero
1) Persona 4 Golden
2) The World Ends With You
3) Pokemon Crystal
4) Donkey Kong Country 2/Megaman X
5) Mother 3
6) Kingdom Hearts
7) Sly Cooper
8) Persona 3: FES/Persona 3 Portable
9) Dissidia: Final Fantasy
10) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

ace attorney isn't on here because i don't regard it as a 'game', persay, FFX would be there but i decided it was more a timesink than an downright amazing game, never really liked any zeldas except the top-down ones and majora's mask (twilight princess was ok i guess), MMBN3 would honestly be on there if i had more space, golden sun TLA would be too i guess but im very biased about that

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
ABC order

Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations
Chrono Trigger
Fire Emblem Rekka No Ken
Goldeneye 007
Kirby Air Ride
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Smash Bros Melee

Yeah, that's 11. What are you gonna do about it?

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
Here's my top 10 in no particular order:

10. WWE Day Of Reckoning 2
9. Starfox 64
8. Final Fantasy X
7. Super Mario Galaxy
6. Banjo Kazooie
5. Resident Evil 4
4. Pokemon Yellow
3. Conker's Bad Fur Day
2. Super Smash Bros Melee
1. Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

nessokman

Smash Lord
Anyone who says mother 3 is my new best friend. We will be together
I love you

fitzawesome

Smash Rookie
It was hard to limit it down to ten and I bet I've even forgotten some of my favorites too but I'll lay down my two cent.

10: Devil May Cry 4: This game gets a lot of hate as people felt it was inferior to DMC3. I can't overstate how much I enjoyed it however. The production values were top notch, the soundtrack is great (imo), the gameplay is flows nice and the story has that cheesey anime vibe that I love. This game alone made me love the PS3 when it first came out.

9: Starfox 64: Or as I knew it at the time Lylat Wars. Out of all the games on my list I'd say this one has the most replay value. The gameplay is satisfying. The voice acting is top notch (especially for an early N64 game). Overall I'd recommend this game to anyone, I just wish we'd get a true sequel already.

8: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow: This was my first metroidvania game and I was blown away. The only Castlevania I had played up to this time was the N64 one (which I thought was really good but everyone and their mother hates it now) so going into this I was unsure what it would be like in 2D but they got it so right. This reminds me that I still need to hunt down Aria of Sorrow.

7: Pokémon Heart Gold: Now this was a toss up between the original version and the remake but overall I feel the remake earns it. They wern't satisfied with just remaking Gold, instead they added in all the Cystal exclusives and then threw in elements from newer games such as the Battle Frontier (which I really wish they'd bring back) and online fighting/trading. My favorite in the series but then again I have yet to play X/Y yet.

6: Nier: Let me take you back to 2010. It's early in the year Square-Enix just released a little game called Final Fantasy XIII. Everyone was hyped to hell and back. We all played it and within a day we knew something wasn't right. This wasn't the Final Fantasy we knew. Everyone gave up on JRPGs at this point but little did they know a hidden gem was released in FFXIII's shadow. Nier. While the gameplay isn't fantastic it's the sum of its parts that makes this game a gem,. The soundtrack, the voice acting, the story, the different endings, the themes, did I mention the soundtrack? Now bring on Drakengard 3!

5: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Now we're hitting the big ones. Majora's Mask is an incredible game. I remember seeing the previews in the magazines and hating the look of the time system but it grew on me quickly. This zelda probably has the deepest themes out of the entire series along with the darkest story. Shout outs go to Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time.

4: Metal Gear Solid 2: The first PS2 game I played and probably the best one. Crazy production values, great gameplay, bat**** insane story. Nuff said.

3: Super Smash Bros (series): Hey where do you think we are? Of course this would be on the list. Pretty sure we already know about this one, onto number two!

2: Final Fantasy VIII/X: Yes I'm cheating but...well....shut up! I can't pick between these two, I mean they both represent the pinnacle of JRPGs on their respective system. Fantastic story, interesting characters, memorizing soundtracks, unique battle systems. Marvelous.

1: Super Mario Bros 3: The big one. The first game I ever played even but this is more than nostalgia. This is without a doubt the pinnacle of 2D platforming. The level design, power ups and without a better term for explaining it the "game feel". It's all comes together to make Shigsy's greatest work.

B-B-B-Bonus Round: 999: I didn't really feel this belonged on the list as it's more a visual novel than a game but it is one of my favorite "games" so I'll give it an honorable mention.

JeanLucAwesome

Smash Rookie
NNID
JeanLuc Awesome
3DS FC
5026-5644-5277
My top 10, IN order.

1. Mega Man / X / Legends / Zero / ZX (Yes my #1 is a cheat but choosing between MM games is like choosing a favorite between my hypothetical children.) :p

2. Persona 4 Golden
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Sonic CD
5. Half-Life
6. Mass Effect 2
7. Final Fantasy XI
8. M.U.S.H.A.
9. Time Crisis 3
10. Resident Evil 4

D20

Smash Lord
I always liked these threads. There are some really great lists here.

In the order of how much they affected my life:

10. Battlefield 2
9. StarCraft: Brood War
8. Perfect Dark
7. Super Mario Brothers 3
6. Resident Evil 4
5. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
4. Pokemon Red & Blue
3. Super Mario 64
2. The World of Warcraft
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Based on approx hours played

Super Smash Bros Melee - 'nuff said
Ragnarok Online - Best PVP in any MMO I've ever seen, addicting as hell, played nonstop for almost 8 years
Pokemon Red/Blue - Played it in both English/Japanese and it never ceases to bring back memories of my childhood
Counter Strike 1.6/Source/GO - Started as a game I only played at a LAN center, then the go to game for all LAN parties and dorm room gaming sessions
Starcraft:BW/Stacraft2 - Similar to ^ was so easy to play over LAN plus UMS were so good
Diablo 3 - I didn't play the previous games, just camped the RMAH and made a lot of money
Mario Kart 64 - Dorm room shenanigans
Starfox 64 - Favorite N64 game
Team Fortress Classic/TF2 - Same as previous PC titles
Guitar Hero 3 - Bought on a whim when the internet went down in my dorm for 3 days, song selection was good and skill ceiling was high

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Best game ever?

Mega Man X

(The other 9 in no particular order)
Persona 3 Portable
Melee
Castlevania SoTN
Chrono Trigger
Resident Evil 4
Majora's Mask
Paper Mario TYOD
Valkyrie Profile
Virtue's Last Reward

Honorable mention goes to the Blazblue series since I've had a blast playing each game.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
This is in no particular order, as that would be so hard to do. These are the games that I have the most fun with:
MARIO KART 7 - Best collection of tracks in a MK game imo. Graphics are beautiful for 3DS and online is flawless. Introduction of parts was an excellent idea, and this makes me excited for MK8. Only thing I can think of that could improve in this game would be to have a more recognizable cast.
TEAM FORTRESS 2 - Good fun FPS that actually requires some strategy that doesn't include killstreaks and a boring realistic artstyle. I like how this game can be very social (I play with friends). Plus, it's free!
SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL - This game got me into videogames in the first place. Really fun. It's not as technical as Melee, but neither am I. I have many good memories with Brawl, and I just love it.
PIKMIN 3 - Pikmin is the only game that captured my attention enough for me to dedicate time for it. It always had a task for you, and that really catered to what kind of mind I have.
PUNCH-OUT!!! (NES) - Classic fun that brought me back to the times where my friends and I ask each other how to beat certain boxers. I love racial stereotypes for some reason, and that really good me in somehow.
F-ZERO GX - Possibly the best racing game. Ever. Really fast. Lots of characters. A story more hard enough to keep me stuck on Part 3.
WARIOWARE DIY - I love creating things. This was perfect because I could make music, artwork and code my own little games. I played a lot until I erased all of my memory on that game for some reason.
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. DS - My favorite Mario game. Not sure why. It's fun. Only Mario game that I'm really good at. Multiplayer was endless fun.
CUSTOM ROBO - Story was nothing. I love customizing things, and this let me do it with different stats and arenas. I really hope this gets a rep in Smash 4 (probably won't happen).
MEGA MAN - People say Megaman 1 is hard. I though it was easy. Until Wily's level. Yellow Devil took a great deal of time. Love it. The abilities were a great feature.

Honourable mentions: Ms. Pac-Man (superior version) and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. NOTE: I love all these games equally, but I just thought of these 3 afterwards and didn't feel like typing much more).

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
1. melee
2. melee
3. melee
4. melee
5. melee
6. melee
7. melee
8. melee
9. melee
10. animal crossing ♥

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
This is a really rushed list, but whatever.

10) CS: Global Offensive
9) The Binding of Isaac
8) LeafGreen
7) non-vanilla Skyrim (because the normal one is actually really bad)
6) Battlefield 2/3 (it counts, right?)
5) Ultimate Mahvel 3/ Mahvel Deux
4) Fallout: New Vegas
3) MLB Power Pros 2008 (this is a turn of events, isn't it?)
2) TF2
1) le Doto

I'm reluctant to put League here because I hate Riot as a company so much.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
No real order
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Smash Bros. Melee
  • Cave Story
  • Battlefront 2
  • Majora's Mask
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Crash Bandicoot 3
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Bioshock
  • Mass Effect 1
  • Persona 4
I know that's 11 but don't tell me what to do

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Not in any particular order, here are the first 10 games that come to mind.

1. Donkey Kong 64

2. Banjo Kazooie

3. Banjo Tooie

4. Sonic 3 & Knuckles

5. Metal Gear Rising

6. Blazblue Chrono Phantasma

7. Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed

8. Marvel Vs. Capcom 1

9. Castlevania Harmony of Despair

10. I want to say Project M but in case that doesn't count I'll put Project X Zone here.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hello bloodbath, how are you today? Seriously, condensing my favourite games into a top 10 is just asking for a migraine.....and a pile of forsaken games crying in the corner with wails of "I thought you loved me! Whhhhhhhy!!?"

Focusing on one game per franchise for variety.

10. Paper Mario

9. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

8. Xenoblade Chronicles

7. Ghost Trick

6. Golden Sun

5. The Longest Journey

4. Super Smash Bros Brawl (mainly because I'm not competitive and it has the biggest roster)

3. Pokemon Sapphire

2. Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright

1. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

I don't like this list, it's far too small to do any justice towards what I love. It's like being at the Olympics and only knowing who got gold and to hell with all the other placings.

I'm also not sure if this is my top 10. It gets way too chaotic at the top for me to be satisfied with a top 10.

Last edited:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
1) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
2) Final Fantasy VI
3) Disgaea
4) Persona 3 FES
5) Super Smash Bros. Melee
6) Vakyria Chronicles
7) Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
8) Sonic the Hedgehog 3
9) Pokemon Blue
10) Catherine

Minato

穏やかじゃない
No particular order. Going to cheat here like some others and put 2 in a spot.

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VI/VII
Zelda LttP/OoT
Lufia 2
Persona 4 Golden
Mega Man X
Metal Gear Solid 1/3
Mario Galaxy
Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting
Super Metroid

This is maybe my top 10. A lot of these are RPGs since that's my favorite genre. SF2 is what got me into fighters. I wish I could more MM games on there, but MMX is pretty much perfect regarding gameplay and level design. There are some games that were close to the list, but some of them had small things that make me hesitate to replay them sometimes.

As much as I have fun with the Tales franchise, Vesperia and Destiny PS2 were really close to the list.

Twewy

Smash Lord
10. Star Fox 64
9. Mother 3
8. Deus Ex
7. Dark Souls
6. Cave Story
5. Dead Rising
4. Team Fortress 2
3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
1. The World Ends with You

Anyone who says mother 3 is my new best friend. We will be together
I love you
Thank you for reading this post. This post loves you.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
This is like picking your favorite children. In no order:

Super Metroid / Metroid Prime
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Chrono Trigger
Demon's Souls
Spyro 2
Crash 3: Warped
R&C: Going Commando
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Guilty Gear XX #Reload
Bayonetta

Yes I know that's 12, plus there's too many honorable mentions to list, including obviously Smash.

Last edited:

Zip.

Smash Lord
Some pretty good lists here,my turn i guess

in no particular order, also

Persona 4
Final Fantasy VI
Metroid Zero Mission
Starfox 64
Dragon Quest VIII
The Legend of Zelda:The wind waker
Metroid Prime
Chrono Trigger
Paper Mario and the thousand year door
Pokemon Silver

i could name alot more, but these come to mind atm

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I'm not totally sold on the order, but:

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN)
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
3. Pokemon Sapphire Version (GBA)
4. Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
5. Starcraft (PC)
6. Pikmin 2 (GCN)
7. Viewtiful Joe (GCN)
8. Lylat Wars / Star Fox 64 (64/3DS)
9. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (PC)
10. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
No particular order because I'd spend too much time on that.
It's really hard to do a top 10 and not a top 20.

10.Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition on the HD Collection - CUHRAYZEE

9.Super Smash Bros. Melee - The usual.

8.Super Metroid - Very atmospheric and fun.

7.Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - I don't own 3U yet.

6.Kingdom Hearts series - I feel that there's something unique and great about almost every entry in the series. I'm still waiting for that definitive KH though, so I'll list this as a series. Aqua too good.

5.Pokemon gen3/gen5/gen6/Showdown - No need to explain it much, really.

4.Gokumakaimura Kai - It's the Japanese-exclusive revised version of Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins. I love the visuals.

3.Crash Bandicoot: Warped

2.Spyro: Year of the Dragon

1.Project M - The usual.

Last edited:

Zora_of_Ylisse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ztm1996
3DS FC
0130-2279-7854
10- Klonoa 2

9- FInal Fantasy X

8- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

7- Metal Gear Solid 3

6- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

5- Tomodachi Life

4- Pokemon (In general)

3- Persona 4

2- Shadow of the Colossus

1- Fire Emblem: Awakening

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
10. Pikmin 2
9. Kid Icarus: Uprising
8. Runescape
7. Banjo-Tooie
6. Paper Mario
5. Majora's Mask
4. Mother 2 + 3
3. Maplestory
2. Super Smash Bros. (Series)
1. Donkey Kong Country 2

Booster

Smash Lord
So difficult to choose:

1: Persona 4
2: Persona 3 FES
3: Suikoden 3
4: Super Mario Galaxy 2
5: Suikoden 2
6: Final Fantasy 9 (Better gameplay then FF7 and it has analog, thank ****ing god)
7: Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core (Not to be confused as one of the several ****ty FF7 spinoffs)
8: Xenoblade Chronicles (I feel bad putting it all the way down here, it SHOULD be higher up, but you can't beat Persona 4 and 3)
9: Super Mario 64 (Best played with a Gamecube Controller because N64 Controller is ****)
10: Yoshi's Island GBA (Taking an already amazing game, add extra levels, give a better screen resolution and add Super Mario Bros Arcade on the SAME cartridge to play)

Drakogy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Drakogy
10. SSX3:
Probably the perfect snowstorm of a racing/arcade game. The level design and game mechanics were impeccable.

9.Mother:
Easily any of the Mother games could be here. There is just something about a lamp attacking within the first minute of the game that tellls you that this 1989 NES game is a bit different.

8. Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations:
I chose this over the first game due to its strong cast and above and beyond conlusion to the original trilogy.

7. F-Zero: GX:
The perfect balance of what you would want from a game/sequel. Challenging single player modes, high ceiling game mechanics, jawsome music/homages, awareness and use of humor that compliments the tone of the game, visuals and track design that were knitted with Falcon love in every stitch.

6. Ico/Shadow of the Colossus(PS3):
Probably cheating with this one. But if I had to choose it would have to be Ico, I love that castle.

5. Twilight Princess:
I fell in love with the tone, world and characters of this installment. The game shows that Nintendo took extra time to develop this game.

4. Super Mario 64:
Love the diversity of worlds, music, exploration, simple yet charming goals all bundled into one small castle.

3. Star Fox 64:
A Barrel full of one liners, fun game play and dynamic playthroughs which led to hours of timeless dedication.

2. Super Smash Brothers Melee: Never truly entered the ring of competitive melee but that didn't relinquish my appetite for this savory pot of Nintendo stew.

1. SoulCalibur 2
Solid game balance, cathartic soundtrack, imaginative level & character design. Personally it was the easiest thing to just jump into the world and eat up the atmosphere in this game.

Last edited:

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
10. Sonic Advance- My childhood in a nutshell. Fast paced platforming with good challenge.

9. Megaman X5- Great story with a ROCKIN' soundtrack! 2nd best X game in the series.

8. Fire Emblem 7- The first FE game to come to America, and oh boy we got a good one! Great characters and challenge with a very engaging story. One of the best games on the GBA.

7. Megaman X8- Best game in the series.

6. Gundam Extreme VS- A Japan only exclusive but I had to order it. Great combat that features all your favorite Mobile Suits from the series! A must buy for any Gundam fan!

5. Sonic Adventure 2- Probably the best 3d Sonic game. Introduced us to the fan favorite Shadow the Hedgehog and had some really good music.

4. Mario Kart Double Dash- The only Mario Kart game I own, it simply can't be beaten. Amazing music with a unique tag-team gimmick made the game have infinite replay ability.

3. Custom Robo (GameCube)- Another Childhood favorite. This game, and the series itself, is one of the most overlooked and underrated series of all time. Fantastic 4 player action with a great music ( I absolutely love the customization menu theme ) makes this a must buy for the GameCube.

2. Breath of Fire IV- The best RPG ever made. Before Capcom turned into the money grubbing schemers they are today, they released beauties like this game. An engaging story with lovable characters and a soundtrack that makes my ears melt (******* Sword is one of my favorite songs of all time) makes this a game EVERYONE should play!

1. Einhander- The greatest game ever made. Einhander is a 2.5d shoot 'em up made by Squaresoft in their prime. Stunning graphics for a PS1 game, with a soundtrack that is OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING!!! This game is the best thing to come from Square and from video games in general. If you see this game, snag it as soon as you can! You won't be disappointed...

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
For the sake of variety, my list will only be including one game per series. I'd rather not have a whole list filled with installments from the same franchise. Also, I consider this list incomplete. I haven't played every game out there:
10. Spec Ops: The Line
This game, it changes you. I haven't been able to look at games the same way since. It's not the most fun game out there. In fact, it's not fun at all. It's a true drama, one that leaves a harrowing experience.

9. Fallout 3
More lively than Skyrim, less glitchy than New Vegas. It's held its spot as my favourite Bethesda experience and will continue to do so. Love its 50's-inspired atmosphere.

8. Alan Wake
This game helped "cure" my writer's block. Whenever I need inspiration, I just put the game in and walk a few hours in Alan's shoes.

7. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Maybe it's because it was my first game in the series, but to me, Echoes just nailed the Metroid atmosphere, wrapped it up, put a bow on it, and handed it to me on a silver platter.

6. Journey
A beautiful piece of art. Quite possibly the finest two hours I've ever had the pleasure of playing, and it makes me shed a tear every time without it having to utter a single word.

5. Shadow of The Colossus
A masterpiece, really. I don't want to say too much, because it's one of those games that speaks for itself. You can't just say why it's awesome, you have to experience it for yourself.

4. Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2 is, to me, the balancing act of the trilogy. It got the most right in my book, and introduced a unique cast to add to the role-playing experience. Doing those side quests for the squad mates felt like they actually meant something, not just a bit of grinding to do or a way to get some special loot.

3. The Last of Us
It feels kinda premature to put this so high on this list, but I feel like the game truly deserves it. It won me over from the get go, and it continued to tighten its grip with its characters, intense gameplay, and powerful themes.

2. Metal Gear Solid
The pinnacle of game design, in my opinion. It's the textbook example, like how teachers would use Jaws to teach the fundamentals of the blockbuster to film students.

1. Super Mario 64
As attached as I am to characters such as Snake, Ellie or the rest that fill my favourites list, Mario has a special place in my heart. You see, Super Mario 64 was not only the first game I ever completed, it was also the first game where I was aware that I could complete it, that I strove to complete it. I have dyspraxia, and it's affected my motor skills and hand-eye co-ordination from an early age. I always sucked at games, drawing, typing, or even basic physical tasks. SM64 was a game that became a personal challenge for me, my own mountain to climb, to show myself that I could overcome my disability. And for that, it holds the number one spot for me, no exceptions. Well, except Super Mario Galaxy.

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
1. Project M

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee

4. Fire Emblem: Awakening

5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

6. Pokemon Y

7. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

9. Pokemon White 2

10. Pokemon White

Echirtroim

Smash Rookie
10. Amnesia: Dark Descent
9. Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver
8. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
7. Megaman ZX
6. Rayman: Hoodlums Havoc/Revenge(go hand in hand)
5. Super Mario Sunshine
4. Serious Sam: the Second Encounter
3. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
2. Yoshi's Island
1. Metroid Prime/Fusion (I cannot decide between the two even if my life depended on it!)

Number Infinate: All Smash Bros. Games - Hashtag deal with it, hashtag why is that even a thing?

Honorable Mention: Odyssey (An old, probably impossible to find game that has 50 games+ which includes the Beavis and Butthead game in which you spit wads at the principal as well as click around and do other things, a fighting game featuring Mutated animals, my all time favorite JetPak, so many racing/platforming/puzzle games, and most of them were excellent, and some of the games were the full liscensed Apogee(sp?) games)

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
There is a difference between what I deem the best 10 games ever, and my personal 10 favorite games ever. Here is the latter.

TLDR;
1. Minecraft/Chrono Trigger
2. Starcraft 2
3. SSBM
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Fire Emblem 7
6. Shadow of the Colossus
7. Pokemon Ruby
8. Yoshi's Island
9. Resident Evil 4
10. Gameboy Camera

Explanation
1. Minecraft/Chrono Trigger
I've given up trying to tiebreak these two. So they share a spot.
2. Starcraft 2
I have yet to beat HotS campaign, but I've played hundreds of hours of ladder, maybe thousands.
3. SSBM
My first SSB. I thought it was a dream come true for a Nintendo fan back then. I've since discovered how deep this game can be, and it just makes me proud.
4. Ocarina of Time
I don't think this is the best in the series, but I've played it too much as a kid and it's pretty much cemented for me.
5. Fire Emblem 7
I played it over a dozen times and I think it is the most solid one. FE9 has a better story and music, and is a good contender, but FE7 still takes it at the end.
6. Shadow of the Colossus
Hard to describe. Can't really elaborate.
7. Pokemon Ruby
I remember playing this back-to-back, when I was 13. Like, I beat it and was like, K! New game!
8. Yoshi's Island
I don't think I realize how great this game is.
9. Resident Evil 4
Not even sure how they messed up the sequels. How it is possible, or how the "formula" can get old that fast. This one is still a gem though.
10. Gameboy Camera
You have no idea.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
10- Pokemon Heart Gold
9- Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
8- Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn