• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your opinions on Miis post-MLG?

How were MLG's Mii rules.

• I agree with all of it.

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • They shouldn't have restricted to one set

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • They shouldn't have restricted sizes

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • They shouldn't have allowed their specials

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • They shouldn't have allowed Miis

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • They shouldn't have restricted at all

Votes: 13 12.5%

• Total voters

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Right, gotcha, thanks for putting that straight. It still changes matchups and possible combos though - which I think is pretty fair to find a little problematic. It makes it hard to practice against such a character or learn the character unless you know very specifically which exact Mii the opponent is going to use. No other character has this problem.
It could be a problem, but I extensively tested pretty much every size for every Mii. Overall, it's not too much different than Mario compared to Dr. Mario. You won't see much difference from 0/0, 25/0, and 50/0 to anything inbetween and of any weight. Essentially, there are 3 major size classes to deal with for each Mii. Not too bad, eh?

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
It could be a problem, but I extensively tested pretty much every size for every Mii. Overall, it's not too much different than Mario compared to Dr. Mario. You won't see much difference from 0/0, 25/0, and 50/0 to anything inbetween and of any weight. Essentially, there are 3 major size classes to deal with for each Mii. Not too bad, eh?
While I am fine with miis having multiple sizes you are do you think you can convince people that it would be worth it?

I mean mii movesets are easy easy to argue. If people argue fairness than say Ryu has more moves anyway and can even use them all of them in one game. In fact that sounds less fair! Why does miis having more moves unfair when Ryu having more moves isn't? This actually proves that mii with more moves is not a big deal, because a character that already has more moves than other characters is not only accepted BUT DOES IT BETTER.

The thing about sizes is that they change the character dramatically. I see you compared mii sizes to Mario and Doc but I don't think that's good enough. Your basically asking me to compare Mario and Doc to three different sizes of mii fighter that can can have different move and say that's the same. I mean compare that to the ryu argument and it looks lackluster in comparison; Tinkers' point still stands.

If you have a better argument I'd like to hear it. Just trying to be a good devils advocate. :reverse:

Also btw I'm talking about majors where the most of the heat is at. Locals can get away with whatever they want if they can.:grin:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
While I am fine with miis having multiple sizes you are do you think you can convince people that it would be worth it?

I mean mii movesets are easy easy to argue. If people argue fairness than say Ryu has more moves anyway and can even use them all of them in one game. In fact that sounds less fair! Why does miis having more moves unfair when Ryu having more moves isn't? This actually proves that mii with more moves is not a big deal, because a character that already has more moves than other characters is not only accepted BUT DOES IT BETTER.

The thing about sizes is that they change the character dramatically. I see you compared mii sizes to Mario and Doc but I don't think that's good enough. Your basically asking me to compare Mario and Doc to three different sizes of mii fighter that can can have different move and say that's the same. I mean compare that to the ryu argument and it looks lackluster in comparison; Tinkers' point still stands.

If you have a better argument I'd like to hear it. Just trying to be a good devils advocate. :reverse:

Also btw I'm talking about majors where the most of the heat is at. Locals can get away with whatever they want if they can.:grin:
It's hard to try to convince someone when the most likely cause is lack of knowledge on one party's behalf. If both sides knew the ins and outs of sizes, then a more constructive discussion can occur.

-Startup on normals stay the same and frame data on specials stay the same.
-Properties of normals and specials are the same.
-End lag, FAF, and autocancels are reduced by a small percentage. 18 landing lag->14 landing lag for instance. Autocancel 34->31. Smash attack FAF 77 -> 71. Usually a ~3-5 frame change from 50/0 to 0/0
-Movement increases as range and size decreases

Mario vs. Doc
-Frame data is the same, except Doc has slower FAF on jabs.
-Properties on normals and specials are largely tweaked for almost every move, though animations are similar.
-Movement decreases as power/damage (generally) increases.

If the argument is that you can't adapt to different sizes, then it makes little sense since you only have to take into account a few differences. Adjust to the speed of a small Mii or the range of a mid-sized Mii and the rest falls in place. Look at Mario and you see that he has movement speed, the same range, and reduced damage per hit for more combos compared to Doc, a tradeoff that Miis don't (and shouldn't) have. They are within an acceptable range, you'll play one size 90% of the time generally speaking, and you may have to adjust to one of 2 other slightly different sizes once in a blue Moon that's most likely inferior to the size you're used to fighting. Not sure what else there is to say.

Last edited:

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
It's hard to try to convince someone when the most likely cause is lack of knowledge on one party's behalf. If both sides knew the ins and outs of sizes, then a more constructive discussion can occur.

-Startup on normals stay the same and frame data on specials stay the same.
-Properties of normals and specials are the same.
-End lag, FAF, and autocancels are reduced by a small percentage. 18 landing lag->14 landing lag for instance. Autocancel 34->31. Smash attack FAF 77 -> 71. Usually a ~3-5 frame change from 50/0 to 0/0
-Movement increases as range and size decreases

Mario vs. Doc
-Frame data is the same, except Doc has slower FAF on jabs.
-Properties on normals and specials are largely tweaked for almost every move, though animations are similar.
-Movement decreases as power/damage (generally) increases.

If the argument is that you can't adapt to different sizes, then it makes little sense since you only have to take into account a few differences. Adjust to the speed of a small Mii or the range of a mid-sized Mii and the rest falls in place. Look at Mario and you see that he has movement speed, the same range, and reduced damage per hit for more combos compared to Doc, a tradeoff that Miis don't (and shouldn't) have. They are within an acceptable range, you'll play one size 90% of the time generally speaking, and you may have to adjust to one of 2 other slightly different sizes once in a blue Moon that's most likely inferior to the size you're used to fighting. Not sure what else there is to say.
The argument is not about adaptation, its about the number of options miis should have. Simplicity is what you should be striving for; If you can't simplify your arguments and compromises you will not be successful. If you have to relying on frame data to prove a point it won't work. Moves are simple:
1.ryu has more moves anyway and can use them all in in one match-> Mii moves are not that unfair
2.Can be used customs off
3.Only one mii per set solves logistics (makes them even less "unfair")
At that point they can't win and can only fall back on their opinion or start nitpicking things like menus. With sizes they have more fallback: more logistics for TOs, "unfair" because they more options, ect.

These people are not interested in being constructive and would rather rid of miis altogether. If you can't prove there is a simple solution than it probably is not worth it.

Sorry bruh. :ohwell:

Speed Boost

Smash Apprentice
The argument is not about adaptation, its about the number of options miis should have. Simplicity is what you should be striving for; If you can't simplify your arguments and compromises you will not be successful. If you have to relying on frame data to prove a point it won't work. Moves are simple:
1.ryu has more moves anyway and can use them all in in one match-> Mii moves are not that unfair
2.Can be used customs off
3.Only one mii per set solves logistics (makes them even less "unfair")
At that point they can't win and can only fall back on their opinion or start nitpicking things like menus. With sizes they have more fallback: more logistics for TOs, "unfair" because they more options, ect.

These people are not interested in being constructive and would rather rid of miis altogether. If you can't prove there is a simple solution than it probably is not worth it.

Sorry bruh. :ohwell:
I have to agree, the MLG rules are elegant in there simplicity and as a result I could actually see them happening on a large scale. If we start polarizing the issue with different sizes and weights then we greatly decrease the chance of a global standard for handling these characters. Lets be realistic about this.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
While I am fine I mean mii movesets are easy easy to argue. If people argue fairness than say Ryu has more moves anyway and can even use them all of them in one game. In fact that sounds less fair! Why does miis having more moves unfair when Ryu having more moves isn't? This actually proves that mii with more moves is not a big deal, because a character that already has more moves than other characters is not only accepted BUT DOES IT BETTER.
http://smashboards.com/threads/not-doing-anything-about-ryu.419232/

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
san. san. 's insights are correct, but I'd like to add a little more detail to them in regard to range/reach: The differences are really tiny for each slider bar's (like, the Mii Maker has 10 or so 'bars' to help you estimate the size you're making) worth of increment. It's a pixel or two at most. Sonic the Hedgehog's stage (Windy Hill Zone, I think the name is?) is very useful for conducting range tests, the brown squares and the flowers give you landmarks to use in testing reach.

You have to go up a significant amount of height for the range increase to actually matter. San is right on that... basically for the range increase to matter, you have to go 'up a size class', a meaningful amount rather than just tweaking a bar's worth of size. It is not really practical to extremely fine tune a Mii's physics to be "exactly right" because the differences between a 25/0 and 35/0 Mii are REALLY TINY and honestly only really noticeable in lab conditions.

It's bordering on Marth/Lucina levels of trivial difference, and the impact on the opponent's behavior (combo'ing the Mii, spacing the Mii out, etc) is almost nonexistent; if it was going to work on the 25/0 Mii it will work on the 35/0 Mii, and it'll almost certainly work on the 50/50 and probably the 100/100 too (not that anyone is insane enough to play a 100/100 in serious competition).

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I don't have any particularly strong opinion as to what should be the proper rules for Mii Fighters, but I get this strange feeling that Mii Fighter users are afraid of making any sort of commitment, mainly because they want to have the best tools possible for any unpredictable future changes.

Right now, there are a certain selection of movesets that are considered ideal for Miis. In this case, it could be best to just lock them into using either one or more of these select few sets. It makes sense, because players will want their characters to perform as well as possible. However, Mii players seem afraid that someday their optimal sets might no longer be optimal, and so to me it seems like they want the potential to in a sense "patch" their Miis without needing patches. Whatever comes in the future, Mii players want Miis to have full access to their moves because it mitigates meta developments that might weaken their currently ideal sets.

Same goes for sizes. Again, I'm no Mii expert, but it seems like there are certain size configurations that people favor at the moment. Again, rather than just accepting certain sets as the standard, Mii players want the open possibility to change size specs according to however they want, not just for personal preference but for an as-of-yet un-predicted future.

Even putting aside the future, this is the sense I get from the desire to counterpick movesets within a single match. Players want what is absolutely best for their characters, and even the decision to lock Miis into a single moveset/size per player per tournament is made controversial for this reason.

Am I off in my observations? It just seems like part of the reason it's so hard to establish any rules for Mii Fighters is that the Mii players want an infinitely open canvas.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't have any particularly strong opinion as to what should be the proper rules for Mii Fighters, but I get this strange feeling that Mii Fighter users are afraid of making any sort of commitment, mainly because they want to have the best tools possible for any unpredictable future changes.

Right now, there are a certain selection of movesets that are considered ideal for Miis. In this case, it could be best to just lock them into using either one or more of these select few sets. It makes sense, because players will want their characters to perform as well as possible. However, Mii players seem afraid that someday their optimal sets might no longer be optimal, and so to me it seems like they want the potential to in a sense "patch" their Miis without needing patches. Whatever comes in the future, Mii players want Miis to have full access to their moves because it mitigates meta developments that might weaken their currently ideal sets.

Same goes for sizes. Again, I'm no Mii expert, but it seems like there are certain size configurations that people favor at the moment. Again, rather than just accepting certain sets as the standard, Mii players want the open possibility to change size specs according to however they want, not just for personal preference but for an as-of-yet un-predicted future.

Even putting aside the future, this is the sense I get from the desire to counterpick movesets within a single match. Players want what is absolutely best for their characters, and even the decision to lock Miis into a single moveset/size per player per tournament is made controversial for this reason.

Am I off in my observations? It just seems like part of the reason it's so hard to establish any rules for Mii Fighters is that the Mii players want an infinitely open canvas.
There's also the fact that Mii is difficult to stick with if you're not sure of whether or not individual tournaments will run them. It's difficult to commit to a character if there's a chance their moveset will be neutered or the character will be outright banned. Even in tournaments that currently support Mii, there's no steadfast guarantee that they will retain that position in future. It's a bit of a risky investment, considering nobody really knows what the community will decide is the best option in future.

I'm speaking from experience. I know a person who loves Mii Brawler and considers the character his main, but he doesn't invest too much time into the character because tournaments outside of our locals won't let him use the set he's used to. If there's no guarantee you can play the character you've practiced with, it can be difficult to find the time or desire to practice in the first place.

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
I know a person who loves Mii Brawler and considers the character his main, but he doesn't invest too much time into the character because tournaments outside of our locals won't let him use the set he's used to. If there's no guarantee you can play the character you've practiced with, it can be difficult to find the time or desire to practice in the first place.
This is exactly the situation I've been in. I've had to somewhat drop Mii Brawler for a good length of time after EVO when Shockwave Sm4sh defaulted to the 1111D restriction. I'm able to put some more time into him now that my college weekly is gonna start allowing Miis with the MLG ruleset but it's been a struggle to keep him up since there hasn't been any real outlets for me to play Miis in a viable way. Anther's Ladder and For Glory Fridays over in Aurora, my other main Sm4sh outlets, are both stuck on 1111D.

I guess I should've dug a bit harder on matchmaking websites for better outlets to play Miis, but it shouldn't be that hard!

(edited for clarity)

Last edited:

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616

There's also the fact that Mii is difficult to stick with if you're not sure of whether or not individual tournaments will run them. It's difficult to commit to a character if there's a chance their moveset will be neutered or the character will be outright banned. Even in tournaments that currently support Mii, there's no steadfast guarantee that they will retain that position in future. It's a bit of a risky investment, considering nobody really knows what the community will decide is the best option in future.

I'm speaking from experience. I know a person who loves Mii Brawler and considers the character his main, but he doesn't invest too much time into the character because tournaments outside of our locals won't let him use the set he's used to. If there's no guarantee you can play the character you've practiced with, it can be difficult to find the time or desire to practice in the first place.
You both petty much covered why mii fighter mains barely exist: they have no opportunity to. If the only notable 1111 mii fighter player was someone who switched to a different character, but yet more people play the miis with free access to moves, then what does that say about 1111 miis? The only difference between 1111 and banned miis is that only a very small amount a of people will use a mii as a counterpick character. It is not much of a difference though and it seems that bigger TOs and players are absolutely fine with cutting out mii mains from the competitive scene.

The interesting thing I'm getting from this conversation however, is that maybe sizes do affect the over all use of the character. As much as people on this thread may hate to hear it I can't believe mii fighters can be 100% free, as the logistics are against you. Gameplay wise I can see why it is not broken, but I just can't see most major TOs going through with that and are the real force behind rulesets. Do you really think they would go through that extra effort to give miis more leeway? Giving TOs another variable to worry about during their busy week setting up is not how to see miis forward.

I DON'T like saying this but If you are a mii main please consider playing more 50/50 size. The MLG ruleset is the perfect compromise for miis with the insignificant time it takes to set them up. Miis have a actual future if we focus on MLG rules.

May I ask if sizes are really that important? I am serious here, does it really affect the outcome how people who are interested in the scene?

This is exactly the situation I've been in. I've had to somewhat drop Mii Brawler for a good length of time after EVO when Shockwave Sm4sh defaulted to the 1111D restriction. I'm able to put some more time into him now that my college weekly is gonna start allowing Miis with the MLG ruleset but it's been a struggle to keep him up since there hasn't been any real outlets for me to play Miis in a viable way. Anther's Ladder and For Glory Fridays over in Aurora, my other main Sm4sh outlets, are both stuck on 1111D.

I guess I should've dug a bit harder on matchmaking websites for better outlets to play Miis, but it shouldn't be that hard!

(edited for clarity)
Actually all you have to do on anthers is ask for the gentlemen clause on miis. Usually works if you ask politely. Some times it doesn't though, but it is better than nothing.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I don't think having to play 50/50 keeps people away from the character, but we'd all rather have 0/0 or others available because that's just how our character was intended to be treated. I know I would never use anything other than 0/0 and 2222 on my Brawler, but I think it's competitively wrong to limit either, even it if was to my preferred setup. But logistically, I understand that sizes could maybe potentially some time somewhere cause a problem.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
It depends. Lower height and weight definitely helps them. The physics changes don't do much to affect the combos done to a Mii, but it does affect the combos a Mii can do to others. 25/0 Swordfighter finds it much easier to combo anti-air f-air to another f-air, for example. 50-50 can do it sometimes but it's much harder.

Smaller Gunners can do f-air screening more easily as well.

Brawler gains better combos too.

It's a meaningful upgrade to all three of them, so you can imagine why Mii players are interested in it; they need all the help they can get against Sheik.

Speed Boost

Smash Apprentice
It depends. Lower height and weight definitely helps them. The physics changes don't do much to affect the combos done to a Mii, but it does affect the combos a Mii can do to others. 25/0 Swordfighter finds it much easier to combo anti-air f-air to another f-air, for example. 50-50 can do it sometimes but it's much harder.

Smaller Gunners can do f-air screening more easily as well.

Brawler gains better combos too.

It's a meaningful upgrade to all three of them, so you can imagine why Mii players are interested in it; they need all the help they can get against Sheik.
There is no doubt that Mii's benefit from size flexibility, but can beggars be choosers on this issue? Wouldn't we all rather be able to have access to guest Miis with any specials than 1111s or nothing at all? FREE Mii FIGHTER!

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I've always held that MLG's rules are a step in the right direction. Even made sure to contact them with words of support on the issue.

I do not think MLG's rules are IDEAL, so I will continue to push for more Mii freedom, but I do feel they on the whole did a good thing and it is appreciated.

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
I don't expect major tournaments to change their rules at the drop of a hat, but it would be super neat if there were a public domain location -- an ongoing, and continuous one -- where Mii players (and for that matter, custom moves in general) could run whatever the heck they wanted, if only to test the waters both as the player, and as the opponent.

Free movesets with 50/50 is a good start, and if it's the final decision then that's fine. We can certainly deal with that. But what if the fears of setup time are wrong? What if the fears that come with mobility differences aren't as hard to adjust to as people think? Do we just shrug off that future and pretend it doesn't need to exist?

It just seems flimsy to avoid the act of trial in general because of... ...people on Twitter saying they won't attend a tournament because of it? Was that the reason? I legitimately can't think of a reason.

It's nice to see a topic that's wholly positive about it, though.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Last edited:

Speed Boost

Smash Apprentice

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
Sheesh, Vinnie is actually contemplating on leaving this game just because of Custom Mii legality.

https://twitter.com/Vinnie516/status/659491538901336064
Yikes, what tipped him off?

Also, from another tweet (https://twitter.com/Vinnie516/status/659493616054849536):
Mii main: "I'm using 1122"
Me: "oh really? Ok then I'll use electric needles, gravity grenade, a golden hammer, and a bob-omb equip. GL
Because blatantly hyperbolic comparisons mean people will take your opinion seriously. I don't even know how to respond... :ohwell:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Wow, those tweets and replies are filled with either a complete lack of reasoning or garbage reasoning.

First of off, I don't have a horse in this race, so to speak, because I don't play Miis of any type in vanilla Smash 4. However, my views tend to skew a bit more liberally when it comes to the Smash ruleset in general (i.e., I want to see customs legal again). So inevitably my bias is going to be towards Mii legality. With that said...

I want to play Smash and not Mario Party
What kind of logic is this? Mario Party is utter rubbish as a competitive game because, by its very nature, RNG plays a huge factor in determining the events and flow of the game, and losing players are usually (though not always because RNG) awarded a bonus near the end of the game, among other things. Mii customs are neither random in effect - helicopter kick will always do helicopter kick things - nor randomly acquired, as all new save files start off with them already available. Your Mii will also have the same moves every time you use it, especially if the rules forbid creating new Miis mid-set (which MLG did). There is nothing random about it, you can prepare for the individual moves, it literally requires spending just a few extra minutes of your time to learn what moves do what. In most cases, Mii players, or at least Mii Brawler players, tend to use the same optimal set anyways. So random luck is not a factor, and the better player will win, period. Unless you're grossly under-prepared to deal with Miis, I guess, but that's a failing of the player and not the game or its ruleset.

I don't think it'll last, homie. Tough it out like we did customs the first time... Just have to believe in the greater good.
This implies Mii customs are equivalent to other customs...when they really aren't. The games treat Mii customs separately from all other custom moves, from how they're able to be used when customs are turned off, to the division between Miis and other custom fighters in the customs menu, to how they're used in online tournaments. Besides that, Mii customs were also very intentionally balanced and their effects feature a drastic amount of differences from one another. The only other character in a similar spot is Palutena, who receives similar (but not equivalent) treatment to the Miis by the game.

Most customs are just variations on the standard attacks, and are arguably not competitively viable. I tend to disagree with the reasoning most anti-customs use (simplify neutral game, it becomes over-centralized over certain characters and moves) because the players who performed well in those conditions also performed well with the same characters in vanilla, and standard Sheik dominated anyways but I digress...it's pretty clear the moves weren't intentionally balanced up until the most recent balance patch, bug fixes aside. Mii custom moves have been however, because every single move a Mii can use is effectively a custom move. The game might set the 1111 as a default when you first go into the menu, but that because something needed to be default if you just want to power through the menu - that doesn't make them the standard move the characters should be judged on.

I'm just kinda...baffled, really. If you want Miis banned, you have to provide sound, logical reasoning. You can't just whine that they're random (they're not) or unbalanced (also not) without providing clear evidence that custom Miis are broken or make the game worse by existing (I...don't see how that's the case?).

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
So, uh, hm.

Does Vinnie think TOs will pat him on the back and sway their rules in his favor because he's an upstanding citizen and a saint in the community?

Or does he sort of forget people can read his tweets, and suffer a reaction to them?

All I can conclude is he's showboating for the others who agree with him, and no one else. It's a shame he isn't as strong a player as we thought, if this is all it took to beat him.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I just find it funny that anyone would actively complain about something that almost rarely gets used in competitive play and doesn't negatively affect the outcome of anything at all.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
If Vinnie is going to keep coming up with dumb excuses to justify not letting people use Mii Fighters as designed, okay.

If he's gonna let it make him quit the game because he'll run into like 1 Mii Fighter player every like 3 tournaments or something oh well, his fault for not being interested in change.

- - - - - -
Being able to alter height and weight would be nice, but I think the Guest Miis are better for ease of access for all players. QR Codes are a thing, and I personally prefer to play as
, but being able to just make a Mii with Guest Miis is easier in the long run. I'm fine with being able to transfer them for Locals, but for the Regionals it's better to have them pre-set up.

The MLG set up was perfect. I only know that M2K played as Brawler, and that's it. So I suppose since our player base is smaller than most, allowing height variation with the added time wouldn't be too much since it wouldn't be happening back-to-back-to-back, but I don't think it's particularly necessary for the sake of simplicity.

MLG did it right, allowing size variation would be nice but is not necessary.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I'd love to see Vinnie quit. He's been a **** to me directly and to all Mii mains generally. And we really don't need any more Sheik mains. He probably so butthurt because Mii Brawler threatens Sheik. Tiny goes at least even.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I'm not at all compelled to send him my condolences. If it would make him stop being ignorant and rude, I might. But I don't think it will.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
To be quite honest, I felt like a **** for making that remark when I found out that he was robbed. Granted, I don't agree with his anti-mii arguments but for Christ sake, he is robbed and is trapped in Mexico. I honestly hope he is doing well.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It's always unfortunate when someone manages to offend others so much that they're unwilling to help them during need, but that's just kinda whatcha get for spitting at part of the community.

One can wish someone a reasonable recovery from an unfortunate event without sharing their views, but when those views have been expressed at a personal level, then it's reasonable for wellwishing to stop at "Hope he gets home safe."

Either way, as a Mii player, I'm far more willing to give up size constraints. I practice mostly 50/50, and some 25/0 (I actually never bother with 0/0), and ultimately, at least for my own skill, it makes little difference. The moveset, though, is make-or-break.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Well, apparently the dude got a thousand dollars anyway. I'm pretty sure the 'lesson' he learned from that is "Hah! See, I don't need the Mii community's support anyway, y'all suck etc. etc. etc., players of REAL characters got my back!"

Just a guess as to how that's going to go.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think he cares about the Mii community's opinion any more than we care about his.

I do find it rich that he wants to have a "heart-to-heart" with the community about whether he's going to keep playing Smash 4. If he's that fickle about his opinion of the game, I don't think his dropping out is a big kick in the teeth to the community or the meta.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
The answer is Pretty simple. Have the communities vote on the optimal size and weight to settle that issue. Allow one set with and special layout that the player decides.

Hell, i'd use mii Gunner competitively if I could use either 0/0 or 0/25 with nades, missles, cannon uppercutt and Bomb drop.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Anything positive done about Mii Fighters is thanked. Yes, Mii Gunner and Swordfighter have mediocre mobility in 50/50 size, but I guess it's for consistency reasons, Brawler is decent in 50/50. Yeah, playing and training Mii Brawler is really hard. I have played Mii Brawler with real people 3 times. The first my spacing was atrocious until I figured out some things and my opponent was way lower in level than me. The second I played free-for-alls and FFAs are really YOLO and all I did was Ultimate Uppercut and Helicopter Kick until my last opponent was left and I was still better than anyone in the room. The third was a friendly in Ladder which I tagged "Do you wanna play some Mii" and I played a player way better than me, and I was struggling. I won, but it lasted until game 5 and I lost the first 2 games.Turns out his controller was gimped!

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I've changed my opinion. I understand why movesets were restricted. It's so that any opponent will know what set they're getting once they know who they're fighting, and can plan appropriately. Good enough.

Top Bottom