• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your mean habits online?

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Spoof on "What are your nice habits online?" (Go read that thread too; it's good!). We all know that it's important to be nice to people we don't know because they are on FG to have fun and maybe cheer up after a bad day... That's all well and good and I endorse that and all...

But then sometimes you get those people on FG (by sometimes I mean like every game). The ones that have troll name tags and catch you on a bad day with their spamming and nonsense slinging. So sometimes we just need to ruin their day to cheer ourselves up! We are on FG to have fun too, and we can't have them running around thinking they're really good ;)

So what do you do to troll these people? Some of my go to's:

1) The Peach Turnip Spam - Down Throw - Back Air - Side Taunt Combo--A devastating combo. Don't get too predictable though; make sure you mix yourself up by jumping off the edge and hovering just out of reach if you can. Also if you pluck a special turnip or bobomb hit hem and proceed to side taunt even if you don't kill them. Dash attacks and hip smashes can also be annoying. Also this strat comes with a win bonus--the ever infuriating, "aww did I win?"

2) The Rosalina jab spam--Just hit the A button. When they approach start roll spamming around or if you're feeling extra snazzy up-b to the other side of the stage (we aren't dealing with pros here). Don't forget to roll/air dodge spam when you lose Luma and every time you do something that knocks them more than three character lengths, taunt.

3) Palutena side taunt. That is all.

4) Wario--There are so many annoying things to do. Bike spam, bite spam (it works on FG), just run away, fart with less than five seconds left and kill them, side taunt, up taunt, bike taunt... You can't go wrong.

5) Just plain Olimar. No trolling. Great way to close out a series of games--they will probably SD out of frustration and leave.

-------
I'm not a fan of calling people names on FG even if they are the lowest scum on Earth that sprouted legs and crawled out of a garbage can (I just make my name MLG PRO or SWAGGDADDY or something ;))

But you can do what you want and I'm sure it will add to your trolling experience immensely!

Don't get me wrong, don't go around starting crap. But 90% of the time all the FG crap will find you! :) so what do you all do?

Last edited:

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
I guess for me, it's just playing as :4olimar:/:4alph:. If you fight me, you would be bored even if you win, I think.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I guess for me, it's just playing as :4olimar:/:4alph:. If you fight me, you would be bored even if you win, I think.
Olimar is my go to when I want to win on FG. People usually SD or switch to Duck Hunt the next match to try to out camp me, which, lol, is so hopeless. Usually a pretty easy match. I can see why he'd annoy people ofc, lots of camping and grabbing.

When I'm fighting someone and I'm doing well and I think, "If I play one more match and lose they will be horrible to me..." I usually go with Olimar.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Just :4dedede:.

if you really want the saltwater to boil, crouching, Gordo spam, Gordo reflecting, more crouching and Inhale-cide are just...YES!

CrystalCoconutThief

Smash Rookie
NNID
blackgarfield
My friend and I play as Bowser / Ganondorf on FG teams. We are particularly fond of the Bowser Fire > Whatever Ganondorf Wants combo

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I taunt on the middle of a stock if my opponent is distant...
I will ditto somebody if it's playing as my main and has no idea of how to play as it.
I will PK-Ditto some Lucas.
I will (try to) Kirbycide somebody I'm 2-stocking.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
I'll stop trying if button lag is apparent, especially if my opponent starts to play patiently and waits for me to approach. Boring stuff.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I try my hardest not to be mean online, but one thing I'll certainly do against spammers is pick the spammiest character I'm good with and attempt to out-spam them. When it's a 2V2 For Glory match and my friend is over we'll both do it, especially since the spam is much more heavy in those matches to begin with. Besides if they aren't going to play seriously then why should we?

8 out of 10 times I'll win by being a better spammer, get shown some salty tags such as "CHEAP" and "SPAMMER" (which is funny coming from someone who was doing it at the very start) and they'll usually leave. There have been some rare instances though that our spam actually gets them to stop and play more seriously, thus we return the favor. If I encounter a disrespectful player/over taunter I'll go out of my way to do the same every chance I get to annoy them. Usually if I'm playing ROB at the time instead of taunting them I'll use his Up Tilt repeatedly, sort of in a "WHOOP WHOOP!" kind of way as a type of taunt.

ADDED BONUS:

Another thing I do with spammers, specifically Ness and Lucas is counter pick as Rosalina. I hardly know how to play as her but can survive at least. What's so mean about this? Well, if the Ness/Lucas is so keen on using PK Thunder I'll use her Down B the entire time to cancel it. It's really fun to do that to a Spam happy Ness/Lucas that's off stage trying to recover.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Ofc there's also good old Charizard side b spam. Only really works in team battle, but it sure is fun.
And @ KirbCider KirbCider that last one is a good idea lol

Last edited:

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
I feel like if someone is annoying me with spam, I throw out all my ambitions to win with :4megaman: and stop trying. I just get close and mash A. They get nothing from me but LEMONS. I don't even try to KO them, just avoid their attacks, spam pellets and watch them go from campy to super aggressive when they realize its not working. But even then, I still want to make them suffer for the rest of the match.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
  • I love to Wariocide by going for off stage chomps. :4wario2:
  • I usually leave if I win the first match. I know most people don't like this but I do it because I want to fight more people and if I fight them again and I lose they usually taunt and leave.
  • If the match is extremely laggy or has terrible input lag I'll just SD (and 70% of the time my opponent taunts when I do so).
  • I always taunt spammers whether it be roll spam or projectile spam (sometimes I do it in the middle of the match).

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
If I am using Fox, I laser spam (so unique) and use his up-taunt three times after I take a stock. Sometimes, if they do not approach me while I zone them with lasers, I use the up-taunt just for fun. Other than that, sometimes I jump off stage and "shine spike" them. It does not work in Smash 4, but that is all the more reason to do it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If the player I'm fighting against decides to be a total ass after our first match, I will do the following:
1. As :rosalina:, I spam her "Mmm-hmm" taunt after a kill just to raise the :salt: level even higher. If I took his last stock, I taunt and then use Launch Star off stage to the lobby. Insult me again, I will change my tag to either "Dat_salt" or "YUMad?"
2. As :4megaman:, I use his side taunt as a way of saying "kiss my ass, ************!"

Basically, if they insult me, they deserve to be embarrassed by my mains.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
On 3DS, if I see someone pop off too much (you know, taunt), I disrespect them 10x harder by doing these:

1. Taunt like crazy: I normally do not taunt in online matches. If my opponent taunts me first, I will taunt them 3x harder. Extra points if they poorly space a move, and I get away with taunting in the middle of a fight (even though I usually taunt after a kill).

2. Character suicide: If I'm playing as :4kirby:,:4dedede:, or :4ganondorf:, expect me to take you down with me. Especially if I'm ahead.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
If somebody makes me mad, I switch to :4bowser:, take off their first stock, Bowsercide and leave.

I must play better when I'm angry, because it almost always works.

I should probably stop, I don't feel very sportsmanlike when I do it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

> Playing as Falcon
> Playing against obnoxious character (e.g. Ness, ZSS, Shiek, Luigi, Pika, Diddy, etc.)
> Gets the knee
> Player is obviously salty
> "Show me ya moves!"
> "Show me ya moves!"
> "Show me ya moves!"
> Resume badass Falcon play.

or I love to taunt mid combo. For example, if you send someone way up high where you can't even reach them, do a taunt while they fall back down. A lot of times it will bait them into something stupid and you can get another punish off from it.

ggamer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
ggamer77
When I see the same old characters playing the exactly same way and/or spamming.
>Link spammers. (Spammy Links)
>Zero Suit Samus clones. (ZSS's who all play exactly the same.)
>Essentially spammy Samus'. (Samus' who spam and play the same.)
I give them absolutely no respect. (I still don't taunt though.)
And try to KO them in the most dirtiest of ways.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I tend to damage people past 200% just to kill them with a throw.

Also when I'm playing Falcon if my opponent is offstage and is already going to die, I'll go after them to either knee, dair or rarely Falcon punch them.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Villagers in FG FFAs that seem awfully content to just wait at the edges by their grown trees, chucking Lloids & Slingshots every so often, and only really going in when somebody's at 80+% or off-stage trying to recover for the Bowling Ball KO will likely see my own 3rd Round aggressive rushdown Chillager (or the girl in the bright green dress if he's taken), that as soon as my tree's planted & my Lloid's set up to travel without me on it, they will serve as my signals to everyone in the room that I'm ready to go in and go ham on y'all with my upclose melee moves. Well, IF you get past my 2nd Round Ludwig first. 1st Round's whoever I happen to be if/when they show up.

I'm not sure how rare it is for Villagers to be played that way in FG FFAs, but considering the amount of times I seem to reach Top 2 and even score 1st place doing so, it must be catching folks offguard, due to its rarity. I would like to believe that winning with my aggressive rushdown Chillager sends quite the message to folks who lose to it, namely that "Hey, you CAN aggressively rushdown with this kid, and actually WIN doing so, while possibly putting on a hype show as well!"

Do these wins get saved & sent? Yes. Have they happened in this latest patch? Once, but I couldn't save the replay, due to the game itself telling me that I've reach my Replay Saving cap on my SD Card, despite said SD Card having more than enough space to hold more. :\

This, aside from the lack of posted footage featuring Villager, are the only occasions where I'd actually rep Chillager, tbh.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
When it looks like i'm losing I sometimes roll spam.

Last edited:

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
when im jiggly and i can read when my opponent is going to be open for a rest i go for it XD

if they're good ill respect them and wait until they are at kill range before i try it
but if they are bad ill go after it literally every chance i get kill or not XD

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
When I beat someone as little Mac, right when they are about to be KO'd, I like to side b off the stage. At least before the result screen pops up, they can see what they expected me to do.

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
Typical spam tactics are kinda ineffective now that I'm at 2000 matches +. The only thing I'm scared of now on for glory is little macs frame data. Also ryu's that think there gonna get that counter because of armor are hilarious. Na I'll just jab twice lol. If you b reverse it in the air and time it against and aerial then that's a different story but that would be a good set up so I wouldn't be mad.

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I have none. I don't taunt SDs or after wins, I don't style people, etc. I just play to see different play styles. Although I rarely get on FG due to lag. I tend to change my name a lot to "GOOD MATCH!" and "ADDME" that kind of stuff, to praise the person.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Also when I play as Samus against some annoying dude and they are above 100%, I will grab them and just pummel them without throwing (Samus has a ridiculous pummel). And the more you do it the more you can pummel because they are at a higher percent. I've gotten someone past 350% with this until they suicided--I wasn't gonna kill him any time soon.

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
Step 1: Choose :4dedede:.
Step 2: Hold crouch.
Step 3: Use exclusively Gordos the entire first stock.
Step 4: When they die, hold crouch.
Step 5: When their salty ass is about to rush you down, inhale-cide them.

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
When I play as Robin and encounter a Ness, I like to dash to the center of the stage and use Arcfire, just to see if they'll do the same thing with PK Fire. I know what you're up to, bruh (except for when I don't and I just look like a noob).

Sir_Africa

Smash Cadet
I tend to jump off stage and nearly kill myself right as I win or I'll kill off my extra stock if I didn't die at all.

Dutch Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhiscashQueen
3DS FC
3754-9493-1303
Well, Kirbycide/Swallowcide, and Kirby's "Hiii" taunt after a succesful Kirbycide, or at the start of a match if I'm not at risk of getting hurt. Kirby is a cheap dirty little *******, but definitely one that can get in some nasty wins!

Man of shame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ManOfShame
Play :4dedede: and hold down whenever possible and eat really dangerous projectiles such as :4samus: charged b and :4megaman:fowar:4megaman:d smash, and when fighting:4littlemac: go to the ledge and either hold B or hold A (for the infinite twirling hammer) it's because little mac waits until you stop holding it or he side B off the cliff due to the suck's wind box and/or does his neutral b.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I just play Ryu. Most people online don't know how to deal with Shakunetsu pressure safely, so I can roast marshmallows over a camp fire with these guys until they do something stupid that I can blow them up for.

Heck, I've had players rage quit on me even when I'm not trying to be mean with Ryu. His neutral game and punish game can really overwhelm somebody if they don't know how to deal with it.

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
Simply using :4lucario:, no one likes the Aura Rage (unless they know how to deal with it or are a Lucario main, themselves). Being more specific, a KO with Extreme Speed, using said move onstage to purposely swoop right past the player - making them play Cat & Mouse, aaannd juggling them after an Up Throw - grab and repeat when they land close by.

Leaf Shield Footstools or Air Shooter Juggling. :4megaman:

Hugging (Grab, but don't throw / attack)

Playing as DK :4dk:. I honestly can't be more thorough with this, it just feels like I laid down the law if I win with him. (No, I'm not making an Expand joke, even though I'm okay with those.)

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Warning Received
Simply using :4lucario:, no one likes the Aura Rage (unless they know how to deal with it or are a Lucario main, themselves). Being more specific, a KO with Extreme Speed, using said move onstage to purposely swoop right past the player - making them play Cat & Mouse, aaannd juggling them after an Up Throw - grab and repeat when they land close by.
You disgusting furry garbage.
Please take a long walk off a short pier.

sovereigntea

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0146-9845-1024
I deem anyone who attacks me while taunting to be a dishonorable harlot
Of course I will gladly attack you while you taunt...

Top Bottom