• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your bad habits while playing as Ice Climbers?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
But how many of you really use Dair? I hardly see people Dair in videos with ICs. :3

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I usually only Dair if I know it will autocancel, or if I know it out-prioritizes an attack they have committed to.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I use d-air near above the opponent.
D-air can be used as a semi-recovery and it's useful for a solo climber.
If I'm way up near offscreen, I use d-air to go down.
If I get hit upwards, I use d-air.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I use Dair when I feel like it =P

I use it agasint characters with not so great vertical attacking options like Falco, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf.... ect.

D_C

Smash Rookie
For me I don't use there tilts... and I try not to smash to much but it ends up happening o.o
Chain grabbing is well everyones good part in playing IC just need to get it down so others can't get out of it. Erm... that's about it.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings

squall-cide

i lost a close match due to it.(who im kiddin, ive lost MANY close matches due to it, i fail with spacing w/ squall)

also, i tend to not CG at all, i occasionally IBL but thats about it>.>(but i have a good SoPo game thanks to it)

Taylor

Smash Cadet
I try to out-mindgame my opponent too much.

Well, risk vs reward. I'm feeling that it's worth it.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too grab happy :\

I still fight normally and de-sync and everything, but pretty much between each attack I attempt a grab :D

Normally gets me a face full of Fsmash.

Aishi

Smash Rookie
Desync taunting.

Nothing is better then two Ice Climbers screaming ORLY and YARLY at your face, then you approach and forget one of them can grab you.

:I

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
... I think d-air hates me.

I'm get a habit of using d-air when I'm above my opponent, and I always think it will hit.. I need to use more b-airs and n-airs instead of d-airs when I'm above my opponent, and that I always get caught on getting hit after d-air's ending lag sometimes. The fact is, d-air gives me a lot of trouble really, so I need to use it less.. x-x; Or maybe I'm just worn out of the battles because I've played to many matches and lost patience wanting my opponent to get hit a lot.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
My Nana tends to use Belay while I try to save her. That results in both of them just doing the throw-animation... Also happens frequently when trying to recover. I've actually started to prefer Squall for recovery purposes >_<

Also, I suck at b-throw chaingrabbing, but meh, who needs that, really?

FrozenHarpie

Smash Rookie
1 - Abuse squall. A lot.
2 - Neglect my little sister. For what it's worth, I do play a decent solo-popo.
3 - I very seldom grab.

Top Bottom