• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you watching?

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
I've been watching a ****load of anime lately. I tried to get into a few "normal" shows since summer break started for me but just haven't been able to. In other news, I've ranked every anime I've ever watched in order of my favorite. Here it is, the ones in bold are the ones I most recently watched:
34. Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
33. Neon Genesis Evangelion
32. Masamune-kun no Revenge
31. Haganai
30. Rosario + Vampire
29. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
28. To Love-Ru
27. Demi-chan
26. Tokyo Ghoul
25. No Game No Life
24. Manyuu Hikenchou

23. Fuuka
22. High School DxD
21. Blue Exorcist
20. Bleach
19. Your Lie in April
18. Akame ga Kill
17. Sword Art Online
16. High School of the Dead
15. Boku no Hero Academia
14. Angel Beats
13. Death Note
12. The Seven Deadly Sins
11. Another
10. Mirai Nikki
9. Date A Live
8. Toradora
7. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai!
6. Attack on Titan
5. Fairy Tail
4. Kill la Kill
3. One Punch Man
2. Erased
1. Steins;Gate
Currently watching Clockwork Planet and the respective second seasons of Attack on Titan and Boku no Hero Academia. Enjoying each very much.

Also just watched Kimi no Na wa. The concept was cool and the art was incredible, as well as the metaphors present within the film. However, the plot was kind of abstract and hard for me to follow, and I feel like I didn't really have time to relate to or get attached to any of the characters. Good movie, just didn't live up to its extraordinarily positive reviews in my eyes.

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
weeb
But one punch man is actually really good I agree
I wouldn't consider myself a weeb. While anime does offer some incredible elements that you won't find in western entertainment, I still find a lot of it to be cringeworthy and just weird in general, and I'm certainly not part of any "fandoms" that might be out there. So, I'd say I'm more of a casual watcher.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't consider myself a weeb. While anime does offer some incredible elements that you won't find in western entertainment, I still find a lot of it to be cringeworthy and just weird in general, and I'm certainly not part of any "fandoms" that might be out there. So, I'd say I'm more of a casual watcher.
lul i i was just joking
animes great tho i watch anime too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm watching All in the Family reruns throughout this week.

UpsettedFizz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Defender5X
In other news, I've ranked every anime I've ever watched in order of my favorite. Here it is, the ones in bold are the ones I most recently watched:
34. Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
33. Neon Genesis Evangelion
32. Masamune-kun no Revenge
31. Haganai
30. Rosario + Vampire
29. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
28. To Love-Ru
27. Demi-chan
26. Tokyo Ghoul
25. No Game No Life
24. Manyuu Hikenchou

23. Fuuka
22. High School DxD
21. Blue Exorcist
20. Bleach
19. Your Lie in April
18. Akame ga Kill
17. Sword Art Online
16. High School of the Dead
15. Boku no Hero Academia
14. Angel Beats
13. Death Note
12. The Seven Deadly Sins
11. Another
10. Mirai Nikki
9. Date A Live
8. Toradora
7. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai!
6. Attack on Titan
5. Fairy Tail
4. Kill la Kill
3. One Punch Man
2. Erased
1. Steins;Gate
Slide Noragami in that #12 spot and Kokoro Connect in that #5 spot.

D

Deleted member

Watching various vids on Smashvods with my girl :4bayonetta2: kicking ass in tournament play as well as more All in the Family reruns throughout this week.

Edit: That's it. No more Smash tourney vids for me. After seeing, like, 300 tourney matches over the past couple weeks, I have to admit that tournament play is awfully daunting and unsettling for me. I'll stick with casual play, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Watched the first episode of Bleach, one of my favorite anime shows in more recent years. Gotta get back into some good anime and give those Smash Bros. tournament match videos an eternal rest.

Sayonara :kirby:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Family Guy. TBT modern FG is awful around season 11 on. The show needs to end.

D

Deleted member

Catching up on my anime, I am. Watched the first episode of InuYasha (which I haven't watched for 10 years) as well as episode 2 of Bleach.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Finally watched scott pilgrim the other day in a little break from my binge watching of durarara, just started the final ketsu arc. Also started date a live recently.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Watching my life fall into a spiraling abyss.

Uhh, Hungrybox netplay streams.

D

Deleted member

Episode 2 of InuYasha. Also watched the first two episodes of Sailor Moon, an anime I was really into back in 1999 and forgot about some 15 years ago. It feels good to see that again but now it looks like my beloved '70s Saturday morning cartoons to me.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Despite the stigmas around its genre(s), Date A Live was surprisingly good
So far I have liked Date a Live more than I thought I would, I am about midway through season 2. Finished Drrr (easily one of my favorite anime, highly recommended) and Haven't You Heard I am Sakamoto (Decent overall, in my opinion the middle was a little rough but the beginning and end were solid).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I caught up on more anime I forgot about: watched the first two episodes Dragon Ball Z and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's today.

D

Deleted member

This year, I am getting back into the original Dragon Ball Z. Watched Unlikely Alliance, Piccolo's Plan, and Gohan's Rage episodes this morning.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It can be very funny but the humor is extremely hit-or-miss.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Just finished Titanic.

It was better than I remember. Maybe I just grew up a tad since that point. Dunno.

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
Currently watching some Star Trek: TNG on Netflix.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Really looking forwards to Tokyo Ghoul: Re, not sure if I want to watch something new (Thinking about trying Erased) or just re-watch Tokyo Ghoul while I wait.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I finished all 11 seasons of that 80-90s sitcom Cheers. Overall a very funny show dealing in adult psychological humor. There were several jerky plot decisions made around actors leaving or other inconveniences that felt out of character and the later seasons were weaker with a bad ending. That aside, Cheers stayed fresh, smart and funny. I can talk about it if anyone else has seen the show.

Now I moved into Fraiser, a spinoff of Cheers starring Kelsey Grammer.

I tried watch SSB Melee on youtube but damn does that game jerk the camera all over. :psycho:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Been binge watching mha with a friend this past week with a friend, started off ok but kept getting better and is probably one of my favorites now, about 6 episodes left from being all caught up.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hey this thread got bumped. I finished Frasier. It was really good until the last season, 11, when it went downhill but that's expected of a TV series. I wish the Simpsons would die with dignity; it was good until around season 10. I also watched Parks and Recreation which was very funny all the way through the end at s7. IDK what to watch now. I tried Matt Groening's Disenchanted but it sucked.

Last edited:

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
I got around to watching Aqua teen hunger force

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
Found myself hooked on Mystery Science Theater 3000 once again, but on YouTube and Pluto TV! Aside from the Netflix reboot, I haven't seen of original show for a long time, ever since the SciFi channel era.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Marathoning Adventure Time from the beginning while trying to hold back crying after seeing the end.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've seen three episodes of Toradora so far. Another anime I've been watching is an older one from a Shonen Jump manga, called Cat's Eye. It's repetitive and it lacks energy, but I like the plot and characters, so I'll keep watching to see what happens.

The other show I've been watching is a Canadian cartoon called Class of the Titans, which contains many references to Greek mythology. I studied Greek mythology to create a Fakedex, so I can spot a lot of these references. The cartoon's a little bit cheesy, but good otherwise.
I finished all 11 seasons of that 80-90s sitcom Cheers. Overall a very funny show dealing in adult psychological humor. There were several jerky plot decisions made around actors leaving or other inconveniences that felt out of character and the later seasons were weaker with a bad ending. That aside, Cheers stayed fresh, smart and funny. I can talk about it if anyone else has seen the show.
I've actually been watching that show myself. Recently, I started season 2. Some of the episodes I find quite boring, but others have a good amount of jokes I find funny. I am glad that
Sam and Diane already got together instead of doing it in the very last episode or something.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Beezlebub, Zatch Bell (finally got around to it), and Yamishibai to get into the Halloween mood. :grin:

Top Bottom