• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are YOU looking for in an online tournament?

FearTheMateria

Smash Apprentice
I made one and ended up canceling becuz it wasn't filling up like I thought it would. In this thread, list some things that you like to see in a regular/themed tourny so I can adjust before making a new one. Looking forward to some interesting answers!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd like to see items, banned stages, and possibly Melee characters if it's possible.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Too many tier related tournaments, but they are still pretty popular.
You shouldn't try teams as a first tourney because it will usually fail anyways.

Needs moar Mewtwo.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
as long as i can use ike,i don't really care for the theme:laugh:
and team tourneys usually fail here;/
low tier tourneys seem to be the thing now tho lol

:ike:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Usually tournaments with prizes feel up pretty quick. You should also start out with a low entrants list. Your last one was too large.

MR.3

Smash Rookie
banned stages, prizes, and MOAR MAGIKARP!!! or like atleast one. You know if he was ever included he'd be god tier.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Usually what helps is if the first post looks nice and organized. Large tourneys usually do not fill up. Easy to read rules can also help, and counter picks are not to off. What really helps is a prize. Also I look forward to it if there is a good deadline for the first round.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
Incredible Awesomeness of Unique Creativity!!!!!!!!!!!!

and a prize i guess.....

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, pretty true.

maybe some time before the summer ends and im not too busy

i can host quickie 16-man or 32-mans with standard rules.

otl knows i'm active so they could depend on me being on task. it's just i haven't held wifi tournys before

offline though, i have.

only thing, i can't provide prize... so most of the time i just prefer friendlies, and usually the friendlies are the driving force of OTL cuz it's how we all get to know each other and find each others' status and level in playing skill

we'll seee

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
yeah, pretty true.

maybe some time before the summer ends and im not too busy

i can host quickie 16-man or 32-mans with standard rules.

otl knows i'm active so they could depend on me being on task. it's just i haven't held wifi tournys before

offline though, i have.

only thing, i can't provide prize... so most of the time i just prefer friendlies, and usually the friendlies are the driving force of OTL cuz it's how we all get to know each other and find each others' status and level in playing skill

we'll seee
If I could I would give out prizes for my tourneys, but right now I am only 16 years old, and at the state California is in right now. It is almost impossible for me to get a job. :(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol you live in cali? me too :) what part?

but yeah buddy, i know what you mean. i'm trying to get a job too. freaking hard. freakin schwarzenegger :p

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
lol you live in cali? me too :) what part?

but yeah buddy, i know what you mean. i'm trying to get a job too. freaking hard. freakin schwarzenegger :p
Well schwarzenegger was in the movie Terminater so he can what ever he wants >_>.

Also I am in the Napa Valley area, were everyone has to much whine. Seriously people give you whine if you move in there <_<. Well at least it is pretty darn tasty.

So yeah I hope to get up some regular tourneys after the Perfect World is over.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Lol I would some more toruneys but we still dont have internet at my house, I hate BT:mad:lol

Top Bottom