• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Wii Fit Trainer's strengths?

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
One thing that usually helps me when I try to pick up a new character is for me to understand what the character is good at since every character typically has their own unique set of strengths and weaknesses. Answering these questions would go a long way for me in terms of learning this character.

So what are Wii Fit Trainer's strengths? (Starting to understand her weaknesses fairly well.)
How does Wii Fit Trainer create pressure? (Safe attacks to throw against shield?)
What does Wii Fit Trainer do in the neutral game? (Poking seems unimpressive due to lack of range on attacks.)
How should Wii Fit Trainer punish? (Unimpressive range on normals and grabs, not to mention wonky hitboxes.)

Last edited:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Strengths - Fantastic projectile (seriously, sun salutation is great. Soccer ball is good too), recovery is good, mobility is fantastic and aerial game is decent too.
Pressure - You can't really pressure someone's shield outside of your projectiles and Ftilt and Dtilt. The tilts are fast, so they're good, but Ftilt lacks range in exchange for godly knockback. Your best bet is to throw out a fast fall Nair and land behind the opponent. Other than that, DTilt and Ftilt get the job done at times but only when you're certain they'll hit.
Neutral - You have GOOD mobility. Use it. Create space between you and your opponent and throw projectiles as often as you can. Her throws aren't bad, so you can mix in a grab every now and then. If the opponent likes to roll behind me, I like to throw out jabs because of the back hatbox sends them decently far. Once your opponent is over 100%, do Deep Breathing. Your opponent knows you're gonna start going for the kill at this point and are going to be pressured to shield a lot more, so this is your chance to exploit their shield habit with some throws.
Punishes - Dash attack comes out fast and does 6%, but it sends them in the air which is where I like to have my opponent so I can create pressure with Uair/Fair/Nair. Her throws all do good percentage too (around 10%) so abuse them as well. If you have a sun salutation charged up and you feel like you won't get to your opponent in time to punish them with a physical attack, use it instead. If they're coming in from above, use Usmash. Her hands are invincible, so it'll beat practically everything (including Link's Dair and Bowser Bomb.)

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Strength's- Her strength is her Anti air pressure with SHNair and a reverse F-tilt also her combo's are really huge coming from her SHFFNair also a lot of off stage pressure with Sun Salutation and SideB also anti edgeguard movesets.I also believe she does well in trades since she could follow up with her Nair.
Pressure- Hmm that's kinda hard its either between backward Fair or SHNair but u gotta land behind which they cant really punish since u will be in a perfect position for a backward Ftilt.I
Neutral-Like DJ said great mobility as well as space control with her projectile since you could toss out little sun balls.Also air dodge Bair works wonders since a lot of people don't see it coming but anyway you could change your gameplay at any moment from defensive to aggressive or passive aggressive.
Punish-Her best punish are running pivot Ftilt SHHFNair into combos and grabs sometimes i feel like her punish are hard to force out due to her range or just plain out whiffs.

Top Bottom