• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the chances you will start using Toon Link instead?

Linkubus

Smash Cadet
TL seems to play more like the Link from Melee - he's faster and easier to combo with. I don't like playing with weaker characters though, so I would sacrifice speed for Link's strength.

I won't make a total switch, that's for sure, but I could see myself playing TL a LOT more often than I olayed Young Link from Melee. I'll use him for situational purposed, where speed could be an advantage.

Swil

Smash Apprentice
I mained Young Link in Melee. I am looking forward to use both Link, and Toon Link in Brawl. I will probably use regular Link more, since he seems less effective, and using a lower tier character has always been more interesting to me, but I am glad to see my favorite version of link (WW link) in this game, and looking amazing as well.

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
never really like windwaker, the story was great but the graphics made the game a 40 hour eyesore. I'm sticking with link.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'll probably switch to Toon Link because speed is more my style. BUT I'll still use Link often, just not main him. I like switching it up a lot, not sticking with one character forever.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
yes, i like toon link better this time. there´s something about that bomb smoke of his. it´s just so cool. also gotta love his classic/original link outfit. i´ll switch to toon link, maybe.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
never really like windwaker, the story was great but the graphics made the game a 40 hour eyesore. I'm sticking with link.
don´t really agree with ya, but hey, to each his own. it wasn´t the best zelda ever, but it wasn´t that bad either. to me the graphics were appropriate for the mood of da game. and it was fun too

HaseoXth000

Smash Rookie
The way I see it is that speed isn't everything. You can take a light and fast character and a heavy but slower one will see more life average. I guess you can say there is not really a better character but just a preference. Neither is going to be better without the skills to back him up. So if an experienced Link player played Link in Brawl up against a first-timer using Toon Link obviously the experienced player is going to win. The way I see it is using either Link or Toon Link will depend on my mood/the character I'm going up against.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
At first i thought of maining Link like i did in Melee, but i switched into TL when he was confirmed. Mostly because i think TL is the "real" Link (in all the first Zelda games, Link was a kid until OoT), is why i prefer him over Link. He even has the retro colors!

Additionally, he's faster, has better aerials and jumps higher, and his aerials are great for combos. But even if TL would be bottom tier, i would still main him.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
It depends how he differs from Young Link in Melee and how his moves are tweaked compared to Link. His Down air attack looks very very promising.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
toon link is cool. but Link will always be my main
Link is the best and I can't complain

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Link has just as good of an approach as Toon Link does. You lead with tossing out your boomerang/bomb, follow up with swordplay. They both seemed perfectly balanced to me, if they were in the tier list, I believe they would be at the same tier level. They have the same approach, but different combos and stats.

It depends on which combos you like better, and what you would prefer more, Link's Power and Range, minus the speed, or Toon Link's speed and combos, minus the heaviness. It all seems to balance out, thats why I believe they would be at the same tier level.

Top Bottom