• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the chances that japanese brawl...

RazeveX

Smash Ace
will have an english translation option?

I have SSBX on order, and when it comes, will i have to blindly guess my way through menus?

What do you think?

The biggest problem for me is SSE. I want to play through it, but i also want to understand whats going on for the first time. Do they speak? Subtitles would do.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
I hope Brawl has an Japanese translation option. Japanese voices FTW XD
QFT

...Or more like the Japanese version has ALL of the voice samples.. ( Fox and Falco are so silent on US... )

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I don't think so.. I don't even know if you can play ssbx on an english wii, unless if you mod. I'm not sure tho..

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Negative. Brawl was delayed because of several things including TRANSLATION, so having a switch option on the Japanese one would just make it seem like the bigwigs are being idiots. Sadly no.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Youre going to have to search your way around until you find a "Language" button in English.
They had that in Melee, so youll be able to change the language.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
if the japanese melee had and english option i would assume that the japanese brawl would have one as well. it seems unlikely they'd be taking steps backwards.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Actually, brawl was delayed because they needed more time to make copies of the game...
In my first post I said there were several reasons that they delayed it including translation.:ohwell: Does no one read posts anymore? I know they're making more copies of the game, but why do you think they had that 2 weeks between release for Japan and North America for the Feb 10th thing? I bet the translation wasn't up to par so they needed a few more weeks to do translation and then around 2 weeks + to make copies. Btw, Japanese Melee didn't have English switch on it.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
In my first post I said there were several reasons that they delayed it including translation.:ohwell: Does no one read posts anymore? I know they're making more copies of the game, but why do you think they had that 2 weeks between release for Japan and North America for the Feb 10th thing? I bet the translation wasn't up to par so they needed a few more weeks to do translation and then around 2 weeks + to make copies. Btw, Japanese Melee didn't have English switch on it.
Actually I did read your whole post, it's just that I've never seen anyone say (with proof) that it was delayed because they were translating the brawl versions for other languages along with other things.

Alright then, brawl will have a japanese translation. Point is it won't help the person that made the thread because he's playing a japanese version of the game on an english wii. That's wy I stated that he needs to mod his wii so he can actually play it. Please read my posts when you tell me to read yours.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
This kinda a weird/stupid question. Correct me if I am wrong....if the game is already translated in English all they would need to do was make copies,and the game would have probably been released on Feb. 10. So if all the text in the Japanese version could be translated to English,on the Japanese version then the game would come earlier.

S2

Smash Lord
This kinda a weird/stupid question. Correct me if I am wrong....if the game is already translated in English all they would need to do was make copies,and the game would have probably been released on Feb. 10. So if all the text in the Japanese version could be translated to English,on the Japanese version then the game would come earlier.
I think the concern is simply having enough copies to fill all the demand when Brawl arrives here.

Nintendo would get so much #*$# if they released it earlier but couldn't meet the initial demand.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
The biggest problem for me is SSE. I want to play through it, but i also want to understand whats going on for the first time. Do they speak? Subtitles would do.
No....no Nintendo characters speak, really, except for Peach on a couple of occasions. It's all implied, like a ballet, through motions and gasps and reactions.

deadmon

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't language change be an option in the options menu? It wasn't seen on the options update afterall. Let's hope they added to it since then.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Well, if it did have an option, then we would be getting it around the time Japan gets it.

Before the problem with the number of copies, America and Japan had a different date of release. What would they do in the differences of time frame? My only thought would be to translate the game to an English version. The American version had the option because they took the Japanese version and translated. It doesn't work the other way around. If they had an option, we would then get the version they made because it doesn't take much effort to set it as English with the input already there, and it doesn't take that long to ship the copies.

=]

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Well, if it did have an option, then we would be getting it around the time Japan gets it.
Not at all.

Beyond any thing else, I'm willing to believe that the reason the releases are spaced out as far as they are, is because Nintendo really needs the extra time to put the finishing touches on their servers. The Japanese/Asian onslaught is already going to be pretty large itself...add in the US, and you're pretty much asking for your servers to die a painful demise.

So, in essence, the JP fans will give Nintendo about a month's worth of time to try and better analyze the situation, so that they can best prepare their servers for what is to come. In the end, they're doing the Americans a favor by making them wait a lil while. The whining that is prevalent now and in the next few weeks is the lesser of two evils, compared to the massive amounts of whining that would be present if they released a game with unoptimized online service.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
ok plenty of people are not helping at all.

@your hero + others: where did i say i have an english wii? I'm not from the uk, and even if i was i'm still smart enough to know about region encoding, etc.

@Sonovin + others:

No, language option doesn't mean you'd get it the same time as japan. Has anyone picked up the tiny itsy bitsy clue that australia doesn't get the game until AFTER EUROPE? Yet, English is the language of Australia. Make sense? It should.

The purpose of this thread wasn't to debate release dates, anyway, It is to discuss whether or not we think SSBX will have english translation or not.

S2

Smash Lord
Japanese version of Melee did not have English.

Or so I was told when I asked this question months ago.
That's a good point.

But did the English localiazation of Melee exist when the Japanese version got released?

Cause it seems like the English text/voices exists in some form. You'd imagine this time they could just slap it in.

Oh well, I only really care if the US version has a Japanese option.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Fat chance! Nintendo is all about keeping their sanctimonious regional markets in order. Thats why none of their games are region free like PS3 or some Xbox 360 titles. They dont want to encourage importing.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
There's no talking or writing in the SSE.
Unless the first 2 stages shown in demos are the only ones who don't speak, but seriously, a game that speaks/writes, but has no intro?
The only text you'll be seeing will be the character's name and the text for choosing difficulty, stickers, characters, etc.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
@your hero + others: where did i say i have an english wii? I'm not from the uk, and even if i was i'm still smart enough to know about region encoding, etc.
Well, you could have stated that to us, you were speaking english so we thought you had an english wii.

Top Bottom