• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some options Falco has from the ledge?

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Falco's ledgedash is really powerful. Not quite as good as Fox since Fox has such a high speed and acceleration, but still good enough that you can screw people over who don't respect the option, and establish a foothold against people that do.

LHDL is an option you can pull off if they're a bit out of place.

Ledgehop immediate side B is alright since you can use some invincibility to cover your startup.

Dropdown wallkick side B is a mixup albeit a risky one. I don't really like it that much.

There's a lot more, but that should get you started.

Last edited:

PCHU

Smash Lord
Falco's ledgedash is really powerful. Not quite as good as Fox since Fox has such a high speed and acceleration, but still good enough that you can screw people over who don't respect the option, and establish a foothold against people that do.

LHDL is an option you can pull off if they're a bit out of place.

Ledgehop immediate side B is alright since you can use some invincibility to cover your startup.

Dropdown wallkick side B is a mixup albeit a risky one. I don't really like it that much.

There's a lot more, but that should get you started.
I actually really like the walljump -> sideB option since the walljump typically serves as enough of a "stall" to where they won't react to the sideB in time, but I typically don't get up until I'm fairly certain what they're in position to cover.

In a game, i'm usually caught using the same recovery from the ledge. What are some mix ups i can do?
Familiarize yourself with your opponents actions and reactions and try to go from there.
You'll find it a lot easier to get better with the option select you already have than going and looking for new options, but I won't discourage learning of any sort (the problem you have seems to be with the basics, though, which is why I suggest grasping that first).

SomethingRaven

Smash Cadet
You have a lot of options from ledge.

Double laze is a good option if you have the space for it.

Shine -> Arial is really good if your opponent is trying for a gimp or is standing to close to ledge
on that note shine turnaround bair is very good.

using b specials from ledge is always very risky just because if you miss you're boned. Although if you only use it once throughout an entire set and use it in a way that somehow works it could be a good mixup.

Wavedash onto ledge is always good when people don't expect you to be anywhere but on ledge

Oskurito

Smash Lord
These are the ones I usually use:

get up attack, regular roll, regular get up, double laser, ledgedash, firebird stall, instant jump and illusion, drop jump wall jump illusion, drop then jump with fair/dair.

Top Bottom