• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some games on your backlog that you have never went back and played, or beaten?

GeN17

Smash Rookie
NNID
MageWolf
I have a HUGE backlog, it's absolutely unbelievable. I actually had to go and write it down, it's that bad. I was looking at it and it got me thinking: What games have you all been meaning to play or put on the back burner that you haven't went back and played and/or beaten? I will start with one of mine. One game I have been meaning to beat is Shadow of the Colossus. I played a few hours of it, absolutely enjoyed what I played, yet I didn't go back and play it. I have owned the game for like 2 years now, and I have not gone back to beat it.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Hyrule Warriors is the first one that comes to mind. I had tons of fun playing it, but I haven't gotten around to playing it more.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
According to my records, I own 332 games I haven't beaten, 97 of which I have not even started.

So yeah, I'm not listing all that.

As it happens, though, Shadow of the Colossus is one of the games on that list.

Also, for what it's worth, backloggery.com is a very good resource for this.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I picked up both Dino Crisis and Baiten Kaitos for cheap at a local game store. I played about an hour of both before putting them d own and setting them aside for later. That was about three months ago. I intended to play through them over the summer, but school and work have eaten up my time I'd usually use for blasting through games.

Looking at my Steam library, there's The Longest Journey series, which I've been wanting to play for years ever since the box art of the first game capture my childhood self's imagination whenever I'd browse the computer games at Office Max. I bought it in a summer sale and installed it, but aside from that I haven't even touched it. No time, unfortunately.

Also, Code Name Steam. It's a fantastic game, but Monster Hunter 4 came out around the same time so my friends and I ended up getting together and playing that 24/7 instead.

Inclemence

Smash Rookie
I picked up Fallout 3 about a year ago, played it about half way, and never bothered touching in again, which was funny considering i was no life(ing) it for a few days.

Never could figure out how to beat Metroid Prime ask a kid, so I never bothered with it.

Last few I can think of was Mass Effects 3 since a friend of mine got me hooked to Warframe, and LoZ: Twilight Princess since I was too dumb as a kid to figure out some of the puzzles and rage-quit.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Never got too far in Xenoblade, but I've had it for the past couple years. I guess it's time to visit it again.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
If I took a picture of all the games in my back log I'd need like a billboard sized panarama shot.

I started seriously buying and selling games 5 years ago and I kept all the games I wanted to play instead of selling them right away. Well here I am now with like 500 games I want to get to across the 16 consoles I own....there's no way, not enough time :sadeyes:

At the top of my list are all the rare PS1 games I've accrued over the years, but the PS1 library is so massive!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh, I also never finished Legend of Dragoon, just got to about the end of the second disc. That's a good game. In addition, I still have to complete Bravely Default (got stuck at Victor and Victoria).

moist teabag

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5189-1454
For me it's bayonetta which I really regret not finishing and have been meaning to get back to bc it's just so different and i want to experience that fabled ending first hand. Also I need to finish Skyrim, but I'm currently working through that, plus you never really finish skyrim.
o damn, also LoZ: majora's mask and OoT, cave story, far cry 3, dishonored. the list goes on...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. I played about an hour of it and thought it was pretty fun, though I haven't touched it in over two years for some reason.

Also Donkey Kong 64, Brütal Legend, and Saints Row IV. Every time I try to finish these games I play for about 10 minutes and get bored.

On top of all of these, I haven't even played half of my games on Steam.

Last edited:

moist teabag

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5189-1454
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. I played about an hour of it and thought it was pretty fun, though I have touched it in over two years for some reason.

Also Donkey Kong 64, Brütal Legend, and Saints Row IV. Every time I try to finish these games I play for about 10 minutes and get bored.

On top of all of these, I haven't even played half of my games on Steam.
i don't think anyone's played mire than half of their games on steam

Ionsword

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionsword
I can name a few right off the back, Fire Emblem: The Scared Stones, Fire Emblem 7: Hector Mode,( Including the Hacked version FE7if, and the Last Promise)

Squigglydot

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-7785-8307
There's so many I need to get to, but above everything else there's Silent Hill, Earthbound, and Ocarina of Time

I also need to get around to playing Metal Gear Solid 4. I've played almost every other one, after all.

GeN17

Smash Rookie
NNID
MageWolf
Wow, a lot of these games I have beaten or even 100%, like Ocarina of TIme, Majora's Mask, and Xenoblade Chronicles. I just have to say, PLAY THROUGH THEM. They are all masterpieces in my eyes.

finalark

SNORLAX
Silent Hill
The first Silent Hill is actually pretty short, clocking in at around six hours for me. I actually beat it in one sitting, blind, on my first play through. As long as you play it smart and have a good head for puzzles it shouldn't take you too long.

So if you have an evening to kill its a pretty good way to do it.

Last edited:

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
There are a lot but on top of the list are Shenmue, Metroid other M, Final Fantasy XIII lightning returns, ICO & Shadow of the colossus, DK tropical freeze and No more heroes

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
My backlog's pretty big too. The ones I can remember on the top of my head are Ocarina of Time, Kirby's Epic Yarn, the Ratchet and Clank collection, Skyrim, and the Spyro games. Oh, and Rayman Origins. I remembered once I found it just chilling with the rest of my handheld games and wondering when did I ever got Rayman Origins XD.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
As of now:

*The first Legacy of Kain game "Blood Omen"
*DKC returns
*Pokemon X
*Freedom Planet
*Getting the true ending on Valkyrie Profile on my PSX
*XCOM: Enemy Unknown
*Zelda: Oracle of seasons.

Those are the ones at the top of my head.

Bairbie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dowsingmachine
3DS FC
4124-5226-4163
Most of my library is made up of games I've started but never finished...Bayonetta, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, and Wind Waker come to mind.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Off the top of my head:
- The PS1 era Final Fantasies excluding Tactics (War of the Lions). I'm thinking of getting FF8 and maybe FF7 on Steam. I dropped FFT:WotL because I didn't like how easy it was to lose units.
- Star Ocean: Second Evolution (PSP)
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (Xenoblade ate up my time)
- Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Tales of Vesperia
- Dark Cloud 2 (gonna try to beat that though)

EZdelFresco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaliKid_E
Man where to begin? There's Metal Gear Rising, Transistor, that recent Strider game, and Shadow of Mordor to name a few.

SurrealBrain

Smash Cadet
Metal Gear Solid. I enjoyed what I played...but I'm kinda worried about the shape of the discs, since I got it from a friend. I think I might get the download version one day and probably start anew.

Nearly all Zelda games are lucky if I can get halfway through. I never was into the Zelda series. I did beat Hyrule Warriors, though. And Star Fox Adventures is amazing, so I dunno what it is keeping me from fully enjoying Zelda...

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
Mother 3.
I played it for 8 hours straight than i just stopped. I got to...
[collapse=Mother 3 spoilers]HINAWA'S DEATH (cri) [/collapse]

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Tales of Legendia. Bought it at a GameStop because I knew if I put off buying it, I'd never see it again. Never actually played it, though.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I took a break after binge playing it, and now I forgot how to continue the story.
SMT IV and Bravely Default for reasons stated ^
FF XIII-2. Got to the endgame, turns out the game is no longer a JRPG but a platformer. I just stopped here.

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
Alien: Isolation

Sitting there unopened next to my XBone.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Mother 3.
I played it for 8 hours straight than i just stopped. I got to...
[collapse=Mother 3 spoilers]HINAWA'S DEATH (cri) [/collapse]
FINISH THAT **** MANE. LITERALLY THE BEST GAME EVER.

I only have one at the moment...

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
- This game was such a disappointment compared to how much I absolutely loved the entries prior to this one. I just get frustrated with how not up-to-par it is, and I can never get past more than like one dungeon every two months.

Top Bottom