• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some Aesthetic or Cosmetic changes would you like to see?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
There are some really neat Easter Eggs and other small details that are really cool. So what are some more ideas that could be added to the game? Also, don't talk about Alternate Costume ideas, I mean smaller details.

I would personally like Luigi's Fair and Fsmash to have a electric effect. These effects would be fully cosmetic and wouldn't effect how the move is performed. The reason I would love this change is for two reasons. One, it would be a very good reference to Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Two, the chop and poke don't feel as if they do a lot of damage like Mario's Fair and Fsmash. So making them have a cool electric effect would make him feel more badass.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
Cant stress this enough as weeg player but make opponents light up on GREEN fire when hit with his fireball.

Ganondorf, purple effects when hit with darkness. Cool. Mewtwo, lights opponents up in purple fire with shadowball. Nice. Mario. Red fire, red fire damage. Makes sense. Luigi, green fi-NOPE gotta stick with red fire effects!

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I love it when characters have taunts that reference their games, like Diddy's juggling. I think it'd be great if DK got something like that, too - they could probably replace his head-shake taunt with something cheeky from DKC.

Oh! And I would love it if you could play as Nana, like in Melee. : >

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Currently just one thing, if they haven't already changed this.

Ivysaur's Up B hit on the tip should have the original sfx, not the "PING" sfx. Aside from liking the stinging zap noise it made in vanilla, the vine having the ping sfx just can't bring out the intended impact. That noise has never been about landing tipper or sweetspot hits. It's a "shock" sound effect, as if saying "Whoa, what happened!?" or "What the heck??" It works with the Home Run Bat because it's a powerful OHKO from a single swing while its lesser attacks are nowhere near that strong. It works with G&W's Judgement because it's a OHKO that can suddenly happen at any point. It works with Luigi's Fire Jump Punch because of its extreme power and difficulty landing it as well as being pretty unexpected from Luigi. It even works with a weak move from Luigi's taunt because it's a taunt! It says "Who I just attacked him with my taunt!" And this logic applies to Jigglypuff's Rest, 'cause how often is falling asleep a fatal weapon?

The vine however is in the same category as Marth's tipper. It's powerful at the tip, but not absurd. It's also rather expected at this point. Smash typically places sweetspots at the edge of a move, so experienced players will naturally think "If I attack like this, I should get a better outcome". The *ping* is for special, interesting cases and is one of Smash's staple trademarks. I feel Vine Whip having it sort of diminishes its uniqueness.

This has actually bothered me for a while, but I never brought it up anywhere else because I remember seeing somebody else get looked down on for bring it up. They were like "That's not important for PMBR to consider, don't bring that up!" just because it wasn't directly related to combat balance. I've been afraid to mention it since, but the reality is that it's wrong to not even allow such concerns to be mentioned. P:M isn't gonna please everyone. There's bound to be things like and disliked for individual reasons, and that's fine. I would normally consider a sound effect complaint trivial, but this is the *PING* sfx, probably the most recognized non-voice sfx in Smash. It ought to be treated a bit more respectfully. In my opinion of course.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
"never been about landing tipper or sweetspot hits". Ness' forward smash? which at the TIP triggers the sound too. Also, your example using luigi, G&W, and jigglypuff for the "shock" purpose only ruling is debatable. I know what you're trying to say but there are plenty of attacks that connect and can "shock" you. You can apply that feeling of WHOA to any strong attack, and plus like I mentioned there's Ness which doesn't fit under your reasoning. I just can't see a strong argument here.

Vine Whip had a very basic and in my opinion boring sweet spot hit. The ping sound really places an impact on successfully connecting the hit and makes you feel real good hearing that ping go off. I personally would hate for hit to be change back and it's one of the best aesthetic changes for Ivy I feel.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I'll have to try Ness's 'cause I've used him enough and I swear I either don't hear it or it's a tad more muted. Or maybe I'm just not listening for it. Interesting how it stands out for me with the wild and unexpected attacks, but not a typical smash

I can see some people feeling otherwise regarding what sfx is used. As said, I like the stinging zap effect Vine Whip previously had. Maybe it needs more of a whip-crack for more power. Indeed Brawl had a lot of underwhelming effects, so I'm not surprised at all somebody thinks VW's original tipper sfx is weak.

...Thinking about it, part of this comes from the nostalgia of experiencing that SFX in SSB64. And Ness's bat did sort of resemble the HR Bat, so perhaps it wasn't as strange back then to have the ping on his bat. Perhaps it's more about tradition with Ness than his bat's tipper (for me I like the bat crack sfx Ness's bat makes, so maybe I'm subconsciously looking for that instead of the ping).

Either way I still feel the same. I don't mean to present a conceited view on the sound effect, but the novelty is diminished on Vine Whip. And I suppose I didn't quite express my feelings when describing "shock". Yeah anybody can be surprised what they consider an unexpected attack result. But Smash generally handles this unexpectedness in a way that can be differentiated from general surprise.

lag comp

Smash Rookie
I'm with Anomilus on this one. It would be like adding a ping sound effect on C. Falcon Fair just because...yeah

Anyhow, they should change the characters portraits where the damage can be seen while on a stage, they're really ugly.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
- Blue flames for Dry Bowser / Dry Giga Bowser's Fire Breath.
- Melee's slash SFX sound more satisfying than Brawl's.
- Fixed character portraits. Good lord some of these alt. costume portraits seem so zoomed out, like Mr. L and Classic Wolf; it looks so weird compared to regular character portraits. Dr. Mario and Outset Link's portraits on the other hand look pretty good.
- Is Roy supposed to be that small? I don't remember him being shorter than Marth...

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
- Blue flames for Dry Bowser / Dry Giga Bowser's Fire Breath.
- Melee's slash SFX sound more satisfying than Brawl's.
- Fixed character portraits. Good lord some of these alt. costume portraits seem so zoomed out, like Mr. L and Classic Wolf; it looks so weird compared to regular character portraits. Dr. Mario and Outset Link's portraits on the other hand look pretty good.
- Is Roy supposed to be that small? I don't remember him being shorter than Marth...
He was always shorter than Marth.

Lethalx

Smash Cadet
Give Dark link Purple shadow crap like, Ganondorf/Mewtwo and ill be set

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I think Ganon needs Darkness or lightning effect around every single move and throw. Imagine Fair with a darkness effect around it just like Wizard Foot.... Bad ass!!

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I want to be able to customize my own Landmaster, so when I pull out it out I can get the females to turn their head.
They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty

but i'm just regular dirty.

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
I really dislike CF's sound effects in P:M. In melee it sounds meaty, but in P:M it sounds like you're throwing paper in a thrashcan. Melee SFX might make P:M CF more enjoyable.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think Ganon needs Darkness or lightning effect around every single move and throw. Imagine Fair with a darkness effect around it just like Wizard Foot.... Bad ***!!
He definitely needs lightning incorporated into his moveset. They slightly demonstrated this with his new up-tilt, but not to the full effect his Legend of Zelda counterpart has displayed. Also: we need a classic Ganondorf skin! Pretty sure that's in the works though.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
He definitely needs lightning incorporated into his moveset. They slightly demonstrated this with his new up-tilt, but not to the full effect his Legend of Zelda counterpart has displayed. Also: we need a classic Ganondorf skin! Pretty sure that's in the works though.
Indeed. I was surprised when I didn't see one. I'd personally like to see ganondarf given a ball of light projectile to replace his b attack.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I want a new animation for Ganon's up-smash, it looks kinda bad on him, and also i would like to see his grounded Wizard Foot brawl animation, it looked like he just levitated in a very badass way.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
how about HD textures for DL64, Metal Cavern, Hyrule temple, etc.
HD Textures won't do all the job, they would need to overhaul the stages adding more details and polygons to the stage models (like transforming the 2D bushes of Dreamland 64 to 3D), giving them 3D backgrounds, and better textures, i would love to see this happening.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
HD Textures won't do all the job, they would need to overhaul the stages adding more details and polygons to the stage models (like transforming the 2D bushes of Dreamland 64) to 3D, giving them 3D backgrounds, and better textures, i would love to see this happening.

i stand corrected then, but if your telling me this than they would be 100x better than just putting new textures, this would be great to see and a really nice touch up

is 3.0 still using the old menu? you know the brawl menu with the huge ass buttons?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
- A lightning effect when hit by Masked Man Lucas' Fsmash. And a sword sound *if possible* just because the WHACK noise is a little off.

- Blue fire for Dry Bowser

Green flame effects for Weegee.

- DK's headshake taunt replaced with either a thumbs-up and a "Cool!" soun effect from DK64, or his overhead cheer from DKC1.

Seriously though. Those effects on the Peach costumes are legit.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I don't know if I already posted this, but I want the "waving fists in front of him" idle pose for Lucas gone. It doesn't represent his character properly--he's timid, yes, but not a stickler for fighting, especially from Chapter 4 of Mother 3 onwards.

I think a cooler one that doesn't have a lot of animation work would be giving him a pose where he suddenly freezes in place and stares ahead, like he's suffering from PTSD. At least it implies he'd been through a lot but doesn't cry about it.

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see more taunts that you can hold forever. Yoshi's side-taunt or the Ice Climbers' down-taunt would be perfect candidates.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Adding to that, Zelda's side-taunt and Sonic's finger taunt, as well as MAYBE Snake's smoking taunt? Could be good for that as well.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
- New Menus
- Different CSPs from Brawl
- Different art style for character textures (think Smash 3 project)
- Better SFX
- Better results screen
- More music
- Get someone to make a custom PM soundtrack for you guys
- New announcer

I want to forget that this is a brawl mod basically.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
-
- DK's headshake taunt replaced with either a thumbs-up and a "Cool!" sound effect from DK64, or his overhead cheer from DKC1.
I'd like to see a reference to his coconut that fires in spurts, I mean he's not gonna shot yo, cause that is gonna hurt.
But yeah, the overhead cheer is a good candidate. Heck, even him blowing air like in the newer dk games would be cool.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait a minute! How could I have forgotten the most important one?!

Yoshi's Egg Throw eggs sharing the same color as he is, just like the shield/side-b do now. That's like, a must!

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Wait a minute! How could I have forgotten the most important one?!

Yoshi's Egg Throw eggs sharing the same color as he is, just like the shield/side-b do now. That's like, a must!

Im positive they want to do this, and would have if they could have by now.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I'd like to see more taunts that you can hold forever. Yoshi's side-taunt or the Ice Climbers' down-taunt would be perfect candidates.

Id love to have Mario's fireball / pill catch taunt be infinite. While you hold it either:

he stays frozen when the fireball is at the peak of its toss and mario just hold his hand out waiting to catch it

-or-

It freezes right when he does catch it and he just stands there, eyes closed and fist clenched.

Either one would be worthy of making my opponent angrier than before.

Ginge

Smash Ace
*throws in my two cents* More colors for Kirby :D And if it's not possible to give Kirby Roy's sword when you copy him, would it be possible to give him Marth's with fire?

Top Bottom