• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are good sheik stages

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
title says it all but i also want to know. what are ones that i should strike and avoid overall?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The stage you want, will depend on the opponent. Key factors to look for or consider:

1. Do platforms help the opposing character get away from me? Do they possibly help me?

2. Are there any niche stage aspects that might help or hurt me in the MU? Walls, terrain changes and slopes, stages that transform, etc

3. What do I need to accomplish in this MU? Quick kills from edge guarding, just enough space to maneuver around, do I want a large flat surface for Dthrow and Bthrow tech chases? etc

In general, Sheik is fine with smaller to average size stages. Sometimes, a place like FD is brutal for her tech chasing, other times a stage like WarioWare or YS gives you quick kills and jank ****.

If the person is floaty, you may not like going to Dreamland

D

Deleted member

sheik is good at every stage pretty much. she's slightly better at some than others, but it varies only a little. tbh it's better for you to pick stages based on the opponent's character because pretty much every character in the game is more responsive to different stages than sheik is.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
What are good places for facing Marths? Sheik gets advantages at Yoshi's Story/Battlefield/FoD, but Marth seems to benefits more with his range. I play a Marth right now that loves to juggle, and knows to ban the long stages (FD/PS2) so I can't escape his U-tilt/U-air juggles and can get low-% kills with tipped smashes.

Smashville would be my next pick, but I have trouble approaching him whenever the low platform is near:
When I approach from above, I either get juggled or he retreats to reset to neutral. If I try approach with needles, he'll just shield through those and bait pretty much any other Sheik approach into his shield grabs or F-smashes...the only time I can get anything in when the platform is near is through capitalizing off his missed grabs/smashes.

Are there any better choices? I'm considering PS1 as a possible alternative to PS2 - the transformations suck but its better than nothing - so I'll need at least one other stage to pick to beat out his stage bans. (We play bottom two rows of the first stage selection page only, loser bans 3 per match. For first round, we do RPS to decide the person who gets 3 bans) Also, would my stage bans on Marth (Yoshi's Story/Battlefield/FoD) be the best choices?

Last edited:

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
dont go to tipper island (marths story, u no, any other marth pun) sheik is good there but she isnt as good as marth is and fod is bout even for both of u i personally feel more comfortable on fod with sheik but fod for marth isnt bad at all the stages i suggest going for against a marth is ps2, smashville, and dream land against marth...i say dreamland cause marth sucks ass there and cant kill unless he gets tippered fsmashes while u can get all the edgeguards and fairs u want. ps2 and smashville r good but u have to use the platform i find that when i play marth the platform is a good way to approach as if something doesnt go my way i can waveland back on the platform and reset to neutral. in the end go to dreamland then ps2 then smashville....for starters, if ur counterpicking then go for like skyloft or skyworld or ps1...never go lylat or warioware...i went kinda everywhere with this but i hope it was helpful

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
sheik is good at every stage pretty much. she's slightly better at some than others, but it varies only a little. tbh it's better for you to pick stages based on the opponent's character because pretty much every character in the game is more responsive to different stages than sheik is.
I'd like to quote this again because it's right and add:

Honestly, you want to pick stages that mitigate strengths of the opponent (longevity, the way they get KOs) or pick on the weaknesses of them (can't approach? longer stage / can only kill off the sides? wider blast zones), then you add a bit more into player habits and come out w/ your CP.

D

Deleted member

or if they don't ban fountain you can go there and sheik them real good

i'm a visionary of my time lol

Top Bottom