• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are good approaches?

notkain

Smash Rookie
I don't like getting stale with what I do with Fox and I want to know what are some really good approaches other Fox players do?

Yeester

Smash Rookie
IMO it depends on the matchup. For example, dash dance grab is really good against Marth. It even depends on percent sometimes: drill on low percents for characters who can crouch cancel. I know mang0 loves running shine. Make sure you stay unpredictable in your approaches.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Nair and Dair. Nair is more reliable but don't ever blindly rush in.

Varist

Smash Lord
dash dance -> anything is usually your smartest approach if you're good enough

if the opponent committed to something then your best move choice will be your best combo starter

against characters with longer range than you a decent approach is running into spaced shield. it gives you room for wavedash out into whatever (usmash for kill, shine for combo) or a reactionary spotdodge -> shine if you see them move in toward you

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
Another option is to just SHDL a bunch on big stages - they basically have to come to you (unless it's Falco, Fox, Samus, Link, or YL) so you can get some free percent then choose an option where you're usually at less of a risk of being DD grabbed (Except Marths do that anyway). But if Puff won't come to you, don't approach, just laser and you have time to either snuff her approach with nair/dair/whatever, or you can just camp and think about how to land a grab -> uair or usmash when her percent gets high enough.

_A1

Smash Apprentice
If you land nair-shine, don't always try to follow up right away. The nair can pop them up in the air a little, so once the opponent lands from the shine they can act out and punish.

Last edited:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Dair shine, running shine and DD grab at lower percents to eliminate the risk of getting cc'd (especially against Falco/Peach for example).

Nair shine and full hop Bair at higher percents

Mixing up is everything though: after they learn they can't cc, you can Nair shine away even at 0% (for example).

Last edited:
Top Bottom