• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Falco's best and worst stages?

syaoran

Smash Rookie
All flat stages are good for both Fox and Falco so Final Destination is the best place i think. Although if it's not a 1 on 1 fight then I'd prefer Hyrule Castle so i can run away haha

Dell

Smash Rookie
Well final destination,Pokemon Kanto just for his shl and shines combos.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
final FANTASY lol WTF haha :)

correction: final destination :)

anyways, most of the levels that are tourney levels are good for teh falco.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Really depends on who he's playing.

For example, you wouldn't want to play a Peach/Samus on DL, since large ceiling/boundaries make both of them extremely annoying to kill.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
fod is bad because u get stuck on the platforms sometimes when you SHL
fd is good if they cant cg you
yoshi story is always a solid pick
and oufcourse falco does well on other neutral stages like ps bf and dl
falco is also good in alot of gay stages like RC, jungle japes, poke floats etc etc

PetaNybble

Smash Cadet
hmm...what about corneria? fighting at the back of the ship, falco could survive till extremely high damages because he could tech off the big wing. And because of the low ceiling, falco could make very easy kills with d-tilt and uair.

booshk

Smash Lord
ok I was joking Final destination known as fd lol
lol werent joking. u said final fantasy by accident. and you know it.
anyways
personally i have to say i love fd even with chaingrabbing. it is possible to chaingrab on platform stages too soo :S just no 0-death
i have to say i hate fod..

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just to clear up a misconception:
falco does NOT **** fox on final destination.

also, this depends on the opponent. i'll address the neutral stages:

FD: falco's great here because of SHL, but ice climbers, fox, falcon, and even luigi can exploit the stage's flatness just as well as falco can because of fast ground movement.

Battlefield: great for falco also. only problem is recovery, you can't hug the slope on this stage when recovering. marth is best on this stage in almost any situation, however.

Yoshi Story: easy spikes and horizontal kills, plus that triple shine on the top platform. however, expect some marth ****. perhaps some ganondorf **** (even some bowser ****... some call this stage bowser story.)

Dreamland: it's a good stage for falco, but the platform heights may hinder a lot of combos. peach and samus are b*tches to kill here, as someone already pointed out. also, wind and massive air space hinder falco's recovery. i'd say this is falco's worst of the neutral stages, but he can still do plenty here.

fountain of dreams: similar to dreamland. however... there's that trick with that low platform... i call it the Forward trick lol. constant drills! (you can find it in forward's C.O.C.K. combo video against a peach. AWESOME AND SEXY tactic)

xman

Smash Cadet
I'd say I'd go with yoshi's story as the best because the blast zones are so close falco's recover doest reach far but by limiting the blast zones you can even up the advantage over falco's recovery plus you have the wall on the sides of the stage to ride on for ledge teching and all platforms are easily accessible to falco. Its also hard for an opponent to run away in a small stage so if falco picks up momentum he would be pretty hard to stop. As for worst stage I think it'd be a tie between fd and fod

TheDazzLe

Smash Rookie
honestly if you arent playing a really good marth, yoshi's is the best pick. as xman said the small blast zones really even up recovery. Being able to upB right at the side of the stage comes in handy almost every match.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
It depends against who, if you're against m2k like marth FD is not as good as if you were against a fox, or another falco. This one is pretty neutral but only bad against marth that can 0 to death you from a grab. Fox, peach and marth have chaingrabs and combos, falcon has tech chasing potential as well as sheik, puff can't 1HKO you with rest if you are not near the edges. You on the other hand, have the ability to laser camp and combo very well.

You may want to pick FD when you're confident that your skill is better.

Dream Land is OK against falcon, marth, fox, falco but it gives and advantage to puff and peach (and many other characters in general) because they can extend their lifes significantly longer due to the big ceiling and larger blast zones on the sides of this stage, and the fact that they have much better recoveries than yourself. Combos and camping are pretty good here because the stage is fairly big but no kills off the top with shine or firebird and getting kills with fsmash, bair, or dsmash is hard as well.

You usually don't want to go DL

Battefield is good because it doesn't give the same advantage for puff and peach that DL does, but then again the edges are weird on this stage, which forces many characters to either go high or try to sweetspot, this makes falcon easy to edgeguard (or ganon for that matter) and marth will always try to sweetspot since his horizontal recovery sucks. However this is also bad for you since you can get gimped easily by many characters; specially marth, sheik and peach. You still have the combos and the blastzone from below is closer to the level so getting dairs off stage will almost always result in a kill or easy edgeguard, kills are also possible to get off the top via shine and the blastzones from the sides don't give you many KO problems as it's not that hard to get a KO with bair or fsmash.

This is a good stage for falco.

Yoshi Story has the cloud and walls from below the edge that benefit your recovery because you can wall jump or wall jump tech in case they go down and try to hit you, you're still gimpable but not as bad as on battlefield. Combos are pretty good, blastzones from side to side are somewhat closer to the stage wich makes forward smash a good choice, however this also benefits every other character as well, specially falcon's fair, sheik's fair and marth's tipper. Puff destroys you with rest here but is possible to kill her off the top and getting a read with a forward smash might also kill her.

Fountain of dreams is somewhat the same thing as in yoshi story but there are these moving platforms that can screw up people, so if you're really good at using them (which any falco should) this should be good stage for you, the downside it doesn't give you much room to run away (you should be pretty agressive here). It can mess up falcon, but marth may love it because of the easy upthrow + uptilts, puff also kills with rest unless you're on the center + good DI. Also keep in mind that the platforms dissapear from time to time so it gets neutral at some point and combos are easier against fox, falco, falcon.

This stage is OK for falco.

Lastly, I consider Pokemon Stadium to be neutral, the transformations aren't that useful for many characters, maybe except fox but not against you. Unlike Final Destination, here you can kill marth, sheik, puff, peach or any floatie off the top with a combo that ends with shine or shine + firebird close to the ceiling. Spacies and falcon can die like this but is not as common as it is with floaties. Also the wall just below the edge is kind of weird and is not straight wall just like yoshi story or somewhat diagonal like on final destinatio, is really weird and tech is a bit difficult and it may mess up your recovery.

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
It depends against who, if you're against m2k like marth FD is not as good as if you were against a fox, or another falco. This one is pretty neutral but only bad against marth that can 0 to death you from a grab. Fox, peach and marth have chaingrabs and combos, falcon has tech chasing potential as well as sheik, puff can't 1HKO you with rest if you are not near the edges. You on the other hand, have the ability to laser camp and combo very well.

You may want to pick FD when you're confident that your skill is better.

Dream Land is OK against falcon, marth, fox, falco but it gives and advantage to puff and peach (and many other characters in general) because they can extend their lifes significantly longer due to the big ceiling and larger blast zones on the sides of this stage, and the fact that they have much better recoveries than yourself. Combos and camping are pretty good here because the stage is fairly big but no kills off the top with shine or firebird and getting kills with fsmash, bair, or dsmash is hard as well.

You usually don't want to go DL

Battefield is good because it doesn't give the same advantage for puff and peach that DL does, but then again the edges are weird on this stage, which forces many characters to either go high or try to sweetspot, this makes falcon easy to edgeguard (or ganon for that matter) and marth will always try to sweetspot since his horizontal recovery sucks. However this is also bad for you since you can get gimped easily by many characters; specially marth, sheik and peach. You still have the combos and the blastzone from below is closer to the level so getting dairs off stage will almost always result in a kill or easy edgeguard, kills are also possible to get off the top via shine and the blastzones from the sides don't give you many KO problems as it's not that hard to get a KO with bair or fsmash.

Yoshi Story has the cloud and walls from below the edge that benefit your recovery because you can wall jump or wall jump tech in case they go down and try to hit you, you're still gimpable but not as bad as on battlefield. Combos are pretty good, blastzones from side to side are somewhat closer to the stage wich makes forward smash a good choice, however this also benefits every other character as well, specially falcon's fair, sheik's fair and marth's tipper. Puff destroys you with rest here but is possible to kill her off the top and getting a read with a forward smash might also kill her.

Fountain of dreams is somewhat the same thing as in yoshi story but there are these moving platforms that can screw up people, so if you're really good at using them (which any falco should) this should be good stage for you, the downside it doesn't give you much room to run away (you should be pretty agressive here). It can mess up falcon, but marth may love it because of the easy upthrow + uptilts, puff also kills with rest unless you're on the center + good DI. Also keep in mind that the platforms dissapear from time to time so it gets neutral at some point and combos are easier against fox, falco, falcon.

Lastly, I consider Pokemon Stadium to be neutral, the transformations aren't that useful for many characters, maybe except fox but not against you. Unlike Final Destination, here you can kill marth, sheik, puff, peach or any floatie off the top with a combo that ends with shine or shine + firebird close to the ceiling. Spacies and falcon can die like this but is not as common as it is with floaties. Also the wall just below the edge is kind of weird and is not straight wall just like yoshi story or somewhat diagonal like on final destinatio, is really weird and tech is a bit difficult and it may mess up your recovery.

TOTALLY TRUE NEVER TAKE JASON TO FD!

Top Bottom