• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Diddy's best/worst stages?

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
I find that he works best on stages where he is given a lot of space. It's much easier to make sure that there is a banana between you and the opponent on these stages.

Final Destination
Smashville
Skyloft
Green Hill Zone

I've had the most trouble on Lylat Cruise, as the corners are really difficult to correctly grab from an up B. On other stages it's not as big of a deal if you miss, but here you will die for it.

Does anyone have any insta bans while playing Diddy?

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
My auto bans are lylat. Then until I learn marth, yoshi story and warioware. Yoshi island is pretty good too. Lots of space to run, chain, b reverse follow, and shield drop.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I auto ban Yoshi's Story and WarioWare, though I'm thinking of not banning Story anymore as my Marth is starting to get decent.

The third ban is usually matchup specific. For example, I'd ban dreamland against fastfallers (uthrow never kills) but I wouldn't ban it against Roy.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
The life of a diddy main. You will never get to fight on final destination. 95% of the time you won't see either skyloft, and or smashville either. That means you are forced to master platform stages cause of the way tourney ban system works. I always wondered, by what logic is yoshi story more balanced than yoshi island, except for ness and Lucas cause of shy guy. Joking aside sky world seems better balanced even. it just doesn't fit my idea of neutral since from a pm standpoint it is just different platform placement warioware. G&w literally has to die in order to sweet spot the ledge with his up b lol. But I digress, I wonder how many characters, (such as bowser) would become more viable if pm showcased its excellent stage diversity by altering the stage strike system.

Top Bottom