• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are counterpick stages in Ike's favor?

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Sorry if this question has already been asked. I looked around and found nothing so I decided it would be okay to post.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Delfino, Great Sea, Picto Chat. Any stage that's a walkoff when not fighting dedede. The less offstage area downwards, the better. I personally love pokemon stadium and halberd though.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Let's see (in no order)...
1. Battlefield
2. Delfino
3. Great Sea
4. Pictochat
5. Brinstar
6. PS1
7. Corneria
8. Norfair
9. Green Greens
10. Any walkoff stage*
11. Yoshi's Island [Melee] (?)
12. Halberd

I love Brinstar, Battlefield and Pictochat, tough.

* must not be fighting Dedede, Falco, etc.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
Pictochat should so be banned, that's ridiculous...
So should Pirate Ship (bombs are gay) but it's a good stage for Ike.

The fact that Corneria is legal is beyond me as well.

D

Deleted member

Let's see (in no order)...
1. Battlefield
2. Delfino
3. Great Sea
4. Pictochat
5. Brinstar
6. PS1
7. Corneria
8. Norfair
9. Green Greens
10. Any walkoff stage*
11. Yoshi's Island [Melee] (?)
12. Halberd

I love Brinstar, Battlefield and Pictochat, tough.

* must not be fighting Dedede, Falco, etc.
man, I hate all of your stages. ike dislikes half of those for various reasons.

XACE-K

Smash Master
The only ones I can think of are Pirate Ship and Delfino.

And Umbreon, your sig makes me lol.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Any basic stage is really in his favor. By basic, I mean it's a big platform, and on either side, one can fall down into oblivion, or die upward, and from the side. However, because of Ike's vertical projectile, Aether, he works very well at Delfino and Halberd, as it makes for a wonderful surprise attack from below. They cannot gain monopoly over the edge, either, in some circumstances.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I am not sure if the Halberd could be leaning into Ike's favor jus because it has a low ceiling but somebody suggested to me that that was the reason, anybody care to teach me otherwise?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I am not sure if the Halberd could be leaning into Ike's favor jus because it has a low ceiling but somebody suggested to me that that was the reason, anybody care to teach me otherwise?
That is one of the reasons but another is that you can do suprise attacks from below like what Lex said.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Isn't it also possible that the edges on the second platform (the Halberd ship itself) has the same properties as the Battlefields edges and that if Aether is used under them that it automaticaly will pick up on the ledge or do the finishing strike on the stage if enough DI is placed or not?

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Next tourney I'm going to uses this stage list:

Neutral (Random Select)

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island

Counter

* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege
* Delfino
* Halberd
* Lylat Cruise
* Frigate Orpheon
* Brinstar
* Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

And it's as liberal as I'll see in a while. I like Battlefield and Delfino (against single jump characters obviously). Halberd (same goes as for Delfino, don't get ***** by MK etc..), Smashville and Island Wii are fine but not great. Pipes can be good against chars with a poor grab game. The rest isn't really good imo.

KC18

Smash Journeyman
may sound odd, but i believe that distant planet helps ike as well because there's the platforms, helps with landing an up smash or back to make them fall back if defended, then there vulnerable. also he can also retreat to the lower ledge if you need to with quick draw. but still it's more preference to the person

XACE-K

Smash Master
may sound odd, but i believe that distant planet helps ike as well because there's the platforms, helps with landing an up smash or back to make them fall back if defended, then there vulnerable. also he can also retreat to the lower ledge if you need to with quick draw. but still it's more preference to the person
I've heard that before but I'm not sure if it's true. Personally, I hate that stage in general (idk why) so I wouldn't know about it.

Havoc Cycle

Smash Rookie
Green Greens is a good counter pick IMO. You're generally looking for stages with a low roof and siding, Ike's a powerhouse so the smaller the stage the quicker you are going to be able to kill someone. I like Green Greens and BF for there size. Delfino is good at times, and if you can play competently I suggest Pirate ship & Bridge.

Top Bottom